Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Dec 2015, 14:17 (Ref:3596624)   #51
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems there are lots of anomalies. I've been feeling very smug about how easy it was to renew online when last year's medical is still valid (see earlier posts!) but now need to upgrade to International C, so as well as forking out for the stress ECG, I have to have a medical to go with it, last year's suddenly doesn't count anymore!
Old 9 Dec 2015, 18:15 (Ref:3596663)   #52
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Seems there are lots of anomalies. I've been feeling very smug about how easy it was to renew online when last year's medical is still valid (see earlier posts!) but now need to upgrade to International C, so as well as forking out for the stress ECG, I have to have a medical to go with it, last year's suddenly doesn't count anymore!
Whoops! I'm arranging to go down to MRM's place near Gatwick for med and ECG. Total fee sounds a lot, so I have to remind myself that the latter requires results being checked by a suitably qualified medical man, who then has to write a report as well, which is all extra work and cost!

I was surprised to learn that no medical is required for a rally licence. Would be interesting to learn the logic behind that!

Old 9 Dec 2015, 22:58 (Ref:3596718)   #53
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt there is any logic, Mike. And it's clear to me from the lack of consistent approach from medicals to the lifting of seats that the rally side of the MSA and the racing side of the MSA don't actually talk to each other, let alone agree with each other on key policies.
Old 10 Dec 2015, 11:22 (Ref:3596816)   #54
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In short circuit karting the medical has just been dropped too. Both for under and over 45s. It's only car racing where it remains, time to lobby the race committee!

There's moves afoot to drop the ARKS test too. Only a matter of time before it goes, then ARDS tests will surely follow. I'm not racing at the moment but keeping up my kart licence which doesn't need a medical. Then when I get back behind the wheel of a car I can upgrade to an A licence without need for ARDS test or novice plates. At least, that's what I did last time I "retired" for a few years.
Old 15 Dec 2015, 12:06 (Ref:3597932)   #55
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I have the bonus of being under 45 and still do not require an annual medical yet.
Licence arrived 4 days after applying on line.
I have even sent off my first entry for 2016 to the Chateau Impney hillclimb (It takes place in July)
Never been that organised before on the admin side at least.

The Cooper is however spread over the garage floor in pieces - perhaps need to add to the "Winter rebuild" thread.

Have a happy Christmas and New year to one and all and a safe season of racing in 2016.

Goodness knows where this year has gone
Stuart Wright - 500cc Cooper MkXI and others
Old 18 Dec 2015, 10:19 (Ref:3598566)   #56
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Total fee sounds a lot
Holy Crap

Just had a look as I may be needing an International next year and was hoping to get it done at AI or RR.

May have to re-think my plans, or not eat for the next few months.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 18 Dec 2015, 12:07 (Ref:3598574)   #57
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Holy Crap

Just had a look as I may be needing an International next year and was hoping to get it done at AI or RR.

May have to re-think my plans, or not eat for the next few months.
Moose, if you can afford (time wise) to wait until end Jan beginning Feb, suggest you check out the cost on Porsche Experience Silverstone website. It's under the Human Performance heading, or something like that.....

Old 18 Dec 2015, 13:32 (Ref:3598584)   #58
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ta Mike. Cycling behind a 935 looks fun
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 18 Dec 2015, 14:16 (Ref:3598590)   #59
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
Ta Mike. Cycling behind a 935 looks fun
Not the word I'd use!

About as mad as Guy Martin behind the truck, on sand!

If you are booking at that facility, makes you third tenther I know of. They use a bike instead of treadmill, which is better for some...

Old 19 Dec 2015, 10:44 (Ref:3598743)   #60
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ive had no option but to go ahead this week and have SECG.We are off to South Africa end of Jan. Would very much of liked to join you at Silverstone as I am now £400.00 lighter off. Hey Ho.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 07:10 (Ref:3617594)   #61
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I know this is an odd time to resurrect this thread, but I've just submitted a non-standard renewal application to the MSA, and so it will be interesting to see how and if the system works when it's not just a case of pressing a few buttons and 'sending the licence to print'!

So far so good- sent off Monday, with confirmation that was received coming through yesterday afternoon. Now comes the interesting bit.....

Old 25 Feb 2016, 07:21 (Ref:3617596)   #62
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Non standard?
Old 25 Feb 2016, 08:24 (Ref:3617605)   #63
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Non standard?
Sorry Peter, not very well put. As in an application 'with complications' regarding the medical reports.....
Old 25 Feb 2016, 08:56 (Ref:3617614)   #64
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh dear. Hope nothing too serious.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 09:14 (Ref:3617620)   #65
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also hope all Ok but cannot resist.....

Is it to be Michelle Bell?
Old 25 Feb 2016, 12:05 (Ref:3617666)   #66
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise View Post
I also hope all Ok but cannot resist.....

Is it to be Michelle Bell?
Only if you make a typo while using predictive text....

No, I'm fit and healthy, and not deficient in any faculties. That is, until a Cardioligist studies my ECG trace, and notices a phenomonon simply known as 'ventricular ectopic beats'.... Not uncommon, and to which I am asymptomatic. Previous ECG results have pointed it out but it has has not interfered with licence renewal. Just to be sure, after last ECG I voluntarily had hospital tests to confirm that there was no heart disease, and got a report back confirming that all was fine. Unfortunately, I used a different Doctor for the med this time, and while the previous one took the decision on whether I was fit or not himself, this one has pushed the responsibility onto the MSA.

So I await their decision on whether the tests nearly 3 years ago are acceptable now, or I have to get them done again.....
Old 25 Feb 2016, 17:19 (Ref:3617720)   #67
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I have something similar. Had an echocardiogram and all very good. Licence was issued.
Old 25 Feb 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3617749)   #68
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I have something similar. Had an echocardiogram and all very good. Licence was issued.
Yup, that's one of the tests I had last time. Plus had a data-logger attached for 24hrs! Question is whether MSA will want them repeated.

It's more frustration than a concern, as have already lost a month talking to doctors, getting copies of results.....
Old 3 Mar 2016, 13:51 (Ref:3619543)   #69
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Although I've not received any more communications from the MSA, a quick phone call has confirmed that my licence is being processed......