Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Nov 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3333707)   #26
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
There could well be merit in your recommendation Tim, I have had to leave forums before because of my style, which can upset serious minded types, especially moderators. I think my self lucky that Mr Turner has not suspended my licence before now, I am sure his legendary patience has been tried to the limit. ( In truth I regard John as a good friend.).
Mr Turner is too nice a person to suspend your licence but you need to be careful about insulting members on here as not all of us will see them as perhaps being tongue in cheek.
Quote:
Maybe Historic Racing is not an appropriate vehicle to be silly on, however, there are many serious threads for the dedicated member to indulge their love of old cars, but Parc Ferme? To much competition for me.

I always welcome people's views on anything I post, so if anybody else wishes to hurl invective, abuse or money my way, please feel free.
Given your background and having read some of your posts on BHP I think you're very capable of holding your own with the best of them in Parc Ferme. I think John prides himself on the way this forum has developed over the years so lets keep it that way and of course you can always make Delta's lighter side even brighter than it is now.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 16:51 (Ref:3333709)   #27
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Invective and abuse, can do. As for the other, no chance.....
Bloomin' typical.

Tim F "about insulting members on here as not all of us will see them as perhaps being tongue in cheek."

I sincerely hope that would never happen, but I am extremely good at grovelling when necessary, however, I would say here and now that I would NEVER, deliberately set out to insult or offend ANYONE, it is just not within me to even try.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3333715)   #28
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Yeah, I know. Once to get in, and once to get out.

Second trip was better....
Be careful what you say about Luton, you could cause an International Incident.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3333718)   #29
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Bloomin' typical.

Tim F "about insulting members on here as not all of us will see them as perhaps being tongue in cheek."

I sincerely hope that would never happen, but I am extremely good at grovelling when necessary, however, I would say here and now that I would NEVER, deliberately set out to insult or offend ANYONE, it is just not within me to even try.
Do we have a whooosh parrot emoticon anywhere?
Old 19 Nov 2013, 17:16 (Ref:3333721)   #30
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, it flew off to the airport.........
Old 19 Nov 2013, 17:19 (Ref:3333722)   #31
bauble
Veteran

England
I intend to think of a really interesting subject to start a thread concerning Historic Racing Today, that will demonstrate that I have a serious side.

But don't hold your breath.

Tim, I am bewildered by you last post. Honestly.

Cheers,

Bob.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3333821)   #32
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hey, I'm pretty cool about all this, as my responding posts of attempted humour intended to convey. I can live with a couple of lighthearted threads but let's not get too carried away; we seem to have got all off topic humorous on the 'awards' (where's mine?) thread, as well.

However, I quite like the idea of suggestion of developing this into a thread of photos showing off racing car noses. How about the Eagle Weslake F1 for starters.
Old 19 Nov 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3333846)   #33
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
However, I quite like the idea of suggestion of developing this into a thread of photos showing off noses.

While everyone else digs out their favourites, I'll kick off with this classic:

Old 19 Nov 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3333851)   #34
bauble
Veteran

England

No prizes for correct identification, but I can name Schnozzle Durante
Old 19 Nov 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3333855)   #35
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
While everyone else digs out their favourites, I'll kick off with this classic:

Careful, you can be accused of being silly, you know!
Old 19 Nov 2013, 20:26 (Ref:3333859)   #36
bauble
Veteran

England

Not a thing I can be accused off. Definitely not.

Red Nose Day?

Happy now John?
Old 19 Nov 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3333881)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Brabham went through a period of their own 'signature' nose, and IMO it worked well on some cars, even with 'winglets'. Here's one without-
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 19 Nov 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3333886)   #38
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
But on closed wheel cars, my favourite, just for the sheer sense of purpose it seems to give the car, has to be the Lola T70 Mk3......
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 19 Nov 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3333904)   #39
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
But on closed wheel cars, my favourite, just for the sheer sense of purpose it seems to give the car, has to be the Lola T70 Mk3......
One of my all time favourites, from the 1990s:

Although the nose, and indeed the rest of the car that had the most effect on my wannabee racers mind had to be this car (or it's sisters) as it was road tested by John Wyer's lads on the M4 in the dead of the night. The sight and the sound of them when they blasted past you was jaw-dropping.

Old 19 Nov 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3333915)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm a bit surprised this hasn't made an appearance yet.....

Old 20 Nov 2013, 07:21 (Ref:3334089)   #41
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
The Sharknose was certainly eye catching but never my favourite. A better execution of the concept than the Wainer FJ, though.

But the AAR Eagle is close to perfect. The proportions, the slope, the colour, the 'gills' a bit further back....
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 20 Nov 2013, 08:15 (Ref:3334107)   #42
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
I know it is personal opinion Mike, but that looks fairly 'ordinary' to me, what is it that strikes you about it? The Eagle is distinctive and, good looking, easy to see why you would choose that, but the Lola, just looks rather boring.

Not a patch on an SLR??????

Just interested,

Bob.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3334111)   #43
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
The Sharknose was certainly eye catching but never my favourite. A better execution of the concept than the Wainer FJ, though.

But the AAR Eagle is close to perfect. The proportions, the slope, the colour, the 'gills' a bit further back....
Quite true. As aesthetics on a race car go, that's pretty close to perfect.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 08:24 (Ref:3334115)   #44
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My first contribs! First taken at this years Castle Combe Autumn Classic; the rest at Silverstone Classic. This version of the 250F must be the best nose wise! The Alfa has an iconic front end, and yes, I know the last one is a road car:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3529wbb.jpg   DSCF6779wb.jpg   DSCF6814wb.jpg  

DSCF6818wb.jpg   DSCF6819wb.jpg   DSCF6832wb.jpg  

Old 20 Nov 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3334118)   #45
bauble
Veteran

England

I know I'm stuck in a time warp, but I always loved the Ferrari 'potato chipper' grill on their cars.

Looking at the choices so far it seems that simplicity adds a lot to the appearance of a car, unlike the current Eff 1 range.
Old 20 Nov 2013, 08:30 (Ref:3334122)   #46
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote John Turner; "My first contribs!"

Does mean there are more to come?
Old 20 Nov 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3334127)   #47
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
You started it! Now it at least has a connection with historic motor racing. Yes, I might well add some more, and I hope others may, too!
Old 20 Nov 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3334132)   #48
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yes, definitely, some more!:-
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF6885wb.jpg   DSCF6855wb.jpg   DSCF6841wb.jpg  

DSCF6837wb.jpg   DSCF6501wb.jpg   DSCF6485wb.jpg  

Old 20 Nov 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3334155)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Two here:
Attached Thumbnails
Silverstone Classic 1985 (a).jpg  
Old 20 Nov 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3334197)   #50
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Yep, take a bit of beating those two, Peter.