Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 3 Feb 2011, 00:50 (Ref:2824845)   #126
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow these tracks must be the definition of "organic" Stig you have a talent to create randomness that looks methodical,as ironic as it sounds.

I kind of lilke this last one but I'm not sure if less than 3 miles with that much corners would yield good racing, there seems to be few places to get up to speed(in cars) for bikes this track looks pretty physical. Anyways good work and I sure would ride my R's there
Old 10 Feb 2011, 01:09 (Ref:2828844)   #127
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wonderhill Racing Circuit

Opened: 1998
Direction: Clockwise
Corners: 20 (7 Left, 13 Right)
Distance: 3.61 mi (5.82 km)
Longest Full Throttle Section: .49 mi (.79 km)

Old 10 Feb 2011, 13:01 (Ref:2829050)   #128
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I really like it. The only part that bothers me (as such..) is T7. I can't help but feel this needs to be slightly faster, like maybe a nice right/left kink. There's quite a few medium/hard corners round this section, and it might just help the flow slightly to loosen it up.

I really like the tiny corners that arn't even registered as corners. I also like the look of randomness to it (I don't mean that as a criticism).

As much as I quite like identity on a track (ie. it's shape when you first look at it - one with immense identity and quick characterisations are the Hungaroring's, old Hockenheim's, and Dijon), it's sometimes nice to have something that isn't particularly symmetrical or almost doesn't seem to have much order to it. Again, this isn't a knock, I like it

Selby
Old 10 Feb 2011, 19:13 (Ref:2829251)   #129
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's another quite good one, Stig! Nice shape, useful sectors - just cool!

The only thing I would consider is getting rid of T2-4, thus making T5 a good overtaking spot - in the present layout T17 seems to be the only real overtaking chance - T2 would be better without T1 - but I guess the best would be to leave out T2-4 altogether.

bio
Old 10 Feb 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2829302)   #130
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firstly, I love the presentation. Very neat and crisp and clean - nice logo too!

Secondly, I love the track! I think there are areas for improvement - I personally for example would get rid of T7 and just join up T6 and T8. I'd bring down Turn 12 too to make it almost like a symmetrical corner to T11 and thus get rid of T13.

I might also go about tweaking Turns 1 to 4

However its refreshing to see what looks to me like a classic race-track shape - basically an edited circle that goes round and meets the SF line again.

Great stuff! You definitely have a different style.
Old 12 Feb 2011, 07:10 (Ref:2829966)   #131
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
While i love the general track layout I'd have dropped the T2-T4 complex and taken a straight run from T1 down to turn five.

At turn 15 -16 I might have put it into a continuous high speed curve rather than the double apex turn.

However the graphic layout and presentation is superb adn the overall execution is great.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 02:10 (Ref:2832469)   #132
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is the definition of organic, as I see it. I'm really liking your work, you do have lots of time to spare I guess, by the detailed realism , I take you spent lots of time!Your presentation is very good.

As for the track, I feel it's going to be like a day in the canyons, unbelievably fun, it has a big club flavor to me.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 19:54 (Ref:2832916)   #133
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Stig, I really like this last one overall.

There are two definite and one possible change I'd make. As has already been mentioned, bypass Turns 2-4, and have the straight run uninterrrupted to Turn 5. At Turns 6-8, I'd make a fast, sweeping right/left esse, which would lead into a somewhat tightened Turn 9.

The possible third change I was considering is to slightly ease Turn 14 and 15.
Old 17 Feb 2011, 23:27 (Ref:2833058)   #134
Stig
Racer

United States
New Jersey
Stig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks guys. Luiggi, I do spend a lot of time on these, they usually take me few hours over two or three days - between designing the track on paper, tracing it in SketchUp and polishing off the fine details to get the whole project looking the way I want it to. And I appreciate the comments about the graphics too!

Should have another one up this weekend. The suggestions about T2-4 and T6-8 are good, and I'm going to keep them in mind as I design my next track.