Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 2 Oct 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1725490)   #2
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah, now the picture I'd seen before (the last one) makes sense. What position were they battling for?
Old 2 Oct 2006, 18:40 (Ref:1725534)   #3
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a case of lapping. Also, the white car (race leader) had just short cut the chicane, whilst the lapped red car was just recovering from his own moment. It all dovetailed into contact between the two. All a bit unforunate. It saved the Stewards from the task of deciding whether 56 had gained an advantage from short cutting the chicane (it wouldn't have been too difficult!).. but a shame for both drivers.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1725546)   #4
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ah, thanks for the info Dan. Was the red car a spinner who was collected or just a little sideways moment? Does sound a shame though.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1725560)   #5
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was going just a little sideways... but in the wrong direction.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 21:57 (Ref:1725693)   #6
badgerbaiter
Racer

badgerbaiter has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ahh, so thats what happened!
i wasnt sure as i was lining up a different photo (hence the slant on the photo) so i didnt see what happened.
but now it makes sense
Old 3 Oct 2006, 09:36 (Ref:1726134)   #7
NotLordPercy
Racer

NotLordPercy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even I understand what happened exactly now..................and my report was almost correct! Thanks, Dan. By the way, the driver slumped by the fence returned later to thank us all for the assistance & to recover his glasses which were on the grass in the corner where he had been sitting.
One of several incidents speedily resolved over the weekend.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 09:51 (Ref:1726154)   #8
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw this very clearly and think it a great pity that the race leader was not penalised savagely for his dangerous behaviour in re-joining the track. Not only was he ignoring the instructions about how to deal with a trip through the chicane but he hit another, entirely blameless competitor causing damage and the potential for injury.

Credit to the driver of the assaulted car that he was willing to shake hands with the other driver. The temptation to give him a flying drop kick must have been difficult to supress.

Regards

Jim
Old 3 Oct 2006, 10:18 (Ref:1726181)   #9
NotLordPercy
Racer

NotLordPercy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed it was good to see that hands were shaken when the dust settled. Initially gloves were thrown as well as steering wheels.......
In hindsight, I don't think the chap had much control on the way he rejoined the track!
Old 3 Oct 2006, 11:29 (Ref:1726255)   #10
badgerbaiter
Racer

badgerbaiter has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the best bit was when he threw the steering wheel and it bungeed back into his face
Old 3 Oct 2006, 11:38 (Ref:1726265)   #11
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
According to the UK Formula Ford web page, the incident occurred as follows:

"Enjoying his best race of the season to date in the Kevin Mills Racing Van Diemen, Roberts snatched the lead from Tandy into the Club chicane on the eighth lap. Alas Steve's tenure in front was to last only until two laps from the end, when he got caught up in another's accident - Neil Tofts spun his Ray at Club and collided with Roberts, who was in the wrong place at precisely the wrong moment."

Not sure what race they were watching!
Old 3 Oct 2006, 11:49 (Ref:1726275)   #12
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was Mark Twain who said
Quote:
A man who does not read a newspaper is uninformed, a man who reads a newspaper is misinformed
Same seems to apply to the FF website.

Regards

Jim
Old 3 Oct 2006, 11:52 (Ref:1726282)   #13
50-SIX
Racer

50-SIX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was trying to hold Tandy off by breaking later, but got it wrong and had to straight line the chicane (something he did in race 1 without conceding the places back). The report on the UK FF site does get it wrong, but I don't write them, and if youy weren't stood at the chicane you wouldn't know. I didn't apportion any blame to Neal, as he didn't to me. We shook hands and thats that.

I've only been working my b****s off to compete in the UK c'ship for the past 2 seasons, trying to get that first win that would mean everything to me and my team, so understandably I was little bit angry. So thinking about, the best bit was the wheel hitting me in the face, not 13 laps prior to the incident where I was busting my balls trying to get that first win.

Last edited by 50-SIX; 3 Oct 2006 at 12:01.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1726313)   #14
RMR
Veteran

England
Surrey
RMR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unlucky Steve

I know that would of meant for you to win.....Always next time eh
Old 3 Oct 2006, 12:37 (Ref:1726327)   #15
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
I put it down to an unfortunate coincidence of mistakes. Both drivers made errors at identical times and it dovetailed into something bigger. In the calm after the event it’s easy to see how it could have been avoided, but it’s always easy after the dust has settled!

However, if I was Neil Tofts I’d be a little upset by the UK Formula Ford write up and I’d be having words with the editor who has obviously assumed how things panned out.

Best of luck to everyone for Castle Combe this weekend.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 12:46 (Ref:1726340)   #16
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just for the record Neil's car is a Mygale.

Bad luck Steve......

ps your FF1600 motor is still going strong in the back of my Ray

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 3 Oct 2006, 16:45 (Ref:1726555)   #17
FFmygale
Racer

England
UK
FFmygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting commentary and I'm glad I wasn't the only one who spotted Nick Carters incorrect write up!

To put the record straight - I'm pretty sure I didn't actually make a mistake! (although I may be proven wrong when I see it on TV) I had seen the cars coming in my mirrors and intentionally made an effort to move over to the lhs of the track on the exit of the chicane to get out of their way and let them pass, only problem was my logic didn't count on Steve missing his braking point and cutting across the chicane. I saw him coming out of the corner of my eye at the last minute but was too late to take enough avoiding action.

As Steve said I don't blame him for what happened and he doesn't blame me. He was good enough to apologise after the race (and considering how frustrated he was I appreciated that even more) and we shook hands. Trust me, I'd be more than happy to have seen him and Kevin take that first win.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 23:08 (Ref:1727030)   #18
Suze
Veteran

England
Bad luck, both, though nice to hear both sides of the story for once!
Old 5 Oct 2006, 10:35 (Ref:1728625)   #19
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFmygale
Interesting commentary and I'm glad I wasn't the only one who spotted Nick Carters incorrect write up!

To put the record straight - I'm pretty sure I didn't actually make a mistake! (although I may be proven wrong when I see it on TV) I had seen the cars coming in my mirrors and intentionally made an effort to move over to the lhs of the track on the exit of the chicane to get out of their way and let them pass, only problem was my logic didn't count on Steve missing his braking point and cutting across the chicane. I saw him coming out of the corner of my eye at the last minute but was too late to take enough avoiding action.

As Steve said I don't blame him for what happened and he doesn't blame me. He was good enough to apologise after the race (and considering how frustrated he was I appreciated that even more) and we shook hands. Trust me, I'd be more than happy to have seen him and Kevin take that first win.

You going to bring that Kent out and come and play at the WHT Neil?

Old 6 Oct 2006, 11:14 (Ref:1729848)   #20
FFmygale
Racer

England
UK
That was the original plan John but the car is far from ready.....should be done for the 2007 WHT though!
Old 6 Oct 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1730196)   #21
FFmygale
Racer

England
UK
However, if I was Neil Tofts I’d be a little upset by the UK Formula Ford write up and I’d be having words with the editor who has obviously assumed how things panned out.

I thought this might be a good idea......having spoken to him I have changed my mind!!..enough said!
Old 7 Oct 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1730706)   #22
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFmygale
That was the original plan John but the car is far from ready.....should be done for the 2007 WHT though!

Thought we might see you in that Reynard or you still converting the Swift?

What you doing in 2007 ?

Old 8 Oct 2006, 18:39 (Ref:1732123)   #23
jlittlejohn
Rookie

jlittlejohn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That last picture is hillarious, whys steve sitting in a bush haha!!!