Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 Dec 2019, 19:50 (Ref:3947780)   #201
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
All I can say is that Eddie must be a loony.
Not too sure what date it was that he said it, but it was the other day and not last April 1st Perhaps Valentino Rossi is taking Hammy's drive
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Dec 2019, 11:21 (Ref:3947870)   #202
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I had to check it wasn't April the 1st when Rosberg announced his sudden retirement. Same when Fred decided to miss Monaco to do the Indy 500
Old 21 Dec 2019, 15:24 (Ref:3947890)   #203
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Not too sure what date it was that he said it, but it was the other day and not last April 1st Perhaps Valentino Rossi is taking Hammy's drive
Wrong rossi. Alex would be a solid choice
Old 21 Dec 2019, 15:37 (Ref:3947892)   #204
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah not that Rossi. I would like to see Alex Rossi back in F1
Old 22 Dec 2019, 05:49 (Ref:3947985)   #205
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Although I appreciate F1 is hardly the same discipline, we know from his rallying and sports car racing that Valentino is no slouch.......

https://www.autosport.com/gt/news/14...ours-class-win
Old 23 Dec 2019, 12:39 (Ref:3948202)   #206
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leclerc signed till 2024 End of Hamilton at Ferrari?
Old 23 Dec 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3948209)   #207
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Leclerc signed till 2024 End of Hamilton at Ferrari?
Vettel's contract AFAIK expires end 2020..... he might not like the idea as being renewed as #2. If Ferrari want to renew.
Old 23 Dec 2019, 13:56 (Ref:3948211)   #208
S griffin
Veteran

Yes, I think Leclerc’s contract extension is bad news to Seb not Lewis.
Old 23 Dec 2019, 15:52 (Ref:3948234)   #209
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Or both.....
Old 23 Dec 2019, 17:44 (Ref:3948248)   #210
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Or both.....
It is Ferrari, they don't often make the smartest of long term choices. That was Ross Brawn and Jean Todt.

Weirdly they left Ferrari and now have seemed to catch Ferrari decision making syndrome, maybe it's in the water.
Old 23 Dec 2019, 21:13 (Ref:3948298)   #211
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It is Ferrari, they don't often make the smartest of long term choices. That was Ross Brawn and Jean Todt.

Weirdly they left Ferrari and now have seemed to catch Ferrari decision making syndrome, maybe it's in the water.
Are you saying the long-term contract for Leclerc is a stupid long-term decision? Or do I misunderstand?
Old 24 Dec 2019, 02:23 (Ref:3948324)   #212
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Are you saying the long-term contract for Leclerc is a stupid long-term decision? Or do I misunderstand?
As the comment included the previous comments about who signing him long term would impact I would reference the quoted comments. Please try to read the entire post instead of just the reply, context is CRUCIAL and would help a lot.
Old 24 Dec 2019, 20:34 (Ref:3948466)   #213
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Lewis Hamilton going to Ferrari would be as likely as Boris Johnson going to the Labour Party.
Someones been having a few Egg Nog's too many this Christmas..
Old 24 Dec 2019, 22:51 (Ref:3948478)   #214
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Lewis Hamilton going to Ferrari would be as likely as Boris Johnson going to the Labour Party.
Someones been having a few Egg Nog's too many this Christmas..
I agree... Silly stories being drumbed up wishful thinkers.
The Leclerc deal is a clear statement to other teams and drivers. He is their primary driver going forward.
Old 25 Dec 2019, 12:52 (Ref:3948528)   #215
S griffin
Veteran

Stranger things have happened. I would say the chances of Hamilton at Ferrari are 50/50 at best
Old 25 Dec 2019, 14:33 (Ref:3948535)   #216
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Stranger things have happened. I would say the chances of Hamilton at Ferrari are 50/50 at best
As in you'd prefer there was a higher chance of Hamilton going to Ferrari?
Old 25 Dec 2019, 15:58 (Ref:3948538)   #217
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In all likelihood Toto and LH are just leveraging talks with other teams to get a better deal from Merc (use Ferrari to help set your fair market price), but with a new CEO at Daimler and Lauda gone i could see both Toto and LH moving on.
Old 25 Dec 2019, 16:21 (Ref:3948541)   #218
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
As in you'd prefer there was a higher chance of Hamilton going to Ferrari?

Stop putting words in my mouth
Old 25 Dec 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3948545)   #219
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Stop putting words in my mouth
Not trying to do anything of the sort.

You said chances were 'at best'. This suggests that, in reality, you feel the odds are not as favourable. I was merely querying whether your preference was for better odds of Hamilton to Ferrari, or worse.

What words did I put in your mouth?
Old 25 Dec 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3948547)   #220
S griffin
Veteran

If it’s 50/50 neither are more favourable. And I did not say Hamilton was more preferable which you tried to claim
Old 25 Dec 2019, 19:37 (Ref:3948553)   #221
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
If it’s 50/50 neither are more favourable. And I did not say Hamilton was more preferable which you tried to claim
I think it best to look back at what was written.

There was a ? at the end of my post. It was a question, asking whether that was your preference.

I'll try and rephrase the question, in the hope that this can return to being a discussion rather than an accusation of something that never happened.

If the chance of Hamilton moving to Ferrari is 50:50 at best, what is it at worst?
Would you prefer Hamilton to go to Ferrari, or not?

My own preference would be for him to not join Ferrari, so I would prefer the chance to be (a lot) less than 50%.
Old 25 Dec 2019, 20:26 (Ref:3948554)   #222
S griffin
Veteran

Seen as we talking about Hamilton going to Ferrari, I’d say atm it was 50/50 at best. I would neither bet for it or against it
Old 25 Dec 2019, 20:27 (Ref:3948555)   #223
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Why would he want to go to Ferrari and be No 2 to Leclerc?.
Old 26 Dec 2019, 10:03 (Ref:3948589)   #224
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Why would he want to go to Ferrari and be No 2 to Leclerc?.
Exactly that. I believe it is more likely thathe will do 2020 and 21 seasons with Merc and then retire.
Old 26 Dec 2019, 10:25 (Ref:3948593)   #225
S griffin
Veteran

Why would he be no.2 to Leclerc? Unless of course his driving skills start to go down, I can't see that happening