Racing Point 0 0%
Toro Rosso 0 0%
Williams 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 Mar 2019, 14:56 (Ref:3894443)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the Grand Prix: Bahrain Grand Prix 2019

Who do you vote for?
Old 31 Mar 2019, 16:55 (Ref:3894472)   #2
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes
Old 31 Mar 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3894476)   #3
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes for being reliable enough to score a 1-2 when things go wrong for other teams.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3894478)   #4
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Merc

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 31 Mar 2019, 17:17 (Ref:3894489)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Mercedes in the end but it should have been the red cars
Old 31 Mar 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3894501)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mercedes, without a doubt.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3894507)   #7
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm finding it hard to choose. Mercedes I guess, but they weren't really that good. Bottas was nowhere, and they were not on top of the tyre situation. But then you look down the grid and there's no team that really stands out.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3894510)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mercedes.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 20:35 (Ref:3894540)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Renault.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 22:23 (Ref:3894557)   #10
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Renault.
You jest, .
Old 1 Apr 2019, 05:11 (Ref:3894589)   #11
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
You jest, .
It takes a special talent to get two cars to break down within 100mt of each other
Old 1 Apr 2019, 06:58 (Ref:3894603)   #12
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams. Why not.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 07:57 (Ref:3894612)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'm finding it hard to choose. Mercedes I guess, but they weren't really that good. Bottas was nowhere, and they were not on top of the tyre situation. But then you look down the grid and there's no team that really stands out.
I too struggled with this and nearly didn't vote. But in the end I gave it to Ferrari. Vettel's woes were down to driver not team (we have a separate pool for that) and I have to forgive them Leclerc's engine problem in order to vote for them. But they were the stand-out fastest cars.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 09:47 (Ref:3894636)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Gave it to Mercedes - mainly because everyone else had at least one failure or underperformer.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 10:23 (Ref:3894642)   #15
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
Ferrari after their performance in Melbourne turned things around. Can't vote for Mercedes, they simply got lucky and Bottas severely underperformed.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 11:01 (Ref:3894647)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
Ferrari after their performance in Melbourne turned things around. Can't vote for Mercedes, they simply got lucky and Bottas severely underperformed.
Interesting take. Whilst Ferrari certainly found the pace they were missing in Melbourne they had a failure on one car (lucky to finish after losing a cylinder) and the other car took itself of contention with a spin then front wing falling off as a result. Mercedes did get lucky - but they had both cars still capable of getting lucky. Ferrari had the fastest car and blew it.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3894652)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
Apparently Bottas got a plastic bag stuck in his front wing, which was costing him performance.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 14:13 (Ref:3894671)   #18
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Interesting take. Whilst Ferrari certainly found the pace they were missing in Melbourne they had a failure on one car (lucky to finish after losing a cylinder) and the other car took itself of contention with a spin then front wing falling off as a result. Mercedes did get lucky - but they had both cars still capable of getting lucky. Ferrari had the fastest car and blew it.
There are indeed multiple takes on this, but in my view the car failed Ferrari as a team and not the other way around. Although to be fair, I think they should have waited with pitting Vettel and given up track position to Hamilton, just like the first stint.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 15:05 (Ref:3894676)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Im not sure where or how exactly SV damaged his front wing, but if it was from the kerbs maybe Ferrari made set up choices that ultimately caused different issues/vibrations which led to the engine failure in their other car.

Pure speculation on my part but along the lines of the difficulty in seperating the car from the team.... In other words, i guess im not really making much of a point at all.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 15:14 (Ref:3894677)   #20
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Im not sure where or how exactly SV damaged his front wing, but if it was from the kerbs maybe Ferrari made set up choices that ultimately caused different issues/vibrations which led to the engine failure in their other car.

Pure speculation on my part but along the lines of the difficulty in seperating the car from the team.... In other words, i guess im not really making much of a point at all.
The consensus seems to be that the wing failed due to vibrations, caused by flat spots following the spin.

So it could be argued Vettel broke his wing by causing his car to vibrate too much?

'Worse, though, was that the spin appeared to cause vibrations on Vettel’s medium tyres which then led to a dramatic moment when his front wing submarined under his car down Bahrain’s back straight, forcing him to pit for a new nose.'

Vettel: 'I obviously had the spin [...] Due to that I had a lot of vibrations so when I was going down the straight I had lots of vibrations and that caused the front wing to break.'
Old 1 Apr 2019, 16:09 (Ref:3894686)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why isn't there a vote for the Channel 4 or Sky F1 teams? *asking for a friend*
Old 1 Apr 2019, 16:24 (Ref:3894691)   #22
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The consensus seems to be that the wing failed due to vibrations, caused by flat spots following the spin.

So it could be argued Vettel broke his wing by causing his car to vibrate too much?

'Worse, though, was that the spin appeared to cause vibrations on Vettel’s medium tyres which then led to a dramatic moment when his front wing submarined under his car down Bahrain’s back straight, forcing him to pit for a new nose.'

Vettel: 'I obviously had the spin [...] Due to that I had a lot of vibrations so when I was going down the straight I had lots of vibrations and that caused the front wing to break.'
I can't remember ever seeing anyone lose their front wing because of too much vibration. If that's the case, Ferrari will need to look at how the front wing is attached to the car.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 16:31 (Ref:3894696)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Raikkonen in 2005(?)
Old 1 Apr 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3894703)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Raikkonen in 2005(?)
I'd stopped watching F1, by 2005, as I got bored with Schumacher and Ferrari's dominance. That's 14 years since the last time.
Old 1 Apr 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3894712)   #25
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was Kimi 2005 when his from tire was so badly flat spotted that the front suspension let go shortly before the end of the race? If that's the case, the car was under severe vibration for a while before things fell apart.

Vettel's front wing came off in short order after the spin which would lead to tell me how super fragile these front wings are this year. Ricci's wing peeled off pretty easy too hitting that grass side walk at the start in Oz.

We have all seen where cars have even taken some bad bumps and some air and the wings have stayed intact.

Just seems bizarre how quickly Vettel's wing came off. Maybe there is more to the story, who knows.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk