Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Sep 2023, 18:53 (Ref:4177480)   #26
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00087128476062

Seeing some other posts, it appears to be a tragic moment that speculation should be avoided in terms of the circumstances.
Indeed.
I'd seen quite a few members of the TCR community - Drivers, Stewart Lines and others posting tributes today.
Old 19 Sep 2023, 18:58 (Ref:4177483)   #27
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An obituary of sorts has appeared:

https://freeforevermemorials.com/dan...s-passed-away/

I'm not aware of the connection of the author to Dan Kirby.
Old 19 Sep 2023, 19:01 (Ref:4177486)   #28
5five
Rookie

5five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I click the link above, it appears to reroute me to spam/scam websites on mobile.
Old 19 Sep 2023, 19:04 (Ref:4177487)   #29
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5five View Post
If I click the link above, it appears to reroute me to spam/scam websites on mobile.
Dan Kirby Suicide, Chelmsford Essex, TCR UK Touring Car Championship Competitor Has Passed Away

Charles Earl September 19, 2023 Posted in Obituary

Dan Kirby Suicide: The death of Dan Kirby, a promising driver in the TCR UK Touring Car Championship, has been announced with great sadness. Dan lived a life defined by an insatiable hunger for success and a profound love of auto racing. Dan Kirby, who grew up in Chelmsford, Essex, started his career in motorsport at a young age. His commitment, will, and passion for racing got him into the thick of things in the TCR UK Touring Car Championship. Dan’s presence on the racetrack was motivating and admired because of his status as a great athlete and hard competitor.

Dan’s dedication to his profession in motorsports was impressive. He would enter each race with an uncompromising determination to win, always striving to outperform the previous one. His success on the track was something that everyone who knew him and followed auto racing could be proud of. Dan Kirby wasn’t just well-liked for his racing skills; he was also a really nice guy. Those who were lucky enough to cross paths with him were forever changed, and the motorsport community is better for it. His dedication to sports, honesty, and infectious energy left an indelible impression on everyone he met.

We will miss Dan Kirby, but we will never forget the laughter and cheer he brought to the racetrack and the friendship he had with his rivals. His legacy will continue to inspire future generations of racing aficionados, and his memory will live on in the hearts of those who knew him. Dan’s death is a sobering illustration of the value of community solidarity in trying times. Let us pay tribute to his memory by helping others who are struggling in every way we can.

The family suggests that memorial contributions be made to a charity supporting mental health in place of flowers. Let’s band together to help those who may be struggling with their mental health get the help they need. Dan Kirby will be remembered not only for his incredible speed and agility on the track, but also for the unyielding will to win that characterized his whole life. We will never get over losing him.

Author: Charles Earl
Old 19 Sep 2023, 19:18 (Ref:4177491)   #30
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely awful news to hear first thing this morning, condolences to his family.
Old 19 Sep 2023, 20:02 (Ref:4177496)   #31
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
An obituary of sorts has appeared:

https://freeforevermemorials.com/dan...s-passed-away/

I'm not aware of the connection of the author to Dan Kirby.
That's an AI obituary if ever I saw one.
Old 20 Sep 2023, 10:09 (Ref:4177540)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Shocking news. Condolences to his family
Old 20 Sep 2023, 10:39 (Ref:4177543)   #33
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
That's an AI obituary if ever I saw one.
A great example of how people have set up AI websites to say very little with a lot of words.
Old 20 Sep 2023, 13:08 (Ref:4177564)   #34
mick bennett
Rookie

mick bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be very wary of anything asking for money.
Old 20 Sep 2023, 18:36 (Ref:4177595)   #35
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If a Reach owned website can be considered more reliable, there's this article on the Essex Live - https://www.essexlive.news/sport/tri...msford-8766855

However it's also on the BBC - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-66863934
Old 21 Sep 2023, 10:01 (Ref:4177653)   #36
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Time to bring back that 1 metre strip of grass they used to have there...
The grass there caused motorcycling injuries flipping riders instead of letting them slide to a halt.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 13:03 (Ref:4177671)   #37
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocatrucky View Post
The grass there caused motorcycling injuries flipping riders instead of letting them slide to a halt.
Time to bring back gravel / grass then?

I still think a grasscrete solution could solve a lot of "track limits" problems.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 14:44 (Ref:4177684)   #38
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
Entry List Its an early list so there is a chance of a few changes before Friday.

Confirms Bobby Thompson at Go-Fix with Autoaid Breakdown

MINI JCWs - 19 entries
Debut of Spencer Russell at Graves Motorsport. Scheduled return of Sam Smith at Hybrid Tune. Of the full-time entries, Cordell and both Petters are absent. The declining size of the grid may be behind the addition of a scholarship and a new sub-class for 2024.

Porsche Carrera Cup GB - 21 entries
No Am class - Sherwood is already champion and was the last remaining Am entry. No Richardson Racing. Return of Gus Burton to JTR. Theo Edgerton is listed as returning to the championship, now competing for Toro Verde [I believe this entry was originally earmarked for Tio Ellinas].

Porsche Sprint Challenge GB - 18 entries
Appears to be the same entry as Donington, minus John White.

Caterham Seven Championship UK- 24 entries
I know very little about this series, but 24 entries makes this the largest support series this weekend.
Version 2 - current British GT GT4 competitor, and former Ginetta GT4 Supercup racer, Ian Duggan joins the Porsche Sprint Challenge GB field with Toro Verde.
Old 21 Sep 2023, 22:25 (Ref:4177736)   #39
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Jamie Tonks had signed with Excelr8 for Mini this weekend.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 14:20 (Ref:4177804)   #40
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Special Valvoline livery for Osborne:

https://x.com/samosbornebtcc/status/...T11pmdgnSSDQzA

https://x.com/thmotorsport_/status/1...T11pmdgnSSDQzA
Old 22 Sep 2023, 14:32 (Ref:4177806)   #41
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2023...t-silverstone/

Sutton currently 42 points ahead of Ingram. He needs to be 67 points clear by the end of the weekend to take the title before Brands. Sutton's number of wins means he would take the title should he an Ingram be tied on points.

Hill is currently 62 points behind so Sutton only needs to outscore Hill by 5 points this weekend to knock Hill out of the running.

Turkington is currently 99 points behind. Mathematically he could still take the title but he would need to be on the podium every race at Silverstone and Brands, with Sutton not scoring.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 15:59 (Ref:4177818)   #42
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Stunning livery! Really can't go wrong with Valvoline colours.
Old 22 Sep 2023, 16:57 (Ref:4177831)   #43
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2023...t-silverstone/

Sutton currently 42 points ahead of Ingram. He needs to be 67 points clear by the end of the weekend to take the title before Brands. Sutton's number of wins means he would take the title should he an Ingram be tied on points.

Hill is currently 62 points behind so Sutton only needs to outscore Hill by 5 points this weekend to knock Hill out of the running.

Turkington is currently 99 points behind. Mathematically he could still take the title but he would need to be on the podium every race at Silverstone and Brands, with Sutton not scoring.
I can't see Sutton winning the title here at Silverstone, but I can see both BMWs out of contention by the end of Sunday.

I reckon Turkington will be officially out of contention after Silverstone Race 2. Hill may stay in contention until Brands GP Race 1 but only if Sutton suffers bad luck at Silverstone.

Given Ingram's strong record at Silverstone I think he'll close the gap slightly, but probably only down to about 36-38 points. I can then see the title getting wrapped up by Sutton in race one or two at Brands GP.

One title is almost guaranteed to be won on Sunday - Cook winning the Independents (currently leading by 92 points with 120 up for grabs)
Old 23 Sep 2023, 08:23 (Ref:4177890)   #44
SSmith
Veteran

Team HARD statement. 5 cars will now run in the colours of Autobrite Direct. Thompson, Crees, Lloyd, Patterson and DeLeon.

https://www.team-hard.com/team-state...irect-step-up/

"Following recent events behind the scenes, we would like to share our thanks to our long-standing partner, Autobrite Direct, who has gone above and beyond to support us in the wake of a recent setback.

Since 2017, Autobrite Direct has been right there with us, and their commitment to our team’s success has been fantastic. Now, they’ve decided to extend their support to include two more cars, in addition to the cars of Dan Lloyd, Michael Crees and the returning Bobby Thompson, for this weekend’s Silverstone event.

This move highlights the strong bond between the team and Autobrite Direct. Their willingness to step in and help us continue our racing journey shows just how dedicated they are to the sport and our team.

We can’t thank Autobrite Direct enough for their continued support."
Old 23 Sep 2023, 10:14 (Ref:4177892)   #45
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did Hard start the year with Yazoo or did their sponsorship stop at the end of last year?
Old 23 Sep 2023, 10:31 (Ref:4177893)   #46
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Did Hard start the year with Yazoo or did their sponsorship stop at the end of last year?
I think the Yazoo sponsorship stopped at the end of 2022
Old 23 Sep 2023, 10:41 (Ref:4177894)   #47
thetool
Veteran

The TG Anthem

I got too many bills
Got nothin' in my bank
That's what people say, mm-mm
I sign too many drivers (Haha)
But I can't make them stay
At least, that's what people say, mm-mm

But I keep cruisin'
Can't stop, won't stop movin'
It's like I got this music in my mind
Sayin', "It's gonna be alright"

'Cause the drivers gonna pay, pay, pay, pay, pay
And the creditors gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna sell, sell, sell, sell, sell
I sell it off, I sell it off
Old 23 Sep 2023, 11:36 (Ref:4177898)   #48
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice welcome-back present for Bobby Thompson… minus 15 points for an engine change! Please let this man win the lottery…

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...y-Thompson.pdf
Old 23 Sep 2023, 11:39 (Ref:4177899)   #49
Evantra
Veteran

England
Obviously you’d expect it around a short circuit, but 20 of the 24 Caterhams within a second in qualifying, so hopefully should be a bit closer than the Radicals!

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...sification.pdf
Old 23 Sep 2023, 11:53 (Ref:4177900)   #50
Evantra
Veteran

England
PMR 1-2 in FP2. Seem to remember the Astras were quick around here with Dan Lloyd a few years back.