Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Mar 2019, 01:59 (Ref:3888822)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
This place is amazing . There is serious race cars here . We are getting a lot of attention . Had a crowd waiting for me to fire up the car . Hit start button and nothing . Errr forgot to connect up battery . Red face . Just going out now for a play but we might have fuel supply problems . Sure is a long straight .
Old 7 Mar 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3888892)   #27
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Not sure where to start . Had the most brilliant day . So many people come by for a chat .Lots and lots of interest in the car . Owner let me loose this afternoon . Did around 8 laps . Need to do 80 to get on the pace and learn properly . I’ve been invited to drive AC Cobra but have had to declinie as it is in same race as our car . Will come back next year with F Ford and have some fun. BT W and this is not exaggerating there are geese on the track and I mean right on the apex . They don’t move . Your coming by inches away and they just carry on chewing the grass . Finished up prepping the car around 7 pm and ran back to hotel around 4 miles away . Lovely evening then got made even better when I saw several kangaroos . We ended up having a race . Just an amassing day .
Old 7 Mar 2019, 11:56 (Ref:3888898)   #28
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Glad you are enjoying the place Iain. See you tomorrow (Friday). Just throwing some clothes and toothbrush in a bag now. And the bike I mentioned for you to use if you want.

Re the geese, yes they are a hazard. One took out a motorbike on the main straight last year at MotoGP!. onboard Video in this news link
https://thewest.com.au/news/offbeat/...ng-b881010435z

Last edited by E.B; 7 Mar 2019 at 12:08. Reason: Added goose video and pic at MotoGP.
Old 7 Mar 2019, 18:51 (Ref:3888958)   #29
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I shall look forward to meeting you .
Be careful what you wish for ……………………………… you have to wonder why he was deported in the first place.
Old 7 Mar 2019, 20:06 (Ref:3888976)   #30
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
We are in garages 4 and 5 Dave .
Old 8 Mar 2019, 05:31 (Ref:3889058)   #31
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Breakfast Quassons delivered!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3824 (002).JPG  
Old 8 Mar 2019, 22:32 (Ref:3889241)   #32
Philip Venables
Rookie

Australia
Philip Venables should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain, have you worked out how to take Honda, and Siberia corners?
Old 9 Mar 2019, 00:24 (Ref:3889257)   #33
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Venables View Post
Iain, have you worked out how to take Honda, and Siberia corners?
Don’t think I’m getting another go . Will come back next year with a FJ or F Ford. Good to have you back on tenths Phil .
Old 9 Mar 2019, 01:59 (Ref:3889269)   #34
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Hope you find your camera battery, john875. If you get time to post after the meeting some photos would be great!
I found a new one... Now going tomorrow (Sun) so hopefully will catch up with some TenTenthers. Pretty mild weather and hopefully dry so pretty ideal there.

The geese have been the cause of safety cars at some Supercars events in the past.
Old 9 Mar 2019, 07:05 (Ref:3889287)   #35
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Good job I did not go out in the Cobra .He had a wheel break .
Old 9 Mar 2019, 07:16 (Ref:3889288)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Sometimes...... Hope car and driver OK?
Old 9 Mar 2019, 09:59 (Ref:3889295)   #37
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yes both ok Mike . We just sorting out getting car back into container .
Old 9 Mar 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3889352)   #38
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
6.30 in morning here .Dark at moment . Just waiting for sun up and bike to track on EB bike . What a top bloke and again the power of Ten tenths brought us together . Very sad it’s my last day of this NZ and Oz trip . I shall return that’s for sure .,I can only urge and recommend if you ever get the chance to come to PI then do it . I said to someone yesterday that this is like our Silverstone Classic but 10 times better . I’ve not had one gorilla tell me I can’t do this and I can’t go in there without the correct pass . The place was jam packed with spectators and just about everyone of those came by for a chat about the Cooper Maserati . I got the chance to wonder around the whole paddock yesterday and there must be 500 or so race cars here . The outer paddock is full of classic car displays . Hopefully E B and 875 will post pictures . Back to work Wednesday , I wonder if you can still emigrate to Oz on £10.00.🙄
Old 9 Mar 2019, 20:02 (Ref:3889354)   #39
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Well I’m certainly envious if nobody else is! Spent a while reading though the entry list, and what an amazing variety of cars.... I see Andy N and Rhea are there again, with a FF this time. Hope their racing is going OK.

Enjoy your last day! Back down to earth soon.....
Old 9 Mar 2019, 21:33 (Ref:3889365)   #40
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Sent you another Pic Mike of sunrise over the track .
Old 10 Mar 2019, 01:37 (Ref:3889397)   #41
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Well I’m certainly envious if nobody else is! Spent a while reading though the entry list, and what an amazing variety of cars.... I see Andy N and Rhea are there again, with a FF this time. Hope their racing is going OK.

Enjoy your last day! Back down to earth soon.....
Passed your good wishes on to Rhea and Andy, Mike. They seem to like the place. Last race for the coming Cooper up in a hour. Great weekend gone too fast.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 05:29 (Ref:3889405)   #42
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks! From everything I've heard it would be very difficult not to like PI....

Couple more pics- first is the sun rising at the circuit. 2nd is of three tenthers! from left to right, delta, E.B. and johnh875...…
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3838 (002).JPG   IMG_3849 (002).JPG  
Old 10 Mar 2019, 06:54 (Ref:3889407)   #43
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just loading last car in container . Lost for words . Best time ever .
Old 10 Mar 2019, 09:02 (Ref:3889415)   #44
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Had a great day at the track, although too short, always a juggling act of trying to see each category race as well as all the other stuff like the pits and paddock, and the classic car display. A highlight this year was the Bolwell Club having their national meet with something like 10% of all cars manufactured in attendance; or 60-something cars!

Have just got home, still to get photos off the camera. I have a family event tomorrow, so should have some photos posted on Tuesday.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3889444)   #45
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yes both ok Mike . We just sorting out getting car back into container .
Iain doing just that.

Sunrise at PI

Iain with Cooper Maserati on the dummy grid

Many more pics when I upload them.
Old 10 Mar 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3889469)   #46
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for all us back here in Blighty EB for looking after our Delta so well, clearly made him very welcome from the sound of things. I only hope you haven't poached him, seems he wants come back to PI and stay.

Looking forward to your pictures. Can you put them on the web?

Cheers,

Bob SoF 1
Old 11 Mar 2019, 02:57 (Ref:3889574)   #47
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Thanks for all us back here in Blighty EB for looking after our Delta so well, clearly made him very welcome from the sound of things. I only hope you haven't poached him, seems he wants come back to PI and stay.

Looking forward to your pictures. Can you put them on the web?

Cheers,

Bob SoF 1
Your wish is my command....

Herewith as requested some images from PI. I'm no Bauble with the camera so apologies in advance.

The 2019 PI Gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/2uy4uhzzk/

If anyone needs any ID's, email me on the link in my profile, and I will try to answer. (Dont send me PMs as my quota has been filled and I dont want to delete some old messages that are keepers!)

Here is a link to the entry list which might be of some assistance: https://vhrr.com/wp/wp-content/uploa...st-2019-RS.pdf

The more observant amongst you will note Iain wearing a pink shirt in a pic of him at the dummy grid.... the very last image in the gallery is a pic of me with the Cooper Monaco in the garage, also wearing a pink shirt. I wore mine on the last day to show you all (and Iain) that real men do wear pink shirts at motor races!

Last edited by E.B; 11 Mar 2019 at 03:10. Reason: Added entry list link to help with IDs
Old 11 Mar 2019, 03:28 (Ref:3889575)   #48
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Just a note.... you will note on image 2206, a pic of a slightly bowed wishbone on a Formula Holden car driven by a good friend of mine Andrew McInnes. (Actually Andrew's Father Geoff was actually in the next bay of the garage to us with his Riley. Andrews first time ever in the car, Qualifying / practice 1, and he hit one of Iain's aforementioned geese at high speed out the back. Hence the hint of feathers and the kink in the wishbone.
Old 11 Mar 2019, 05:44 (Ref:3889581)   #49
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Never liked geese! Used to cycle past a farm pond in my youth and have to run the gauntlet of being attacked every time.....

Final pic from Iain- E.B, Cooper Maserati, and a familiar looking E Type in the next garage.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3845 (002).JPG  
Old 12 Mar 2019, 01:15 (Ref:3889795)   #50
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Here are some photos from some race starts. I am pretty disappointed how they came out, I thought I would make life easier by only taking one lens which was at max zoom, and there was also some smoke haze from the bushfires.

Will put up some more later.
Attached Thumbnails
QR Sports start.jpg   CA start.jpg   Grp S start 2.jpg  

Grp S start.jpg