Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 May 2019, 08:22 (Ref:3902916)   #376
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
When you've got a UK-based team demonstrating that they're quite happy to do a season exclusively in TCR Germany, there's clearly something fundamentally wrong with TCR UK.
I think one of the reasons Pyro went off to do TCR Germany was the uncertainty over whether TCR UK would continue to exist in any shape or form.

Had there been interest and confidence in the series, I'm sure they would have stayed on but by committing early to the German series it ensured them the certainty of using their car and enough time to find drivers alongside a larger pool of interested clientele.

As for the various TCR cars elsewhere in the country - the formula appeals well to club racers too, though whilst they're willing to splash out on the car itself, the idea of competing against the likes of WestCoast or Pyro with better equipment, more staff, more experience and better funding running drivers with aims of going professional just isn't appealing.

Italy and Germany have plenty of TCR cars in club level championships and there are a few running around on hillclimbs too. An equivalent example in GT racing are the various GT3/4 cars competing in club sports car championships or the GT Sports Club - a theoretically 'competitive' series like GTs' equivalent British GT just isn't as suitable or interesting for some gentleman or Sunday drivers.
Old 10 May 2019, 22:49 (Ref:3903084)   #377
pescaraproductions
Rookie

pescaraproductions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio View Post

As for the various TCR cars elsewhere in the country - the formula appeals well to club racers too, though whilst they're willing to splash out on the car itself, the idea of competing against the likes of WestCoast or Pyro with better equipment, more staff, more experience and better funding running drivers with aims of going professional just isn't appealing.
I think that's made evident by the fact that most are the early gen Seat's, but still there was a DSG trophy open for them, they didn't have to compete for outright wins. Whilst there was a couple big teams in the sport last year they were hardly invincible, plus they're all gone now . Most TCR spec cars I see in club level stuff still get beaten by things like a well sorted BMW M3 too, but I think more could have been done to persuade these guys into the series.
Old 11 May 2019, 13:59 (Ref:3903150)   #378
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TCR being very active on social media today, although I'm not sure in the value of Sunny Wong claiming to be over the moon at qualifying last.
Old 14 May 2019, 20:38 (Ref:3903796)   #379
pescaraproductions
Rookie

pescaraproductions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure how many saw the shenanigans of the first round but 2 cars that were meant to show up didn't/blew up, another turned up that wasn't on the entry list, they had issues setting up the reverse grid (for a single figure field?), everyone who wanted to watch it couldn't because the live stream never existed, and as predicted, one of the TCT cars took a TCR machine out in spectacular fashion nearly injuring a load of marshalls in the process. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WApHh5eWnYQ
Old 14 May 2019, 21:47 (Ref:3903805)   #380
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pescaraproductions View Post
Not sure how many saw the shenanigans of the first round but 2 cars that were meant to show up didn't/blew up, another turned up that wasn't on the entry list, they had issues setting up the reverse grid (for a single figure field?), everyone who wanted to watch it couldn't because the live stream never existed
Kent had engine problems during Friday testing. I understand Wilson doesn't have the budget, so was a no-show.

The extra entry (Colclough) was in a TCR car but seemingly not a TCR UK entrant. TSL timing show him in the TCT class, and he doesn't appear on the championship standings on TCR UK's website. Don't know if the car was in non-standard spec, or if there was some other reason.

Reverse grid for race 2 was originally published then amended at the last minute to being based on the race 1 finishing order. For whatever reason, they reverse the decision to use a reverse grid.

But don't worry, they were very active on social media, so that's all good then!
Old 15 May 2019, 07:15 (Ref:3903856)   #381
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
So, the question is this...

If I set a Scalextric track up in my spare bedroom and launched the TCR Scalextric rung what he brung would I get more entries? Would we set starting order by tossing a coin? Could I better protect some little Lego marshalls by putting them out of the direct line of fire of overly ambitious schoolboys?

Oh, and does anybody want to film & stream in their Smartphone. I'll do you a good deal for the media rights, let's say fifty squillion?
Old 15 May 2019, 10:10 (Ref:3903871)   #382
Motormouth94
Rookie

Motormouth94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
The extra entry (Colclough) was in a TCR car but seemingly not a TCR UK entrant. TSL timing show him in the TCT class, and he doesn't appear on the championship standings on TCR UK's website. Don't know if the car was in non-standard spec, or if there was some other reason.
Guy Colclough's car is a TCR car that has not been homologated to the latest specification, hence why it is not allowed to run in TCR UK itself
Old 15 May 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3903891)   #383
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth94 View Post
Guy Colclough's car is a TCR car that has not been homologated to the latest specification, hence why it is not allowed to run in TCR UK itself
Makes sense. I wonder how many other apparent potential entries running 'TCR' cars in other series would have the same problem.
Old 15 May 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3903914)   #384
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you pay the $1,000EU fee to WSC annually, you can run in any TCR-sanctioned event you like. It doesn't have to be the latest spec. If you nominate it as a 2016-spec car, it needs to be of that specification.
Old 15 May 2019, 13:29 (Ref:3903933)   #385
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
If you pay the $1,000EU fee to WSC annually, you can run in any TCR-sanctioned event you like. It doesn't have to be the latest spec. If you nominate it as a 2016-spec car, it needs to be of that specification.
So a car cant be a mixture of say some parts being 2016 spec and some parts 2017 spec?
Old 15 May 2019, 13:53 (Ref:3903942)   #386
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bit down on numbers, but hopefully it will get bigger as more get themselves ready. Of course in TCR UK it peaked at double figures, then went back down to single figures again. The key for TCT is to make sure when they reach double figures, it stays at double figures
Old 15 May 2019, 18:52 (Ref:3904011)   #387
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoli View Post
So a car cant be a mixture of say some parts being 2016 spec and some parts 2017 spec?
Well they need to apply the correct BOP to it.
Old 15 May 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3904024)   #388
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Kent had engine problems during Friday testing. I understand Wilson doesn't have the budget, so was a no-show.

Reverse grid for race 2 was originally published then amended at the last minute to being based on the race 1 finishing order. For whatever reason, they reverse the decision to use a reverse grid.

But don't worry, they were very active on social media, so that's all good then!
The entry fee is higher for TCR than TCT.
If you're in an older car, so already at a disadvantage, why waste that money?
Old 29 May 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3906704)   #389
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Nick Halstead in a Fox Motorsport Civic FK2 for three rounds:

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...orsport-honda/
Old 18 Jun 2019, 12:48 (Ref:3912659)   #390
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Okie dokie, so its the second round of the championship this weekend supporting the British GT pack, can anyone tell me were the hell to look for an entries list as I can't find one in any of the normal places? cheers
Old 18 Jun 2019, 15:52 (Ref:3912687)   #391
redshoes
Veteran

Sunny Wong is off doing N24 that weekend. Teamwork Huff/Cicely are advertising the car as an arrive and drive. Don't know if there are any takers so far. Second Huff car looks like going nowhere this year.

I doubt Ollie Taylor will be back as it was a one-off deal for Oulton.

I think Lewis Kent has said he will be there.

Richard Woods / HSG Sport posted some footage of their S2000 Focus on the dyno recently, although didn't actually say if they would be racing this weekend.

I'm assuming we'll see Henry Neal in the Civic, Alex Day in the Audi and Turks Jr in the SEAT.
Old 18 Jun 2019, 18:18 (Ref:3912719)   #392
sceptic
Veteran

Quote:
Sunny Wong is off doing N24 that weekend. Teamwork Huff/Cicely are advertising the car as an arrive and drive. Don't know if there are any takers so far. Second Huff car looks like going nowhere this year.

I doubt Ollie Taylor will be back as it was a one-off deal for Oulton.

I think Lewis Kent has said he will be there.

Richard Woods / HSG Sport posted some footage of their S2000 Focus on the dyno recently, although didn't actually say if they would be racing this weekend.

I'm assuming we'll see Henry Neal in the Civic, Alex Day in the Audi and Turks Jr in the SEAT.
I think there will be three TCR entries, two of them in the actual TCR class.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 16:55 (Ref:3912929)   #393
redshoes
Veteran

https://brscc.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...port-Races.pdf

4 Richard Woods (TCT)
21 Max Coates (TCT)
38 Lewis Kent (TCR UK)
40 Nick Halstead (TCR UK)
42 Henry Neal (TCT)
50 Darrelle Wilson (TCR UK)
61 James Turkington (TCT)
101 Alex Day (TCT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I think there will be three TCR entries, two of them in the actual TCR class.
Close, 4 TCR cars, 3 in TCR class. Although you might be right by race 2.
Old 19 Jun 2019, 17:14 (Ref:3912930)   #394
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
https://brscc.co.uk/wp-content/uploa...port-Races.pdf

4 Richard Woods (TCT)
21 Max Coates (TCT)
38 Lewis Kent (TCR UK)
40 Nick Halstead (TCR UK)
42 Henry Neal (TCT)
50 Darrelle Wilson (TCR UK)
61 James Turkington (TCT)
101 Alex Day (TCT)

Close, 4 TCR cars, 3 in TCR class. Although you might be right by race 2.
all of the tcr uk entries just have to finish a race to be on the podium
Old 20 Jun 2019, 10:03 (Ref:3913047)   #395
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Still a way to go in this series
Old 20 Jun 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3913056)   #396
Motormouth94
Rookie

Motormouth94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There could still be a couple of decent races this weekend - Henry, Lewis and Max should all be somewhere near the same pace I'd imagine, and not sure where the new guys will fit into the running order, but will be interesting to see how they get on. Remember that there is not an individual points system for TCR UK, so outright finishing positions dictate the points scored - in other words, it doesn't really matter so much what class everyone is running in
Old 21 Jun 2019, 06:53 (Ref:3913233)   #397
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth94 View Post
There could still be a couple of decent races this weekend - Henry, Lewis and Max should all be somewhere near the same pace I'd imagine,
According to Autosport and Touring Car Times, the Max Coates entry is the car Guy Colclough turned up with as an extra entry at Oulton, which Colclough and Coates share in Britcar- According to TCT it has the older-spec DSG gearbox, but will run in the TCR class. Autosport also quote Max as saying that there's 'potential' for it to expand to two cars, as Colclough also has a couple of Supercopa Leons and may be out in one of those later.
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...onington-park/

Autosport are also reporting that Team Dynamics still have the TCR Audi they ran in the Dubai 24 hours at the beginning of the year, which is currently being rebuilt after it's Dubai shunt and may be seen later in the year to run Will Neal alongside his brother's Honda
Old 21 Jun 2019, 07:24 (Ref:3913238)   #398
redshoes
Veteran

Colclough and Coates are running the car in Britcar at Oulton on Saturday, then running the same car at Donington on Sunday.

There's plenty of cars that 'could' enter. The question is how many will enter.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3913285)   #399
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
so despite tct/tcr saying after the first round that the grid numbers will increase, they havent.
Old 21 Jun 2019, 13:50 (Ref:3913313)   #400
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
so despite tct/tcr saying after the first round that the grid numbers will increase, they havent.
Nope and with Ollie Tylor, arguably the best driver in the series dropping out, its all looking a bit Micky mouse really.
Surely Stewart Lines Has a few contacts without BTCC drives he could be trying to get interested an either drivers or teams with spare cars.

Feel sorry for him really as the idea had potential but I guess it backs up people saying it is not required