Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 Aug 2018, 18:51 (Ref:3845439)   #26
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
Couldn't it be argued that F3 is more prestigous that F4 given that it is the next step up the ladder?
If it were real F3, yes.
But BRDC F3 isn't really F3. It's just FPA rebranded.
Old 22 Aug 2018, 19:28 (Ref:3845444)   #27
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't say I've ever linked the word 'prestigious' to F4. Maybe, kinda, ish to Porsches, but even that's a stretch.

Anyway, I don't think it should be the most prestigious series to support BTCC. It should be the most entertaining - that's what BTCC has marketed itself as, and it's done very well with that. Porsches, I assume, pay for their spot on the weekend. Otherwise, they're pretty boring as a support race and probably the least popular to watch. I actually think they'd suit British GT as a support event better, given the GT base, but that's now how the commercial side works.
Old 22 Aug 2018, 21:22 (Ref:3845461)   #28
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I've always viewed the Porsche races as a perfect opportunity to do something less boring instead: go walkies, feed my face, answer the call of nature, paint a watercolour...
Old 23 Aug 2018, 10:01 (Ref:3845517)   #29
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Anyway, I don't think it should be the most prestigious series to support BTCC. It should be the most entertaining - that's what BTCC has marketed itself as, and it's done very well with that.
Agree totally with that. BTCC is all about entertainment not pure motorsport so, to me, the Porsches and F4 have never sat well on the support package.
Old 23 Aug 2018, 10:30 (Ref:3845527)   #30
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
F4 has had it’s place on the support bill, as it has helped bring to notice stars of tomorrow. Porsches is a bit more exciting than it used to be, but not great
Old 23 Aug 2018, 10:39 (Ref:3845528)   #31
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The problem with Porsches for me are the drivers rather than the cars - no disrespect to anyone, but there's really only about half a dozen in the leading group. F4 always seems to be low on entries which doesn't help.
Old 23 Aug 2018, 13:27 (Ref:3845558)   #32
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
What the support package needs is another "saloon type tin-top" series. The last time we had one of those was the Vectra V6 Challenge - great cars, a shame it had such a poor uptake.
Old 23 Aug 2018, 13:37 (Ref:3845561)   #33
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
What about the Clio's? I thought they were a regular support for The BTCC?
Old 23 Aug 2018, 13:46 (Ref:3845564)   #34
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Personally I would like to see GT4 as a support race given how well it's doing in BGT, which is also the reason why it won't happen.
Old 23 Aug 2018, 14:01 (Ref:3845566)   #35
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
What about the Clio's? I thought they were a regular support for The BTCC?
Clios are usually the best thing on the support package. For a while we had Fiestas and Clios, now that was brilliant.
Old 23 Aug 2018, 19:51 (Ref:3845629)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And don’t forget the Vectra challenge
Old 24 Aug 2018, 09:49 (Ref:3845722)   #37
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
What the support package needs is another "saloon type tin-top" series. The last time we had one of those was the Vectra V6 Challenge - great cars, a shame it had such a poor uptake.

I could see a Civic Type R cup working quite well decent power and handling in stock trim so would only need race prep like the Clios.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 11:22 (Ref:3845738)   #38
mickb
Rookie

mickb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'am sure there was some Seat Cupra at some point, enjoy the clios but something a bit bigger with more ooph would work for me. Like Porches but maybe a more affordable road car. Suburu Cup
Old 24 Aug 2018, 11:45 (Ref:3845742)   #39
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickb View Post
I'am sure there was some Seat Cupra at some point, enjoy the clios but something a bit bigger with more ooph would work for me. Like Porches but maybe a more affordable road car. Suburu Cup

With what exactly?

The WRX is soon to be killed off in the UK, the BRZ (in standard trim) would be barely faster than the Ginetta G40 GT5's then the rest of the range is SUV's with CVT gearboxes!
Old 24 Aug 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3845760)   #40
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
I've advocated a guest support race - be good to mix it up with some good club racers and historics.
Old 24 Aug 2018, 16:50 (Ref:3845825)   #41
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I've advocated a guest support race - be good to mix it up with some good club racers and historics.
If racing was still carrying on at Rockingham I'd have loved the Pickups on the oval as a guest support, sadly never going to happen though 😢
Old 30 Aug 2018, 18:37 (Ref:3847113)   #42
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I like the VW Cup.
Old 31 Aug 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3847197)   #43
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem with attracting a regular support series is that grid slots are significantly more expensive than standard club racing. The Ginetta Supercup and Clio season entry fee is £ 18.5k a year, whereas a club racer would probably pay £ 3k for the same amount of track-time per year - and thats before tyres, spares, fuel, accomodation...
Old 31 Aug 2018, 11:17 (Ref:3847214)   #44
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they should just swap the Porsches or the big Ginettas for the Mini Challenge.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 19:35 (Ref:3847968)   #45
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Each circuit has a club that generally treats it as their home circuit so I think they should have a different club series at each round from that track.