Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: What is one extra nation you'd like to see on the '14 schedule?
Spain (Catalunya, Jerez, Aragon...) 3 3.23%
Italy (Monza, Mugello, Imola...) 38 40.86%
Malaysia (Sepang) 4 4.30%
South Korea (Yeongam) 1 1.08%
Australia (Phillip Island, Bathurst, Eastern Creek...) 10 10.75%
Germany (Nurburgring, Hockenheim, Oschersleben...) 17 18.28%
Canada (Montreal, Mosport, Mont Tremblant...) 10 10.75%
Portugal (Estoril, Portimao...) 3 3.23%
UAE (Dubai, Yas Marina...) 2 2.15%
Other (please specify...) 5 5.38%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Aug 2013, 00:03 (Ref:3291135)   #1
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Drink FIA WEC '14 ~ Speculation Thread

I think it's that time of year, folks. The 2013 season is in a bad midlife crisis (as usual) and entries are dropping out and changing around left and right. So I think it's a good time to start seriously considering the 2014 season which looks, on paper, to be even more competitive than it's two predecessors.

Here's the latest rundown of the entry list (let me know if you see any errors are have any teams I haven't included on here)...

LMP1
Confirmed
Audi Sport
OAK Racing
Porsche
Rebellion Racing (w/ Oreca R-One)
Strakka Racing (w/ HPD)
Toyota Racing
Likely
Lotus-Kodewa
Possible
ADESS
AER
Ferrari LMP1
Muscle Milk Pickett Racing (w/ HPD)
Nissan
Perrinn
Pescarolo (Dome, ADESS, OAK possible)
Pilbeam

LMP2
Confirmed
Alpine
Oreca
SMP Racing (with Ferrari power)
Zytek
Likely
Dome
Lola (probably part-time and customer-based)
OAK
Possible
Bailey
Caterham
Honda
Tiga
Toyota
Wolf

GTE
None have really been "confirmed" yet but we can reasonably expect...
Aston Martin
Chevrolet
Ferrari
Porsche

And, of course, for all of the LMP2 and GTE manufacturers, we can expect multiple teams to enter.

One thing that seems to be slipping under the radar a bit is the GTE news. Will GTE and GT3 combine in Europe for 2014? Or is that a later project... and could it even be dead in the water? If GTE and GT3 combine, we could see absolutely massive interest from GT teams from the likes of BMW, Lamborghini, McLaren, Mercedes-Benz, and more.

As far as the schedule goes, nothing has been talked about yet. All the tracks stayed the same from 2012 to 2013 except Sebring switching to Austin, but could the same be said for 2013 to 2014? Interlagos springs to mind as they should be making critical changes to the track and relocate the start/finish line, pits, and pit building to the Reta Oposta, the "back straight". Besides Sao Paulo, we should expect Silverstone, Spa, Le Mans (obviously), Austin, Fuji, Shanghai, and Bahrain to stay.

Otherwise, let the discussion and speculation commence!

Old 18 Aug 2013, 03:39 (Ref:3291191)   #2
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
One thing that seems to be slipping under the radar a bit is the GTE news. Will GTE and GT3 combine in Europe for 2014? Or is that a later project... and could it even be dead in the water? If GTE and GT3 combine, we could see absolutely massive interest from GT teams from the likes of BMW, Lamborghini, McLaren, Mercedes-Benz, and more.
From what I have read, the earliest the proposed "GT Unification" will occur is in 2015.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 08:15 (Ref:3291241)   #3
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
Are we so sure that oak racing is confirmed in lmp1?
I would like to drop bahrein and replace it with an extra european round. In Germany, Nurburgring or Hockeneim or Italy, Monza. Should be changed also the logistic structure. Now is europe races - ship to america - south and north america races - ship to asia - japan, china, bahrein races. My vision is:

- ship to america -
(possibly not clashing with sebring) March: Interlagos
early-mid April: Austin
- ship to europe -
early-mid May: Spa
mid June: Le Mans
end of August: Silverstone
mid September: German or Italian race
- ship to asia -
mid October: Japan
early November: China
Old 18 Aug 2013, 10:55 (Ref:3291276)   #4
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Is Alpine really confirmed to step up to the WEC next year?
Old 18 Aug 2013, 11:32 (Ref:3291283)   #5
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah I think there's a few confirmations there that haven't been confirmed.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3291291)   #6
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
yes, anyway, reading better the list, a lot of names like: ferrari lmp1, nissan, perrinn, smp racing ferrari powered, bailey are fictional more than possible.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3291312)   #7
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here's something to be filed under 'speculation'..

One of my office colleagues caught up with Luiz Razia this weekend and although F1 is still the aim, he seems to feel sportscars and Le Mans is more realistic next year.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...re-than-talent

I'm sure he will still bring some budget so he's the type of guy Henri needs to be approaching IMO. He will have pace in a proto I believe.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3291313)   #8
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My 'Other' vote goes to Potrero de los Funes in Argentina.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3291348)   #9
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Take the Bailey off as they didn't sell a P2 , I think their not going to build another .
Old 18 Aug 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3291357)   #10
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Is Alpine really confirmed to step up to the WEC next year?
I believe so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Yeah I think there's a few confirmations there that haven't been confirmed.
Please elaborate... which of these "confirmations" do you speak of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avvelenamento View Post
yes, anyway, reading better the list, a lot of names like: ferrari lmp1, nissan, perrinn, smp racing ferrari powered, bailey are fictional more than possible.
I'm simply going by what's on mariantic.co.uk. There are rumours about a Ferrari LMP1 program, so even though the chance is incredibly slim, still it goes under the "possible" category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Here's something to be filed under 'speculation'..

One of my office colleagues caught up with Luiz Razia this weekend and although F1 is still the aim, he seems to feel sportscars and Le Mans is more realistic next year.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...re-than-talent

I'm sure he will still bring some budget so he's the type of guy Henri needs to be approaching IMO. He will have pace in a proto I believe.
Yes, he needs to be approaching. But will he?

I can't see him approaching Razia. Henri generally seems to deal with European drivers only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
My 'Other' vote goes to Potrero de los Funes in Argentina.
That track is amazing. Although I think the accomodations would be too slim to host a large international motorsports event. FIA GT1 is about as big as they can handle, I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Take the Bailey off as they didn't sell a P2 , I think their not going to build another .
But it's still possible (but probably not probable)... and it's on the LMP watch website called "Mariantic".
Old 18 Aug 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3291367)   #11
avvelenamento
Racer

"That track is amazing. Although I think the accomodations would be too slim to host a large international motorsports event. FIA GT1 is about as big as they can handle, I think"

You think well, Potrero is a semi-permanet track made by the road around the so called lake. When I saw fia gt races, I noticed that the track hasn't permanent boxes at all.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 17:10 (Ref:3291375)   #12
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
"That track is amazing. Although I think the accomodations would be too slim to host a large international motorsports event. FIA GT1 is about as big as they can handle, I think"

You think well, Potrero is a semi-permanet track made by the road around the so called lake. When I saw fia gt races, I noticed that the track hasn't permanent boxes at all.
Maybe so, but Bahrain is a go kart track in the desert and they still go there.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 17:16 (Ref:3291381)   #13
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You can most certainly take Nissan off the P1 list for 2014, as their entry will be the G56.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 17:22 (Ref:3291388)   #14
avvelenamento
Racer

Quote:
infact in my opinion bahrain should be dropped and replaced with a fourth european race.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3291390)   #15
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Red Bull is involved with Porsche's P1 program, what are the chances that the Red Bull Ring becomes part of the schedule in the near future?
Old 18 Aug 2013, 18:46 (Ref:3291418)   #16
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I wonder if India being dropped from F1 has any affect on whether the WEC goes there. I would think itd be more of a chance that they want to have these guys race their track since theyre losing F1!?
Old 18 Aug 2013, 18:56 (Ref:3291419)   #17
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Since the FIA is involved then there is probably some bizarre agreement where the track has to pay the series to run there. Atleast thats how it is in F1. How bizarre is that? Why don't all tracks mutually agree not to pay to host F1 race...What is FIA going to do about that? Nothing but continue to race. Tracks shouldnt have to pay ludicrous amounts to host a race so the sooner the all the tracks come to agreement they can turn the tables...
Old 18 Aug 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3291429)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Austria would be a nice venue , I don't really know much about India , would that be a good track ?
Old 18 Aug 2013, 19:42 (Ref:3291434)   #19
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
Since the FIA is involved then there is probably some bizarre agreement where the track has to pay the series to run there. Atleast thats how it is in F1. How bizarre is that? Why don't all tracks mutually agree not to pay to host F1 race...What is FIA going to do about that? Nothing but continue to race. Tracks shouldnt have to pay ludicrous amounts to host a race so the sooner the all the tracks come to agreement they can turn the tables...
The agreements are NOT with the FIA, they are with Bernie and FOM/CVC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I don't really know much about India , would that be a good track ?
No, the Indian GP track is another dull parking-lot Tilkedrome.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 19:47 (Ref:3291438)   #20
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Its actually a good track. Drivers like it and has some good high speed turns. People said Austin would be another boring "tilke-drome" but were proven wrong.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3291441)   #21
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
However, unlike Potrero de los Funes, it is near a major city: Manama. And Manama has a 5-star Ritz Carlton, a 5-star Hotel Intercontinental, a 5-star... oh, here's the link: http://www.grandprixevents.com/f1-ra...hotels-bahrain

Bahrain is an excellent circuit. Hardly a go kart track (although they do have one right by the main circuit)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
If Red Bull is involved with Porsche's P1 program, what are the chances that the Red Bull Ring becomes part of the schedule in the near future?
I'd certainly hope so! I haven't been following Porsche P1 much... is Red Bull on their radar?

I'd rather see Monza before that, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I wonder if India being dropped from F1 has any affect on whether the WEC goes there. I would think itd be more of a chance that they want to have these guys race their track since theyre losing F1!?
F1 is returning in 2015 it seems...

I don't think it would be too bad. Yes, it's a cookie-cutter Tilkedrome, yes, it's in a horrible location... but it's a first-class circuit. Yeongam, Sepang, Buddh... they're all worthy candidates to replace Bahrain. But the WEC needs to keep it's presence in the Middle East, so I can see a switch to Yas Marina, the Dubai Autodrome, or even Lusail (Qatar).

But to make it a truly "World" Endurance Championship, they need an Australian race. It's a shame that all Australian circuits seem to be either too narrow, too short, too old, too rural, or not up to anything more than V8 Supercars.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3291444)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
yes, anyway, reading better the list, a lot of names like: ferrari lmp1.......... are fictional more than possible.
You know, I'm astonished you think that. Why haven't you said so before.......?
Old 18 Aug 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3291477)   #23
avvelenamento
Racer

once more or once less won't make appear magically a work ferrari in lmp1 . I am astonished thinking about how a summer rumor without any little evidence can make work the fantasy of so many people. Anyway a lot of people still think that a pair of american astronauts put their foot on moon surface a lot of years ago.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 21:16 (Ref:3291478)   #24
Mike E
Veteran

Do BMW have any WEC or LM plans for next year?
Old 18 Aug 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3291485)   #25
avvelenamento
Racer

Impossible to say now. I hope to see the return of the work schnitzer team with 2 z4 gte, a great addition, so also in 2014 there will be 5 work manufacturers team fighting each other at le mans. I said 5, because next year surely there won't be a porsche work team in GT, maybe a factory backed felbermayr-proton with one 991 RSR. Will the aston come back with a 5 car army also next year?