Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 18 Feb 2010, 13:36 (Ref:2635600)   #826
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Either RML are going for no BTCC or definetely Cruzes for next season, http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listin...tti_S2000.html

Also if Dynamics use this paint scheme, as Twitter told me they might, i will, OMG
http://www.automobilsport.com/upload...Type-R2007.jpg

Last edited by kezza7; 18 Feb 2010 at 13:50.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2635659)   #827
James Mappin
Rookie

James Mappin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza7 View Post
Also if Dynamics use this paint scheme, as Twitter told me they might, i will, OMG
Team Dynamics are NOT pairing up with Mugen like the press release suggested according to Steve Neal.

Also that livery is that of JAS Motorsport and one of the Rally Civics.

Lots of speculations flying around and all very confusing as everyone saying different things.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 15:27 (Ref:2635678)   #828
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting on the sale of the Lacettis. I hope that means good news with the Cruzes rather than bad news and no RML in 2010.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2635703)   #829
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Mappin View Post
Team Dynamics are NOT pairing up with Mugen like the press release suggested according to Steve Neal.
In today's Autosport it says that the engines definitely won't be Mugen prepped, but will still be Neil Brown engines.

I don't think there'll be much difference from last year, apart from maybe some Honda stickers in place of previous sponsors and a new colour scheme. They're not going to suddenly become works team in the sense we saw in the Super Touring or Vauxhall eras.

Anyway, at the end of the day it's two cars on the grid so does it matter if they're works / factory / semi-work / privateer / one-fifth works or whatever. They will no doubt go at least reasonably well and have at least one top grade driver so all's good. Still gives us something to discuss I suppose!
Old 18 Feb 2010, 17:00 (Ref:2635724)   #830
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
The NGTC engine is not an easy fit in anything the cost to put the engine in a Vauxhaul are over £20k and thats a vauxhall engine in a vauxhaull!!

There are issues trying to get one in a Leon not unsurmountable issues but costly

My guess most will just wait till the ngtc car rules are announced and build from there

Why they are using a 10 yearold GM engine is beyond me when the SEat engine is 75% cheaper of the shelf in spain !!
Teams don't have to use the TOCA NGTC engine, they can develop their own.

A specified TOCA turbo, wastegate, intercoolers, injectors and ECU must be used, but the block can be from the original model (or related brand)....

.... So a Leon could use a VAG TFSI engine with TOCA turbo+ancillaries.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2635756)   #831
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
But who posted it on Twitter, official source or just an over-keen fan?

Filename is a bit of a giveaway, it's a 3 year old show car.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 18:17 (Ref:2635762)   #832
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good old Twitter. It tells me lots of things too. Things that most often are incorrect. :P
Old 18 Feb 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2635801)   #833
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupOfOne View Post
Anyway, at the end of the day it's two cars on the grid so does it matter if they're works / factory / semi-work / privateer / one-fifth works or whatever. They will no doubt go at least reasonably well and have at least one top grade driver so all's good. Still gives us something to discuss I suppose!

If I were Honda I would not be looking at Matt Neal or Johnny Herbert in the cars, there are far better available and less of a risk.

Last edited by Icebaby; 18 Feb 2010 at 19:37.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2635803)   #834
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matt Neal has only used that driving style since he joined Vauxhall in 2007 with the Civic he was fine and in 2006 and 2005 before that.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 21:18 (Ref:2635867)   #835
privateer
Rookie

privateer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Teams don't have to use the TOCA NGTC engine, they can develop their own.

A specified TOCA turbo, wastegate, intercoolers, injectors and ECU must be used, but the block can be from the original model (or related brand)....

.... So a Leon could use a VAG TFSI engine with TOCA turbo+ancillaries.

Yes they can in 2013 !! but not until then its the NGTC engine only til 2013
Old 18 Feb 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2635908)   #836
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Either RML are going for no BTCC or definetely Cruzes for next season, http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listin...tti_S2000.html
I point you to this article in touringcartimes a while ago http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4233 . As it says, the swedish chevrolet team are struggling to buy cruzes, as last years wtcc works cruzes have been bought by the btcc team.
Old 19 Feb 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2636521)   #837
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about Matt neal & James Thompson at dynamics! & befor you say Thommo is sighned up & very busy - apparentley he's not that busy & is free for the BTCC rounds
Old 19 Feb 2010, 20:21 (Ref:2636537)   #838
emicen
Rookie

Scotland
Glasgow
emicen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
Drawn up a list of confirmed/expected/rumoured.

Confirmed

Martin Depper-Forster Motorsport-BMW 320si
Arthur Forster-Forster Motorsport-BMW 320si

Lea Wood-Team Wood-Honda Intergra

Dave Pinkney-Pinkney Motorsport-Vauxhall Vectra

Andrew Jordan-Team Pirtek-Vauxhall Vectra

Paul O'Neill-Sunshine with TechSpeed-Honda Integra
John George-Sunshine with TechSpeed-Honda Integra

?-Thorney Motorsport-Vauxhall Insignia (built to NGTC rules, late campaign ahead of '11)

Tom Chilton-Team AON-Ford Focus (more manufacturer backing?)
? (Tom Onslow-Cole?)-Team AON-Ford Focus (more manufacturer backing?)

Shaun Hollamby-Team AmD-VW Golf
Simon Shaw-Team AmD-VW Golf? (Trying to raise funds for selected rounds)

Tom Boardman-Special Tuning UK-SEAT Leon TFSI

Expected

Colin Turkington-Team WSR-BMW 320si (No RAC title sponsorship, Alvara now. Colin is rumoured to want a deal with WSR over any else)

Stephen Jelley-Team WSR-BMW 320si (Confirmed intentions at Autosport International, should be there funds permitting)

? (Alan Blencowe?)-Sunshine with TechSpeed-Honda Integra ("Humphries also confirmed the team is currently in talks with a second driver and that it has capacity to run a third Integra..." although maybe not straight away in the season)

Jason Plato-RML/Team Silverline-Chevrolet Cruze (All but confirmed)
Mat Jackson-RML/Team Silverline-Chevrolet Cruze (Likely to be kept, funds permitting)

Rob Collard-Team Motorbase-BMW 320si (Deal reportedly close according to AUTOSPORT)
? (Adam/Kane/Bridgeman/Glew?)-Team Motorbase-BMW 320si (Team have intentions to run a second car)

Matt Neal-Team Dynamics-Honda Civic (Deal reportedly close, more Honda backing?)
? (Johnny Herbert)-Honda Civic (Hebert wants full campaign. More Honda backing?)

Adam Jones-Team Aircool-SEAT Leon? (Return to own team in Leon? Chance of Special Tuning UK seat?)

? (Gordon Shedden?)-Special Tuning UK-SEAT Leon TFSI (Team has ambitions to run second car, and "expects to sign a (second) driver within the next few weeks.")

? (Fabrizio Giovanardi?)-Triple 8-Vauxhall Vectra (Tripe 8 confirm intentions to return with one Vauxhall Vectra)

Phil Glew-?-? (Reportedly in talks with Motorbase. However, didn't rule out running own team)

Rumoured

?-IF Motorsport-Abarth Grande Punto (confirmed intentions, may miss first round-car not eligible?)
?-IF Motorsport-Abarth Grande Punto (confirmed intentions, may miss first round-car not eligible?)

? (Anthony Reid/Andy Neate?)-WSR-BMW 320si (Intentions to run third car? Ceravision decals on new livery, link to Neate over Reid?)

?-Team Parker-BMW 320si (Reportedly looking to enter BTCC as well as PCCGB)

? (Alex McDowell?)-RML-Chevrolet Lacetti (Lacetti to be run alongside the two Cruzes?)

?-Team AON-Ford Focus (chance for a 3rd car?)

?-?-Honda Integra? (George's old car is now sold, will we see it in BTCC in 2010?)

Martin Johnson-Team Boulevard-? (Could be back with newer car)

Paul Luti-?-MG ZS? (Rumours that he has bought one of Hughes' ZS)

Jason Hughes-Team Kartworld-MG ZS (Still owns car, plans to come back next season? Team site is down however)

Ginetta G50 champion, Nathan Freke, is also hopeful of a ride in 2010.

Volvo/KIA/VW? (All rumoured before, all rumoured again)
Paul Luti and Dreadnought are not entering the BTCC this year due to funding.

[Ref: www.racethemg.com]
Old 19 Feb 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2636541)   #839
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
What about Matt neal & James Thompson at dynamics! & befor you say Thommo is sighned up & very busy - apparentley he's not that busy & is free for the BTCC rounds
I didn't think that sounded right and checked back the Touringcartimes article from January - it states there is 6 clashes between DTC and BTCC..

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4337

Unless you know something different and Thommo's going to drop everything for a Honda UK paycheque?
Old 19 Feb 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2636624)   #840
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I understand that WSR (along with Dynamics) where test at Thruxton today with Turkington and Andy Neate doing the drive, I also understand that Stephen Jelly was there watching.
Old 19 Feb 2010, 22:20 (Ref:2636638)   #841
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alex MacDowall and Turkington also drove for WSR. Few more teams tested as well.

Full details on the btcc site..
http://btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1820
Old 19 Feb 2010, 22:34 (Ref:2636648)   #842
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, I understood that link earlier. Sorry, read it earlier.
Old 19 Feb 2010, 22:40 (Ref:2636651)   #843
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
damn, if i'd have known i'd have gone up there for a quick look i work literally 15 mins away
Old 20 Feb 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2636688)   #844
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Images from Thruxton can be found here.. www.psp-images.co.uk
Old 20 Feb 2010, 12:06 (Ref:2636964)   #845
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else notice the band of red/blue/green/yellow that all drivers now seem to be carrying at the top of their windcreen? Anyone know the reasoning behind it?

see here, http://www.touringcartimes.com/picture.php?id=4423 on the right of the windscreen strip and here http://www.touringcartimes.com/news/btcc10022002-b.jpg ) between the windscreen and front door.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 12:28 (Ref:2636981)   #846
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All cars that were on track had them!

Something to do with noise checks and other checks before the car was allowed on track I believe.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 15:08 (Ref:2637108)   #847
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-top fan View Post
Anyone else notice the band of red/blue/green/yellow that all drivers now seem to be carrying at the top of their windcreen? Anyone know the reasoning behind it?

see here, http://www.touringcartimes.com/picture.php?id=4423 on the right of the windscreen strip and here http://www.touringcartimes.com/news/btcc10022002-b.jpg ) between the windscreen and front door.
Looking through my photos from yesterday I assume they are identification marks for each of the 4 test sessions.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 15:33 (Ref:2637119)   #848
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
How has Matt Neal managed to get tyre marks on a test day ?
Old 20 Feb 2010, 15:36 (Ref:2637120)   #849
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
He had a tangle with a Ginetta junior at the complex
Old 20 Feb 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2637132)   #850
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Snap ! I was thinking exactly the same myself. He doesn't do himself and his reputation any favours, does he.
Closed Thread