Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 Jul 2019, 14:00 (Ref:3916522)   #76
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Wow, didn't catch the coverage a I had more kitchen work to do but they buried that Caddy in the wall.
No clue how they got the driver out, but glad to hear he is ok.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 14:02 (Ref:3916523)   #77
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I think this is the latest: https://competitors.imsa.com/sites/d...les_061919.pdf

It's tough to compare the only NA engine in the class. Don't forget they started with a 6.2L and had their gearing restricted at one point. They appear to be down on the straights, I say they open em up a little.
Thanks. The Caddy is super heavy, I say pull some weight off of them and see what happens.
Old 8 Jul 2019, 21:27 (Ref:3916587)   #78
Jolliffe
Rookie

Canada
Toronto
Jolliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighParker View Post
In spite of announcers describing a huge crowd, it seemed a little sparse to me compared to recent years, with lots of room on the hill along the front straight.

The weather was perfect, so that can't be an excuse.
I was there on the Sunday of the World Challenge weekend back in May, and there was a bigger crowd there during the Canadian Nascar series race.
Might have been lighter on the front straight, but I have never seen it so packed at 2, 3 and 5 for IMSA. You could hardly find space for a chair at Moss. It took us 45 minutes to get out of Mosport yesterday. I camped both weekends and the IMSA crowd was much bigger than the Nascar weekend in May. We lined up on Thursday morning for spots at 8 am and there was a huge line with probably 400- 500 waiting to get in. Biggest crowd I have seen in a while. They even opened the Gate on the outside of 4 to let people out yesterday. However, Paddock looked a bit empty on race day without the transporters for Pilot and the LMP3s.
Pit walk line was so long, we turned around.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 15:37 (Ref:3917024)   #79
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolliffe View Post
Might have been lighter on the front straight, but I have never seen it so packed at 2, 3 and 5 for IMSA...
Because of the hospitality areas that are along the top of the hill, I think a lot of people may incorrectly assume the entire area along the front straight is off-limits to everyone without some kind of corporate pass.
Quote:
It took us 45 minutes to get out of Mosport yesterday...
a huge line with probably 400- 500 waiting to get in...
The long lines of vehicles and waits to get in and out are not something they should be bragging about. Mosport needs to work with a bus company to do something like this, at the Sonoma Nascar race, just to point it out as an example:
Quote:
Seventeen locations throughout Northern California are offering shuttle buses to the racetrack, but several of them already are sold out.
I don't know why they don't already do this. It shouldn't be very difficult. Pretty much every big event (golf tournaments, air shows, music festivals, even NFL teams) that happens in a rural location does it. The track and the bus company (like RallyBus, Bus.com, etc.) mention each other in their advertising and on their websites. The bus company charges for the trip, while the track sells more tickets to the race to bus loads of people who otherwise probably wouldn't attend, particularly younger people and urbanites who maybe don't own cars, or one car families where one parent could then leave their car at home for the other one. The buses would load and unload at a different entrance (maybe the Turn 4 one you mentioned) and at least partly avoid the lines and waits.

Last edited by HighParker; 11 Jul 2019 at 15:58.
Old 18 Jul 2019, 19:42 (Ref:3918388)   #80
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
...but I have never seen it so packed at 2, 3 and 5 for IMSA...
Are you sure about that? In the replay of the race on YouTube, it looked like the small orange metal grandstand at Turn 3 wasn't even full, and then from aerial views, not only did the front straight where I was sitting look mostly empty, but so did the Turn 5 area. There was a line of people right against the fence, and another about half way up where there is that small level area, but only a few more people scattered around the rest of it.
https://youtu.be/RJE_cRBLPh8?t=2046