Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 18 Sep 2006, 17:40 (Ref:1848369)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, and in the second bit i was referring to van der garde, just to clarify (although it does apply to both).
Old 18 Sep 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1848371)   #27
Lightning Bug
Racer

Lightning Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
i think bella means rossiter. who drives for pons. the best british driver in that particular series.
That's funny, I could've sworn that Ben Hanley is 10 points ahead of Rossiter - and in only his second year of car racing. And, unlike Rossiter, he's not driving for the 2004 championship winning team either.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 07:36 (Ref:1848373)   #28
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirot1
News say Bonanomi is testing for Durango.

I like him and he can be a good addition as the second driver in Durango.
For those of us who aren't as aware of this driver, could you tell us a bit about him sephirot?
Old 19 Sep 2006, 09:17 (Ref:1848374)   #29
Sephirot1
Racer

Spain
Madrid, Spain
Sephirot1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
For those of us who aren't as aware of this driver, could you tell us a bit about him sephirot?
Marco Bonanomi, 20

He drove in Formula 3 in Italy, with various wins and then, he stayed two years in F3 Euroseries where he only got a podium.

He drives in Euroseries 3000 where he is second right now but only one point off the leader. He also raced in two meetings in WSR where he scored six points (he was completely new with the car) in the Tech 1 team.

In other news, Filippi tests with ART and Borja GarcĂ*a with SuperNova, iSport and Spiker.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 09:23 (Ref:1848376)   #30
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Bug
That's funny, I could've sworn that Ben Hanley is 10 points ahead of Rossiter - and in only his second year of car racing. And, unlike Rossiter, he's not driving for the 2004 championship winning team either.
rosberg also beat kovalainen who was driving for 04 champions arden, to win gp2 last year. doesnt mean he is a better driver.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 11:57 (Ref:1848378)   #31
Lightning Bug
Racer

Lightning Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good point flexible!
Old 19 Sep 2006, 14:06 (Ref:1848379)   #32
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Wouldn't be surprised to see Spyker link up with a GP2 outfit next year.

They're testing Viso and Valles in the F1 cars and have people like Markus Wincklehock and Gorgio Mondini already as 3rd drivers earlier in the year, although the latter two may no longer be part of the set up as Midland signed them?

It would make sense to run prospective drivers in GP2 to evaluate them for drives the following season perhaps.

I wonder which GP2 team would be most likely to align themselves with Spyker though?
Old 19 Sep 2006, 14:56 (Ref:1848381)   #33
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
did midland sell their dtm team or was it just rebranded? reason why i ask is that the dtm is de rigeur for young drivers at the moment, and since gp2 isn't greatly competitive at the front...
Old 19 Sep 2006, 16:07 (Ref:1848382)   #34
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
did midland sell their dtm team or was it just rebranded? reason why i ask is that the dtm is de rigeur for young drivers at the moment, and since gp2 isn't greatly competitive at the front...
My understanding is that the Midland DTM team was a rebranding of Colin Kolles's team as opposed to an entity set up by MF1. Seeing as Colin Kolles remains part of the Spyker F1 team, a logical view is that some of the young drivers being linked with the F1 team may find themeselves in a DTM car.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 23:11 (Ref:1848384)   #35
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
My understanding is that the Midland DTM team was a rebranding of Colin Kolles's team as opposed to an entity set up by MF1. Seeing as Colin Kolles remains part of the Spyker F1 team, a logical view is that some of the young drivers being linked with the F1 team may find themeselves in a DTM car.
But nos that Spyker is a real car manufacturer, unlikely Midland, is there a point in racing old audis in DTM? If they have the money they should better support a GP2 project instead of this.
Old 20 Sep 2006, 11:15 (Ref:1848386)   #36
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Fairuz Fauzy has signed for Durango. I doubt if this is will change much, but at least it puts a tick in a box.

Marco Bonanomi is going to test alongside Fauzy at Paul Ricard in the first week of October.

A couple of other drivers who apparently have GP2 aspirations are Maro Engel and Christian Bakkerud. I'd guess that Maro would have no problem finding the money, but Christian might.
Old 20 Sep 2006, 13:25 (Ref:1848388)   #37
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe Fauzy will only test for them for the moment.
Old 21 Sep 2006, 23:47 (Ref:1848390)   #38
Boro
Racer

Boro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Spengler was a pure 'hypothesize' as he's been quite stunning in DTM this year and might have done enough to warrant interest from GP2 or WSR teams if that's what he wanted to do.
to go from a paid driver to a paying driver?

i highly doubt it.

us canadians aren't THAT wacky
Old 22 Sep 2006, 08:29 (Ref:1848392)   #39
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
to go from a paid driver to a paying driver?

i highly doubt it.

us canadians aren't THAT wacky
OK, but wouldn't top line single seater racing still be his ultimate aspiration, after all he is the top Canadian driver in Europe at present??
Old 22 Sep 2006, 10:06 (Ref:1848394)   #40
Sephirot1
Racer

Spain
Madrid, Spain
Wow, wow, wow!!

Right now, the drivers testing are:

ART: Senna, Hirate, Nakajima, Filippi, Petrov, Vettel?
iSport: Senna, Bakkerud, Elkmann, Danielsson, GarcĂ*a, Vettel?
SuperNova: di Grassi, GarcĂ*a, Soucek, Filippi, Petrov, Hulkenberg, Jouanny
DPR: Senna, Conway?, Rahal?
BCN: LĂłpez, Filippi
RE: Villa
Arden: Ammermuller
Piquet: Negrao, Valerio
Durango: Fauzy, Bonanomi
Campos: ?
FMS: ?
Trident: ?
DAMS: ?
Old 22 Sep 2006, 10:26 (Ref:1848396)   #41
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

What right now??

Ok where's the info from mate?
Old 22 Sep 2006, 11:17 (Ref:1848398)   #42
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
good grief. supernova have got their hands full...!
Old 22 Sep 2006, 11:30 (Ref:1848400)   #43
Sephirot1
Racer

Spain
Madrid, Spain
Italiaracing.net and auto123.com

And these are the drivers racing in the the three tests that are scheduled for this Winter.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 11:44 (Ref:1848402)   #44
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
good grief. supernova have got their hands full...!
Nice to see them trying out a host of outstanding talents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirot1
Italiaracing.net and auto123.com

And these are the drivers racing in the the three tests that are scheduled for this Winter.
Thanks seph' there'll probably be a number of others running as well.

Teams will be very busy methinks?
Old 22 Sep 2006, 15:25 (Ref:1848404)   #45
Boro
Racer

Boro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
OK, but wouldn't top line single seater racing still be his ultimate aspiration, after all he is the top Canadian driver in Europe at present??
if that's the case, then going to gp2 is simply absurd.

you didn't see Gary Paffett going for a gp2 season before he landed that test seat
Old 22 Sep 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1848406)   #46
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
if that's the case, then going to gp2 is simply absurd.

you didn't see Gary Paffett going for a gp2 season before he landed that test seat
Interesting point.

Only a handful of prospects have gone the DTM/ITC route and that was because they got picked up on a manufacturer scholarship (usually Mercedes') and none of them have then gone onto make an major impression in F1.

In the past Fisichella, Magnussen and Franchitti for example forsook the F3000/GP2 level for DTM and only Fizzi got away with it and managed to get a long term F1 career.

I don't blame a driver for taking that route if it keeps him/her racing professionally, as not everyone can get the F1 ticket, but Paffett almost certainly would have done F3000/GP2 if he had a decent budget and Mercedes in effect saved him which is great as he's good.

I'm not saying GP2 is the be all and end all but it is the place to be at the moment to get noticed. I'm sure Spengler would like a crack at it as well wouldn't he?
Old 22 Sep 2006, 16:19 (Ref:1848408)   #47
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The GP2 organisers have done an incredible job with the series. It is truly the place to be if you want to push your name out to the F1 fraternity as a potential outstanding talent. For 2 years it has a very impressive list of drivers moving up already and you just have to look at the list of drivers eyeing the series next year to know that it is in a very healthy position.

There are some great talents stepping up to the series next year, I'm interested to know where Di Resta will go, as I didn't see his name down on that list...?

Senna and Vettel would be a fairly formidable line-up of talent, potential and in marketing terms would be fairly useful for the team. I can't see Senna joining DPR, i wouldn't see why he would want to test for a team that isn't front-running. Money won't be a concern for them and the occasional sparkling performance in an ART or ISport ride would be far better for his reputation than a season in the midfield at DPR...

Anyone know of Oliver Jarvis' plans? What about that other Canadians' McIntosh?

Didn't Piccione hint he was looking to return too?
Old 25 Sep 2006, 17:07 (Ref:1848410)   #48
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider
Senna and Vettel would be a fairly formidable line-up of talent, potential and in marketing terms would be fairly useful for the team.

Anyone know of Oliver Jarvis' plans? What about that other Canadians' McIntosh?

Didn't Piccione hint he was looking to return too?
Hmmm, I wouldn't fancy being a teammate to Vettel, who's current career path looks like it's the latest installment of the 'second coming'!

Vettel will obviously be in a Red Bull car, but who says the Red Bull drivers have to be in the same team? In 2005 there were 3 RB backed cars...

Bruno at I-Sport is a logical assumption like you say.

Jarvis is a good question... clearly done the best with what he had in F3, but I expect he'll do another year won't he?

McIntosh would be a good addtion to GP2 - he is a looking more and more like a very good and sensible racing driver indeed.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1848412)   #49
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And Pantano is looking at staying in GP2 for another year
Old 25 Sep 2006, 23:28 (Ref:1848414)   #50
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Jarvis is a good question... clearly done the best with what he had in F3, but I expect he'll do another year won't he?
It's possible, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in WSR. Don't think the money would stretch to GP2.
Closed Thread