Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Jan 2016, 03:15 (Ref:3602961)   #2926
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
What's the bop on this thing?
Old 8 Jan 2016, 03:38 (Ref:3602966)   #2927
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Why doe they insist on running this hideous machine. A better idea is to bring back a 2016 version of the Panoz GTR1
Old 8 Jan 2016, 15:45 (Ref:3603082)   #2928
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Why doe they insist on running this hideous machine. A better idea is to bring back a 2016 version of the Panoz GTR1
Why spend more money developing a car that's only eligible for one more year(that we think), when you can just run the current car that you'd had for a few years once more?
Old 8 Jan 2016, 15:48 (Ref:3603084)   #2929
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Why spend more money developing a car that's only eligible for one more year(that we think), when you can just run the current car that you'd had for a few years once more?
The current car has not been eligible for anything either, it has to be allowed an exception to race everywhere.

However the stated plan was to run the DeltaWing GT during 2015, and it didn't even get remotely close to operating. That at least could've been a legal car.
Old 8 Jan 2016, 15:49 (Ref:3603085)   #2930
cokata
Veteran

cokata should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have not really followed the development of the deltawing since nissan gave up on it, but i was mighty impressed with the performance it showed in only it's second race (Petit Le Mans) especially considering the car was made for Le Mans only. The concept actually has some very sound logic behind it, and with proper backing it may beat a more conventional layout fair and square.
Old 8 Jan 2016, 19:26 (Ref:3603159)   #2931
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
It's never been legal in the first place, and it's probably gonna be eligible here for as long as Uncle Don is alive, so I'm not sure what your point was. The series allows it to please Don and that's about it.

It's easy to operate something that doesn't have to comply with anything, doesn't have to correspond to any performance targets, and which you can develop "whenever"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
However the stated plan was to run the DeltaWing GT during 2015, and it didn't even get remotely close to operating. That at least could've been a legal car.
It wouldn't be legal in any shape or form - basically like Abruzzi - as long as

- No actual road car counterparts
- No meeting LMGTE or GT3 regulations (and yeah I know both of those are kinda joke at this point with all the waivers and half-rules, but there's still something to comply with)
Old 10 Jan 2016, 15:29 (Ref:3603495)   #2932
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well it'd be as legal as the Z4, since no real road version existed of that. But since the GT regulations are just shades of legal and illegal, it'd certainly be more legal than the Prototype.
Old 10 Jan 2016, 16:00 (Ref:3603500)   #2933
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At least the Z4-GTE-GT3-whatever-waiverwagon looks like a production car, DW GT looks just like the DW "Prototype", only even uglier.

I would be entirely willing to have dedicated Invitational class for these whacko special dispensation vehicles not complying with anything, because you know variety is nice. But only if it meant it wasn't just a club where certain "friends with management" gentlemen (or like with DW, single gentleman) were accepted... it'd have to be open. Of course, to discourage people from turning up there on full time basis from the "real classes", you shouldn't really grant them prizes or class wins or anything. Just let them run and that's it

Last edited by Deleted; 10 Jan 2016 at 16:09.
Old 11 Jan 2016, 19:19 (Ref:3603793)   #2934
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
It's never been legal in the first place, and it's probably gonna be eligible here for as long as Uncle Don is alive, so I'm not sure what your point was.
His point was, why spend money in the short-term when you have no reason to?
Old 11 Jan 2016, 20:54 (Ref:3603811)   #2935
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
His point was, why spend money in the short-term when you have no reason to?
That was my point too...
Old 23 Jan 2016, 14:28 (Ref:3607316)   #2936
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
In a interview with the downforce podcast Panoz said that they did build a new version of the Panoz GTR1. I guess its a street car for now. First I've heard of it. But just found this article too. Great stuff. Rather see that race than the stupid Delta Wing.

http://downforce-radio.co.uk/downforce-meets-don-panoz/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/samabuel.../#131c32d81925
Old 23 Jan 2016, 22:53 (Ref:3607487)   #2937
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
In a interview with the downforce podcast Panoz said that they did build a new version of the Panoz GTR1.
Thanks for the earlier link to the Jay Leno's Garage segment with Don. I shared the link with some Atlantans and they were amazed that they had never heard about Panoz, the Petit Le Mans, and Road Atlanta.

I've been attempting to tell them for many years but it seemed to either go over their heads or they went deaf when I mentioned racing even though it was endurance prototype racing.

Once amazed, I introduced the fact that Panoz had raced ( one of/the first ) hybrid race car at Le Mans.

I can see a lot of Sparky in the new livery and shape of the new 25th anniversary GTR1 being introduced.

Here's a photo of 'Sparky', the Q9 Panoz Hybrid, I shot during scrutineering for the first Petit Le Mans...

Old 24 Jan 2016, 05:48 (Ref:3607523)   #2938
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Cyber for reminding me about the Leno Garage segment with Don Panoz, I'm not a massive fan of Lenos comedy, he's funny but Letterman was much funnier in my humble opinion. Anyway I digress, comedy aside I really enjoy Lenos Garage, he seems to have a massive passion for cars and his YouTube channel is quite interesting. I'll have to check that out.
Old 25 May 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3644345)   #2939
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Don talked to Autoweek about the future of the DW road car. He is shooting for a Petit debut:

http://autoweek.com/article/imsa/don...n=awdailydrive
Old 4 Nov 2016, 23:23 (Ref:3685407)   #2940
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Delta Wing is having a clearance sale if anybody needs Christmas gift ideas

http://www.deltawingracing.com/delta...=9&sort=normal
Old 26 Dec 2016, 02:23 (Ref:3698459)   #2941
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I always thought it would be great if all the incarnations of the D-Wing raced each other.
Old 26 Dec 2016, 02:39 (Ref:3698460)   #2942
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I always thought it would be great if all the incarnations of the D-Wing raced each other.
I'd have been more pleased if any of the DWings had ever raced with the other cars on the track.

(Yes, I know that finished fifth at Petit one year ... and other than that they finished ... a few times.)
Old 26 Dec 2016, 03:23 (Ref:3698463)   #2943
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having read the article I have to say it is amazing Dr. Panoz can be as positive as he is. Fifty-five minutes on a charge and recharge in a minute and ten?

Hitting the same speed with half the power and half the weight and drag isn't That big a deal. What he claiming the delta-GT will do surpasses Formula E by a long way.
Old 26 Dec 2016, 10:20 (Ref:3698506)   #2944
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Someone sold Don some of those magic beans again.
Old 18 Mar 2017, 07:47 (Ref:3719544)   #2945
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wanna buy a DeltaWing?? Here
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Mar 2017, 10:59 (Ref:3719570)   #2946
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I do want to buy one, but not the coupe.

This is a double piece of history though becaue this model was based on the AMR-One tub!
Old 18 Mar 2017, 22:48 (Ref:3719834)   #2947
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I do want to buy one, but not the coupe.

This is a double piece of history though becaue this model was based on the AMR-One tub!
If that one was on offer, my bid would be two lemons. Slightly overpriced at that though.
Old 19 Mar 2017, 19:57 (Ref:3720054)   #2948
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
What's the vehicle tax from 1st April.......?
Old 19 Mar 2017, 23:51 (Ref:3720081)   #2949
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'm flattered