Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2013, 14:11 (Ref:3339732)   #176
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Choose you proboscis.

Last edited by bauble; 3 Dec 2013 at 14:18.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 09:24 (Ref:3345352)   #177
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More:-
Attached Thumbnails
Donington, HSCC, 2 April 2006 011wb.jpg   Donington, HSCC, 2 April 2006 028wb.jpg   Donington, HSCC, 2 April 2006 029wb.jpg  

Donington, HSCC, 2 April 2006 050wb.jpg   Donington, HSCC, 2 April 2006 082wb.jpg   Donington, HSCC, 2 April 2006 091wb.jpg  

Old 18 Dec 2013, 09:31 (Ref:3345359)   #178
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And more:-
Attached Thumbnails
Silverstone, MGCC, 24 June 2006 001wb.jpg   Silverstone, MGCC, 24 June 2006 065wb.jpg   Silverstone, MGCC, 24 June 2006 071wb.jpg  

Silverstone, MGCC, 24 June 2006 094wb.jpg   Silverstone, MGCC, 24 June 2006 096wb.jpg   Silverstone, MGCC, 24 June 2006 119wb.jpg  

Old 18 Dec 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3345362)   #179
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A Cream Cracker!
Old 7 Feb 2016, 08:29 (Ref:3612694)   #180
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I thought I'd browse this old thread because being simple, I like pics! I note that all your photos have disappeared Bob. Is that because you have reclaimed them or are they linked to somewhere that no longer exists
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 7 Feb 2016, 09:36 (Ref:3612711)   #181
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi John.
The 93 MGB was wrecked but belonged to Tom Stewart. We lost Tom a few years ago now to Cancer but his son Davey still races with the same Number and colour scheme, all be it a Griffith 500. Have you any more pics and I can pass on to Dave.

This was later the same day I think…

Cheers
Neil.

Last edited by Heightswitch; 7 Feb 2016 at 09:58.
Old 7 Feb 2016, 10:20 (Ref:3612733)   #182
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Neil, I'll take a look but I might need to do a bit of digging, so might be awhile before I find any!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 7 Feb 2016, 10:51 (Ref:3612743)   #183
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Neil, I'll take a look but I might need to do a bit of digging, so might be awhile before I find any!
Cheers John.
Davey was just reminiscing about the prang over on Facebook. That front end had just been replaced the week before and then the big one. He would love some other photos if you have any.

N.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 19:52 (Ref:3614649)   #184
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I thought I'd browse this old thread because being simple, I like pics! I note that all your photos have disappeared Bob. Is that because you have reclaimed them or are they linked to somewhere that no longer exists
Funnily enough John I thought to have a look today and noticed the lack of my brilliant images. I am not sure why that is, as my web site is still up and running.

I will try posting a few more and see what happens.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 19:55 (Ref:3614650)   #185
bauble
Veteran

England

Nothing special, just checking it works, but it does have a 'look' on it's face, as if it's about to sneeze.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 19:59 (Ref:3614652)   #186
bauble
Veteran

England

Probably hurrying to put his towel on the beach.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 20:06 (Ref:3614653)   #187
bauble
Veteran

England
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cavalier 001.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	46719

Name:	trolleyvatin'.jpg
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	46720

Name:	IMG_8445.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	46721

OK! I have the hang of it now John, so will look for some nice images to add to this wonderful thread.

Last edited by bauble; 14 Feb 2016 at 20:08. Reason: Addition of wording.
Old 15 Feb 2016, 13:56 (Ref:3614825)   #188
bauble
Veteran

England

Name:	IMG_6566.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	46724
Amazingly some people still race these old things!

Name:	IMG_1185.jpg
Size:	976.8 KB
ID:	46725
A lovely HWM for JT's pleasure.

Name:	IMG_1222.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	46726
Something for JT to drool over.

Name:	IMG_5958.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	46727
One of the nicest cars from the 1950's, when they made proper cars.

Name:	IMG_5973.jpg
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	46728

Whoops!
Old 20 Feb 2016, 09:16 (Ref:3616219)   #189
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Thanks Bob. Actually, I think the SP250 nose is really cool and (literally) standout. There is and was nothing quite like it with the possible exception of the incredibly rare early long nose Sabre 4.
Old 20 Feb 2016, 12:06 (Ref:3616241)   #190
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Thanks Bob. Actually, I think the SP250 nose is really cool and (literally) standout. There is and was nothing quite like it with the possible exception of the incredibly rare early long nose Sabre 4.
Yes, I'd agree with that. When fitted with bumper(s) the early Dart looked best, IMO.
Old 21 Feb 2016, 12:57 (Ref:3616477)   #191
bauble
Veteran

England
Damn, double posting!
Old 25 Feb 2016, 20:34 (Ref:3617775)   #192
owrforever
Rookie

United States
America's Dairyland
owrforever should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridowrforever should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
from the colonies

Old 25 Feb 2016, 21:10 (Ref:3617788)   #193
owrforever
Rookie

United States
America's Dairyland
owrforever should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridowrforever should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A J

[IMG]
Old 26 Feb 2016, 10:19 (Ref:3617922)   #194
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Lovely jobs, owrforever
Old 26 Feb 2016, 13:23 (Ref:3617968)   #195
owrforever
Rookie

United States
America's Dairyland
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 26 Feb 2016, 13:46 (Ref:3617976)   #196
owrforever
Rookie

United States
America's Dairyland
Baby Bowes Sealfast Special

[/IMG]
Old 26 Feb 2016, 14:50 (Ref:3617989)   #197
owrforever
Rookie

United States
America's Dairyland
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 26 Feb 2016, 15:19 (Ref:3617997)   #198
owrforever
Rookie

United States
America's Dairyland
Ol' Calhoun

[IMG]
Old 26 Feb 2016, 15:23 (Ref:3617999)   #199
owrforever
Rookie

United States
America's Dairyland
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 26 Feb 2016, 15:34 (Ref:3618002)   #200
owrforever
Rookie

United States
America's Dairyland
Yup, it's a Hemi

[IMG][/IMG]