Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the 2014 British Grand Prix?
Nico Rosberg 2 2.00%
Sebastian Vettel 1 1.00%
Jenson Button 5 5.00%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Lewis Hamilton 3 3.00%
Sergio Perez 0 0%
Daniel Ricciardo 10 10.00%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Jean-Eric Vergne 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Jules Bianchi 0 0%
Max Chilton 1 1.00%
Esteban Gutierrez 0 0%
Pastor Maldonado 0 0%
Adrian Sutil 0 0%
Valterri Bottas 62 62.00%
Felipe Massa 2 2.00%
Fernando Alonso 12 12.00%
Kimi Raikkonen 2 2.00%
Marcus Ericsson 0 0%
Kamui Kobayashi 0 0%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Jul 2014, 23:45 (Ref:3432325)   #51
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bottas for me, with Button a close second
Old 10 Jul 2014, 16:04 (Ref:3432523)   #52
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Someone who starts from pole win's by default. Someone who starts in 6th, not so much.
Someone who drives a 2014 Mercedes wins or finishes 2nd by default no matter what the grid position was. Very different from the RBR which needed to be qualified on pole to be dominant. ROS and HAM have only one real opponent, respectively. And Bottas was my dotr, who else?
Old 10 Jul 2014, 18:28 (Ref:3432557)   #53
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
But the way Bottas cut through with little resistance surely illustrated that the Willy was second only to the Merc on dominant pace. Great as it was to see because he is really coming on now he can't be driver of the race in equipment that good?

It has to be Alonso who utterly outperformed his car and pulled some outstanding moves. That is incredibly difficult to do in the current era.

(I wonder if he remembered JPM doing to him what he did to Vettel around the outside of Copse?)
Old 11 Jul 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3432727)   #54
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
............. Very different from the RBR which needed to be qualified on pole to be dominant. ROS and HAM have only one real opponent, ..........
If you don't put a dominant car on the front row, you don't really deserve to win. If you do win, it's probably because of engineers and strategy calls.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3432728)   #55
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
But the way Bottas cut through with little resistance surely illustrated that the Willy was second only to the Merc on dominant pace. Great as it was to see because he is really coming on now he can't be driver of the race in equipment that good?

It has to be Alonso who utterly outperformed his car and pulled some outstanding moves. That is incredibly difficult to do in the current era.

(I wonder if he remembered JPM doing to him what he did to Vettel around the outside of Copse?)

Agreed, was my pick too.
He's been the best driver for a number of years now, regardless of whoever it was who led the points table each year.
Old 12 Jul 2014, 19:30 (Ref:3433228)   #56
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
If you don't put a dominant car on the front row, you don't really deserve to win. If you do win, it's probably because of engineers and strategy calls.
So Hamilton didn't deserve to win? It doesn't take much of a strategy to breeze through traffic in that car. Good for them, they are the strongest team at the moment and why would using that advantage make a victory undeserved?
Old 12 Jul 2014, 19:41 (Ref:3433231)   #57
MarkG
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
So Hamilton didn't deserve to win? It doesn't take much of a strategy to breeze through traffic in that car. Good for them, they are the strongest team at the moment and why would using that advantage make a victory undeserved?
Lewis and the team deserved the win, I didn't say otherwise really. Just as if Rosberg had won. My comment was related to the RBR comment. I find it difficult to be impartial and sensible when it involves RBR, particularly Vettel, I have to be honest. :-)
Old 13 Jul 2014, 16:26 (Ref:3433470)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Okay, I voted Kimi as the (probable if he didn't crash) driver of the race. First off, he blew Alonso out of the tarmac at the start. Kimi said he was comfortable with the car and I am sure he would have blew through the rest of the field with Alonso on the chase (that would have been unsuccessful). Anyway, if it weren't for that uneven ground causing the rear to bounce in the air......Bernie should have the track landscapers fired.
I think I ought to ask one of the supermods if I can change my vote - you make such a compelling case..........

Old 13 Jul 2014, 16:38 (Ref:3433476)   #59
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone on pole doesn't win by default - Mr Das Hulk @ Interlagos 2010 was never going to win that race.

Someone who qualifies 6th can win by default if their only real opponents had difficulties - Rosberg retired, and the Williams started from too far back to be a threat, especially with the red flag benefitting certain drivers strategies (including Alonso and the RBRs)