Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Jun 2015, 21:03 (Ref:3552533)   #301
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"Car 7 must respect track limits" lol...

Track limits: Only sometimes. And for some cars!

Also, the power that Nissan has is unreal.
Old 20 Jun 2015, 23:06 (Ref:3552549)   #302
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2015 Blancpain Endurance Series

I caught the last hour of the race and quite enjoyed it. That chase of the Nissan by the Bentley was thrilling stuff, before Kane spun it looked like it was going to be very close finish, shame he lost the back end but the trio looked very happy afterwards regardless, no surprise seeing how their season has progressed so far. Glad to see MVDS in third, Markus Paltalla said that he overtook 39 cars in his first stint which was epic considering the Z4 isn't suited to Paul Ricards long straights.

This the first race I watched on the Blancpain app on my phone and it was without problems, I wasn't on wifi just the local crappy phone network and with dailymotion expected some stream break ups and freezing but nothing happened. Kudos to SRO.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 00:10 (Ref:3552556)   #303
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Missed the race! Howd the Lambo lose?
Old 21 Jun 2015, 00:37 (Ref:3552564)   #304
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Missed the race! Howd the Lambo lose?
Venturini wasn't quite as fast as the other drivers in his stint (off the top of my head, Meyrick, Luhr/Paltalla, Chiyo/Reip were in the other leading cars during his stint) and he had to serve a drive-through for an infringement during the stop that put him in the car. But by that time the Lambo had already been passed on-track by the GTR and Meyrick's Bentley.

The Huracan had the pace otherwise, but that stint (3rd for the car) killed any chances of victory.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 03:33 (Ref:3552596)   #305
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hilarious how much faster the GTR is vs everything else in the tubes.

They've already uploaded it.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 20:00 (Ref:3552812)   #306
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of these starting drivers are morons for making contact on the first laps of a 6 hour race. I'd have no problems losing places if it means I could keep the car clean.
Old 21 Jun 2015, 20:04 (Ref:3552813)   #307
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Some of these starting drivers are morons for making contact on the first laps of a 6 hour race. I'd have no problems losing places if it means I could keep the car clean.
naaaaaa the usual paul ricard re-start
Old 22 Jun 2015, 19:29 (Ref:3553131)   #308
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
A 6 hour race 1 week after Le Mans....wasn't really interested before the race but I really enjoyed it. Great racing.
Old 23 Jun 2015, 19:11 (Ref:3553430)   #309
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
DSC have a press release from BMW Motorsport explaining most of the technical details of the car that Alex Zanardi is sharing with Timo Glock and Bruno Spengler, and how they accommodated Zanardi's situation in an endurance race with driver changes: http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...-spengler.html
Old 23 Jun 2015, 20:14 (Ref:3553437)   #310
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I just came to post that Victor

Very interesting. I've been wondering how they would manage to suit both Zanardi and his two co drivers so this is a mind read . Good on BMW Motorsport for investing in this type of technology.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 05:41 (Ref:3553524)   #311
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Just watched the race and have to say it seemed like a really good one, thrilling and with the Nissan, Bentley and BMW. Great coverage too, ad-free HD stream with good commentary.

Trying to decide whether to go to Spa now, for what could be another classic and the last works endurance outings for the Z4 and SLS. 66 cars on the entry list, apparently, with 28 in Pro.

Great to hear that Mike will be coming over, look forward to finding out in what and with who.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 07:42 (Ref:3553535)   #312
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Just watched the race and have to say it seemed like a really good one, thrilling and with the Nissan, Bentley and BMW. Great coverage too, ad-free HD stream with good commentary.

Trying to decide whether to go to Spa now, for what could be another classic and the last works endurance outings for the Z4 and SLS. 66 cars on the entry list, apparently, with 28 in Pro.

Great to hear that Mike will be coming over, look forward to finding out in what and with who.
Spa test day is on right now.

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/n...4-hours-of-spa
Old 24 Jun 2015, 14:56 (Ref:3553620)   #313
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

The track limit abuse was just ridiculous.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 16:16 (Ref:3553643)   #314
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
The track limit abuse was just ridiculous.
Yes, but on the other hand rules were equal for all drivers.
So officials not punishing some drivers and other drivers not.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 17:12 (Ref:3553661)   #315
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Doing something wrong competently versus doing something right incompetently isn't a choice anyone should have to make. I'd love to hear the justification for the decision, Meyrick (?) mentioned a potential safety issue in the booth but that was cut short when Kane tagged the #75 ISR Audi.
Old 24 Jun 2015, 21:13 (Ref:3553713)   #316
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And then why don't they just make higher the chicanes?, and didn't the red and blue stripes of PAul Ricard delay the cars if they were stepped? Not delay enough?

That thing of the track limits should be easy to solve it was a real problem.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 05:41 (Ref:3553788)   #317
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Yes, but on the other hand rules were equal for all drivers.
I know, I just felt really frustrated when I watched that race. They weren't even trying to stay on the "track". It's a disgrace to call Paul Ricard a race track. It's a parking lot.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 10:20 (Ref:3553825)   #318
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
That thing of the track limits should be easy to solve it was a real problem.
Yes, gravel.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 10:46 (Ref:3553828)   #319
outnumbered
Racer

United Kingdom
Reading
outnumbered should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Frank Stippler explained on the Motors TV commentary that the race director had given special dispensation to ignore the track limits at the end of the Mistral straight - for some supposedly safety-related reason. Hence a lot of drivers going round the kerb and flattening off the apex of the next corner.

But it also looked like there were many other places where a lot of cars were four wheels off...
Old 25 Jun 2015, 10:52 (Ref:3553831)   #320
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The rules weren't equal though. The lead Nissan was off the road everywhere. Fine, if that's what the race director has decided. But then the Bentley was told stay within track limits. What?
Old 25 Jun 2015, 12:03 (Ref:3553846)   #321
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The rules weren't equal though. The lead Nissan was off the road everywhere. Fine, if that's what the race director has decided. But then the Bentley was told stay within track limits. What?
Yeah, there were shades of this year's WEC Silverstone race in the officiating, as if race control "switches on" to track limit violations if and only if a leading car is involved and it is the last hour of the race.

It didn't utterly ruin the race, I still enjoyed it for the most part. But it leaves a sour taste when I look back on it and wonder how things would have been different if the white line mattered more.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 16:00 (Ref:3553896)   #322
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Exactly Jay

I didn't watch the race. But the runoff abuse can't have been any worse than in the WEC this year. But somehow up there it's 'okay' and I get either ignored or attacked by mentioning it.

At least Paul Ricard doesn't pretend to be anything more than asphalt testing course with painted lines, it's even in their marketing. Many other courses don't say so
Old 25 Jun 2015, 18:56 (Ref:3553928)   #323
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I didn't watch the race. But the runoff abuse can't have been any worse than in the WEC this year. But somehow up there it's 'okay' and I get either ignored or attacked by mentioning it.
It was far worse than anything I remember seeing in WEC. The first lap was almost comical as some drivers just opted to drive straight through the painted area and not bother with the corner.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 19:33 (Ref:3553934)   #324
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
It was worse than WEC Silverstone by miles. Every second or third corner was abused. But we seen the lead Nissan do it fine, and then the Bentley was catching the Nissan and got told off.
Old 25 Jun 2015, 22:13 (Ref:3553968)   #325
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post

16th overall and eighth in pro am for you guys. Good start. How'd the new car go? I'm interested in what Lowndes had to say about the Gallardo compared to the other GT3 cars that he's raced like the Audi and Ferrari.