Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

View Poll Results: Would you want to be involved in a Summer Festival at Oulton Park
Yeah! Count me in for some Summer Fun. 16 88.89%
"Computer says NO". This doesn't 'float my boat' 0 0%
Not really bothered either way. 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Oct 2006, 10:50 (Ref:1726201)   #1
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Summer Festival @ Oulton Park

This is a subject that has come up several times over the last couple of years. So, with the NWFF Drivers having an end of season meeting after the last round of the Championship on Saturday (7th October), this is something we could take to the meeting.

Oulton Park. One of the more popular circuits in the country in terms of driving experience. Central in terms of location when you take into account Irish and Scottish drivers. Currently has no form of Festival or Carnival. We do have the Moose Trophy and for the NW drivers this is a special event, but there has been suggestions that this be moved to Anglesey when the new circuit opens in the middle of next year.

So, this would leave an opening for a Festival at Oulton Park. But not at the end of the year, when it's cold and damp and dark. Why don't we have a Summer Festival?

Slap bang in the middle of Summer. Formula Fords from all 4 corners of the UK (and Europe hopefully). With the weather at it's best and the parkland surroundings of Oulton, this could be a major event on the calender. With the co-operation of the circuit and possibly local radio or TV, we could turn this event into a big weekend. Get families down with entry prices per car, rather than the individual. Put a fair on for the kids and all manner of stalls etc for the Mum's, then Dad can watch his racing. Make it a whole summer fair event, with the feature being bagfuls of superb Formula Ford races.

Let's not monopolise it with Kents. Get the Zetec's and Duratec's along. Let's have the Historics and the Classics and let's promote it to the hilt. But let's try and keep it JUST Formula Ford. With the backing of all the classes, there would be no need to interject the program with non FF classes.

It's a win win. The circuit draws public in. The BRSCC (or whichever club organises it) draw drivers in and the drivers get to enter what can become a major event on the Calender.

But we need to act now, before next years Calender begins to take shape. Imagine, June 22nd, 23rd, 24th. Midsummer, a massive Formula Ford Fest, with the sun thrown in. No getting out of the car and running in the truck to keep dry and warm.

So have your say and vote accordingly.

This is something that I am in the process of passing onto the powers that be and I will also alert them to this Thread. So have a say, PLEASE!!!!!!!

We have to give it a go.......
Old 3 Oct 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1726264)   #2
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
One thing I forgot to mention. Formula Ford celebrates 40 years next year. So this could be a really big anniversary celebration / birthday bash too.

In fact, as the first race ever was held on the 2nd July 1967, the weekend of the 1st and 2nd July 2007 is a Saturday and Sunday. So, a final could be held 40 years to the day of the first race.

How cool would that be??????
Old 3 Oct 2006, 11:47 (Ref:1726272)   #3
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I'd love to see it happen.

I suppose one reason that all the existing "festivals" are at the end of the season is so there's no championship committment - but having one in the summer wouldn't be a major obstacle to most, I'm sure.

My only request would be to have it on Fosters - with any luck heats/finals would be needed anyway, and from a spectator angle Fosters is much better.

Would also be a chance for all the clubs to work together to organise a proper 40th Birthday bash - at a comparitively neutral venue. I'd hate to see the efforts being spread around with something at Silverstone, something else at Brands, etc, etc...
Old 3 Oct 2006, 12:51 (Ref:1726343)   #4
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy
One thing I forgot to mention. Formula Ford celebrates 40 years next year. So this could be a really big anniversary celebration / birthday bash too.

In fact, as the first race ever was held on the 2nd July 1967, the weekend of the 1st and 2nd July 2007 is a Saturday and Sunday. So, a final could be held 40 years to the day of the first race.

Fortieth anniversary celebrations for that weekend are being organised already by at least two parties, who hopefully are now talking to one another. So if you want to do it, I would go at least a month either side, or perhaps hold fire until 2008...
Old 3 Oct 2006, 12:54 (Ref:1726345)   #5
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
Would also be a chance for all the clubs to work together to organise a proper 40th Birthday bash - at a comparitively neutral venue. I'd hate to see the efforts being spread around with something at Silverstone, something else at Brands, etc, etc...
As I have said - clubs should now be talking to one another already to bring together a couple of ideas that they had already discussed internally. Incidentally, a third club had plans as well but has, for the time being, decided to scale these back rather than avoid something that clashes.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 13:14 (Ref:1726373)   #6
ff90
Racer

ff90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope the clubs can make it happen and announce it early!!! Just to keep Diz happy don't forget the new Anglesey, Newest track oldest single seater racing, opps sorry Vees, 2nd oldest I mean
Old 3 Oct 2006, 13:38 (Ref:1726401)   #7
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
As I have said - clubs should now be talking to one another already to bring together a couple of ideas that they had already discussed internally. Incidentally, a third club had plans as well but has, for the time being, decided to scale these back rather than avoid something that clashes.
So that's BRSCC BRDC and CC

Hope they do all talk to each other and lauch their plans early...Autosport show on the Ford Stand

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 3 Oct 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1726403)   #8
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Much as I'd like to see it happen don't forget Oulton has a limited number of racing days and the big! meetings take up all the Sundays.

However, there's no F3/GT next year so perhaps they could take that weekend.

Or a bit earlier in the season but what about the Late Spring/Whit weekend where races could be run on Saturday and Monday.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 13:53 (Ref:1726415)   #9
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy

Saturday is 30th June and Sunday is 1st July in 2007.........

Old 3 Oct 2006, 14:11 (Ref:1726435)   #10
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayFF
Saturday is 30th June and Sunday is 1st July in 2007.........
Your quite right.

There you go then. 2nd July. A Bank Holiday for Formula Ford Day.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 14:12 (Ref:1726438)   #11
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayFF
So that's BRSCC BRDC and CC

Hope they do all talk to each other and lauch their plans early...Autosport show on the Ford Stand
Wrong!
Old 5 Oct 2006, 04:30 (Ref:1728355)   #12
HH Tech
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
HH Tech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FF summer festival

There would have to be a resonable amount of running to attract drivers from Europe to make the trip worthwile.

at least
2 sessions free practice on Thursday/Friday
2 timed practices
and one race

Henrik
Old 5 Oct 2006, 11:16 (Ref:1728676)   #13
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Wrong!

Ok Ian can't be right all the time!!

BRDC BRSCC and BARC? Can't imagine it's 750MC and BRDC and BRSCC would be planning something surely!

Old 5 Oct 2006, 11:24 (Ref:1728683)   #14
Ian Sowman
Veteran

You're running out of available clubs John

I will note that the occasion to be celebrated is the fortieth anniversary of an historic event.
Old 5 Oct 2006, 12:27 (Ref:1728725)   #15
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
You're running out of available clubs John

I will note that the occasion to be celebrated is the fortieth anniversary of an historic event.
Giving alot away there....