Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Nov 2018, 09:45 (Ref:3864685)   #1401
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So one minute the Subaru is ruining the championship because of some over exaggerated advantage, now its Sutton needs to be in a better car.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 09:46 (Ref:3864686)   #1402
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
This is a good announcement, I like seeing Clio drivers move up, that’s how it should be.

Kind of surprised it’s not Max Coates considering his history with Cicely/Mac Tools but still, Dan is one of the decent drivers in the championship and the Mercs aren’t exactly back markers so hopefully it’ll translate to some decent results.
Max has always had an uphill struggle for budget. Would love to see him in BTCC, good driver and a nice lad.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 09:56 (Ref:3864690)   #1403
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
do we know for sure Dan will return with them ? Neal at Dynamics is like the sky being blue thing, the only question is if he continue to drive or retires
Since the end of the season - Team Dynamics have made a few posts referring to Dan's car, and nothing about Matt's.

Matt has also pedalled for others in the past, so it is no certainty that he will drive for TD. The team has given more indications that Dan will be there in 2019 than Matt so far......
Old 21 Nov 2018, 10:03 (Ref:3864692)   #1404
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Dynamics on the other hand have a lot more drivers to chose from and we didn't have any real snippet that Dan will continue with them
Why would Matt Neal still (last week) be referring to one of the Hondas as Dan's car, if he wasn't remaining with the team?
Old 21 Nov 2018, 10:09 (Ref:3864694)   #1405
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Dynamics on the other hand have a lot more drivers to chose from and we didn't have any real snippet that Dan will continue with them
Except for a significant number of post-season releases that have included Dan in their publicity?

From the Honda Engine Room website:

'Matt and Dan recently sat down together to take look back over their 2018 season, and to look forward to doing it all again next year.'

'And it was BTCC rookie Dan Cammish who took his first two race victories to finish off the 2018 season in incredible style, and lay the foundations for what has the potential to be a season to remember in 2019.'

And in this video, from 19:35, Dan says to Matt - 'How are we going to change that around for 2019.'

There are more indications that Cammish will be in at TD next year than any of the other non-bold drivers on your list.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 10:17 (Ref:3864697)   #1406
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
Will be a shame if he has replaced Oliphant he was really getting to grips with BTCC towards the end of the season.
Agreed. Really hope he can find a seat elsewhere.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 10:20 (Ref:3864698)   #1407
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think given the comments on Twitter from both Morgan and Rowbottom, we can count the former as confirmed.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 10:52 (Ref:3864705)   #1408
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone tried actually asking the drivers on twitter?
Old 21 Nov 2018, 12:13 (Ref:3864715)   #1409
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I think given the comments on Twitter from both Morgan and Rowbottom, we can count the former as confirmed.
From the Ciceley press release:

Rowbottom - 'it will be great to be able to learn from Adam Morgan'

Burgess - 'Adam and I get on very well with RowBo personally and have always wanted him in the Ciceley Motorsport set up, he and his family fit our team dynamic perfectly'

Morgan will be at Ciceley Motorsport, and only if he is planning on coaching will he not be in the car.

They have also hinted that Oliphant will be back - so perhaps a 3-car Ciceley team?
Old 21 Nov 2018, 12:15 (Ref:3864716)   #1410
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
They have also hinted that Oliphant will be back - so perhaps a 3-car Ciceley team?
In which case the Laser Tools entry would more than likely move elsewhere...
Old 21 Nov 2018, 12:16 (Ref:3864717)   #1411
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moffat to the AMD Civic? or the 3rd Ford?
Old 21 Nov 2018, 12:38 (Ref:3864726)   #1412
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Given the promo video that has been put out - I get the impression that the Moffats' plan is for a separate Laser Tools Racing Team in 2019, but the car/engineering side is still not confirmed.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3864733)   #1413
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopAlong View Post
So one minute the Subaru is ruining the championship because of some over exaggerated advantage, now its Sutton needs to be in a better car.
better team, not a better car
The car is not a bad car,and at least matches others on the grid, tho there is a perceived advantage at certain tracks. I would like to see Sutton get on and race and any publicity be about his success rather than the teams off track issues and team mate drama
Old 21 Nov 2018, 13:52 (Ref:3864744)   #1414
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Does Aiden have any RWD experience?
Old 21 Nov 2018, 14:08 (Ref:3864747)   #1415
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Does Aiden have any RWD experience?
He did test the BMR subarus a couple of winters back
Old 21 Nov 2018, 14:19 (Ref:3864749)   #1416
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Not a huge amount then. Was wondering if maybe they’d bag the TPR BMW as I can’t see it being back with Jelley but if he’s got no experience it’s probably too big a risk.

Unless Ciceley have plans for 4 cars of course?
Old 21 Nov 2018, 14:26 (Ref:3864750)   #1417
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
What makes you think there is a Ford seat up for grabs? Motorbase may well have the same line up again.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3864752)   #1418
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Not a huge amount then. Was wondering if maybe they’d bag the TPR BMW as I can’t see it being back with Jelley but if he’s got no experience it’s probably too big a risk.

Jelley owns the car and engines and all their BTCC equipment
TPR entered BTCC just to run Jelley so of course Jelley will be back in that car
Old 21 Nov 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3864753)   #1419
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
These announcements are like London buses. You wait a while for one to turn, then three turn up in succession. Rob Smith in the MG, hope he goes well. And nice to ee Rowbottom get a drive in a top team, although I hope Oliphant finds a drive elsewhere as he did well in his debut season
Old 21 Nov 2018, 15:23 (Ref:3864759)   #1420
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
although I hope Oliphant finds a drive elsewhere as he did well in his debut season
Why can't Oliphant stay where he is? Cicelely have proven that they have the capacity for three cars, and are hinting that they might run all three for themselves in 2019, rather than one for Laser Tools Racing.

It's looking like Moffat will be the one elsewhere.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 15:24 (Ref:3864760)   #1421
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Or to run the three Mercs for themselves, and not for someone else?
Old 21 Nov 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3864762)   #1422
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Or to run the three Mercs for themselves, and not for someone else?
cicely dont have three cars and TBLs. they have two.
moffat owns his own car and TBL
Old 21 Nov 2018, 15:42 (Ref:3864771)   #1423
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
cicely dont have three cars and TBLs. they have two.
moffat owns his own car and TBL
I get that - but Ciceley could acquire a third A-Class and TBL for themselves.

Their social media platforms have received much more Mercedes support recently (including the 'Ciceley Motorsport X-Class'), and they have also suggested to supporters that they can back Oliphant and Morgan in their cars for 2019.

Old 21 Nov 2018, 16:01 (Ref:3864780)   #1424
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Quote:
Why can't Oliphant stay where he is? Cicelely have proven that they have the capacity for three cars, and are hinting that they might run all three for themselves in 2019, rather than one for Laser Tools Racing.

It's looking like Moffat will be the one elsewhere.
But where would he go?
Old 21 Nov 2018, 16:12 (Ref:3864786)   #1425
t4tinks
Rookie

t4tinks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the 'Aidan Moffat Racing' facebook page, only a few days ago were pictures of what appears to be the merc stripped down. There is also an advert for a data engineer. So I think it looks like the Moffats are running the car themselves next year.