Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 8 Sep 2019, 20:10 (Ref:3926735)   #326
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The Juke is cool.
With no associated smiley, this must be the single most difficult post to agree with ever made in the history of 10/10ths!
Old 9 Sep 2019, 11:49 (Ref:3926873)   #327
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
One man’s yuk is another man’s Cool....?

If we all had exactly the same tastes, it would be a very boring world......!
Old 10 Sep 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3927185)   #328
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So where’s the new LR Defender, then? It’s all over t’internet......

Here’s a taster.... https://www.landrover.co.uk/vehicles...SAAEgKitPD_BwE
Old 10 Sep 2019, 17:18 (Ref:3927199)   #329
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
So where’s the new LR Defender, then?
It's not an SUV, so doesn't have a place in this thread.

This is for passenger cars with off-road features, not your road-legal off-road vehicles.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3927212)   #330
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

This is for passenger cars with off-road features, not your road-legal off-road vehicles.
So we need another thread for genuine off roaders....
Old 10 Sep 2019, 18:45 (Ref:3927216)   #331
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

But it is an SUV...

Sodding
Ugly
Vehicle
Old 10 Sep 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3927217)   #332
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It is and I like that new definition for SUV
Old 10 Sep 2019, 19:09 (Ref:3927220)   #333
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
But it is an SUV...

Sodding
Ugly
Vehicle
Which by definition means they’ll sell by the shed load!
Old 10 Sep 2019, 19:20 (Ref:3927223)   #334
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gulp. I dont find it that ugly.... but then I still like the series 1 /early Land Rovers I grew up with.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 19:32 (Ref:3927226)   #335
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Gulp. I dont find it that ugly.... but then I still like the series 1 /early Land Rovers I grew up with.
Like a lot of swb / lwb vehicles, the proportions of the longer 5dr look better IMO. And you’re not alone, looks fit for purpose to me! Mind you, the Jeep Gladiator truck beats anything for FFP looks- again IMO....
Old 11 Sep 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3927336)   #336
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
The vehicle that started me off on it? BMW X6.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 12:22 (Ref:3927366)   #337
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
You’ve got too much time on your hands, and I’ve just wasted too much time reading back through sniff not-ads......
Old 11 Sep 2019, 12:42 (Ref:3927379)   #338
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
You’ve got too much time on your hands, and I’ve just wasted too much time reading back through sniff not-ads......
Ended up their myself for while.

Old 12 Sep 2019, 00:53 (Ref:3927506)   #339
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We’ve all done it, don’t worry
Old 2 Nov 2019, 13:12 (Ref:3938118)   #340
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ford to debut the new Bronco in Spring of 2020:

Photo credits and info here:
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...-release-date/

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/f...etails-rumors/

Base motor is Turbo 2.3L 4 cyl with a 6 cyl hybrid offered. I really like parts of the 4 door, but that's not really a Bronco, is it? And the blocky little 2 door reminds me a little of the first gen Bronco. I'd like to see one in person before really deciding, but I think it's gonna be neat! So neat, I'm posting stuff here!

Old 3 Nov 2019, 00:43 (Ref:3938207)   #341
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The 2 door is very retro, especially with the White"box"

The 4 door I'd have to see proper images and not arty-farty ones
Old 4 Nov 2019, 12:29 (Ref:3938508)   #342
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
VW ID 4

'The ID 4 aims to combine the dynamic lines of a modern-day sports car with the all-terrain capability of a dedicated off-roader. It's said to offer interior space on a par with the Tiguan Allspace, a new long-wheelbase version of VW’s best-selling SUV model.'

Old 4 Nov 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3938509)   #343
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Ford to debut the new Bronco in Spring of 2020:

Photo credits and info here:
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...-release-date/

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/f...etails-rumors/

Base motor is Turbo 2.3L 4 cyl with a 6 cyl hybrid offered. I really like parts of the 4 door, but that's not really a Bronco, is it? And the blocky little 2 door reminds me a little of the first gen Bronco. I'd like to see one in person before really deciding, but I think it's gonna be neat! So neat, I'm posting stuff here!

Sadly just like the "Blazer" it's a drag an old name out and completely screw it up. The 2 door looks like the sad old Bronco II, mine was garbage and dear god the engine was JUNK. The 4 door scares me because I've only seen the arty pictures, makes me wonder what they're going to do to make it look "modern"
Old 4 Nov 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3938518)   #344
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Sadly just like the "Blazer" it's a drag an old name out and completely screw it up. The 2 door looks like the sad old Bronco II, mine was garbage and dear god the engine was JUNK. The 4 door scares me because I've only seen the arty pictures, makes me wonder what they're going to do to make it look "modern"
You're such a hater.

I'm just looking forward to the first 289, 351 or LS engine swap.
Old 4 Nov 2019, 20:05 (Ref:3938614)   #345
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
You're such a hater.

I'm just looking forward to the first 289, 351 or LS engine swap.
The appear to be getting more and more rare, or at least more hidden. Probably more like I'm old and don't read every 4Wheel and Off-Road mag anymore, or even see them online, so I don't get all the SEMA insanity anymore. And the few I see seem to be more big ass wheels and tires with odd body work over the insane giant engine toys of old that actually functioned.

And while I'm at it, you kids get off my lawn.
Old 5 Nov 2019, 14:37 (Ref:3938722)   #346
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The appear to be getting more and more rare, or at least more hidden. Probably more like I'm old and don't read every 4Wheel and Off-Road mag anymore, or even see them online, so I don't get all the SEMA insanity anymore. And the few I see seem to be more big ass wheels and tires with odd body work over the insane giant engine toys of old that actually functioned.

And while I'm at it, you kids get off my lawn.
I mean I get its not the same thing but this is really cool to me, even if it has the 6 cylinder motor....
Old 15 Nov 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3940733)   #347
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Ford Mustang Mach-E

'The new car is the first Ford designed as an electric car from the ground up, with a bespoke new platform enabling both rear and four-wheel drive. It will crown the brand’s wide-reaching electrification plan under which European customers will be offered a hybrid, plug-in hybrid or fully electric version of every new model launched. '

Old 15 Nov 2019, 13:45 (Ref:3940745)   #348
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Looks awesome! But why on earth call it a Mustang?
Old 15 Nov 2019, 13:56 (Ref:3940748)   #349
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Looks awesome! But why on earth call it a Mustang?
'Ford is understood to have had huge internal debates over using the Mustang name in production. The new model was given the 'Mach 1' tag during early development because of strong public opinion against the use of the branding historically reserved for Mustangs, but Ford has now decided to combine both.'
Old 15 Nov 2019, 15:36 (Ref:3940771)   #350
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
'Ford is understood to have had huge internal debates over using the Mustang name in production. The new model was given the 'Mach 1' tag during early development because of strong public opinion against the use of the branding historically reserved for Mustangs, but Ford has now decided to combine both.'
I'll just add in the missing end to the last sentence:

"and **** all over its heritage in the process."

The next Ford SUV will presumably be the GT40