Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Feb 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3883258)   #46
Lutzvic
Rookie

Hungary
Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When do we have the first 50 cars?no news...just silence........
Old 11 Feb 2019, 15:09 (Ref:3883266)   #47
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Bradford, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here we go its just hit Twitter:-

LMP 1

Rebellion
Rebellion
ByKolles
Toyota
Toyota
DragonSpeed
SMP
SMP

LMP2
G-Drive
TDS
Racing Team Nederland
DragonSpeed
Signatech
Jackie Chan DC
Jackie Chan DC
RLR
Larbre

GTPRo
AF Corse
Ford Chip Ganassi
Ford Chip Canassi
AF Corse
BMW Team MTEK
BMW Team MTEK
Porsche GT Team
Porsche GT Team
Aston Martin Racing
Aston Martin Racing

GT AM

Sprit of Race
Team Project 1
Kessel Racing
Clearwater Racing
Weathertech Racing
MR Racing
Dempsey Proton
Proton
JMW
Keating Motorsport - Ford GT
Gulf Racing
Dempsey Proton
TF Sport
Aston Martin Racing
Dempsey Proton

Quick thoughts - No Corvette, No Ginetta, No US Porsche's and No US Ford GT's - As of yet

We were expecting 50 cars to be confirmed today and that is only 42 I guess we have to wait for the rest
Old 11 Feb 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3883269)   #48
Lutzvic
Rookie

Hungary
Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very very disappointing.....
no corvette, no ginetta, huge load of GTE AM.....
15cars????? instead of LMP2.......
Old 11 Feb 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3883270)   #49
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Here we go its just hit Twitter:-

Quick thoughts - No Corvette, No Ginetta, No US Porsche's and No US Ford GT's - As of yet

We were expecting 50 cars to be confirmed today and that is only 42 I guess we have to wait for the rest
Bit of a damp squib really - all they've announced is pretty much what we already knew- the full-season WEC cars and the auto entries
Old 11 Feb 2019, 15:23 (Ref:3883271)   #50
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As expected this whole split announcement thing is a complete joke. It used to be the most anticipated non-racing day of the year. Now get this farce.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 15:28 (Ref:3883273)   #51
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
As expected this whole split announcement thing is a complete joke. It used to be the most anticipated non-racing day of the year. Now get this farce.
The Super Season killed any real excitement to be honest.

10 points to the person who posts the actual ACO list.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3883275)   #52
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
why have dempsey proton got 3 am invites.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3883278)   #53
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Bradford, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here is a nice Powerpoint from the ACO....it also has some driver names as well.

https://assets.lemans.org/explorer/p...6a-21fa29f31a-
Old 11 Feb 2019, 15:52 (Ref:3883283)   #54
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
why have dempsey proton got 3 am invites.
ELMS GTE champions (the 'Proton Competition' entry) plus won GT-Am at Le Mans last year, and their two full-season WEC cars
Old 11 Feb 2019, 16:36 (Ref:3883287)   #55
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!broadrun96 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
ELMS GTE champions (the 'Proton Competition' entry) plus won GT-Am at Le Mans last year, and their two full-season WEC cars
Did one of the full season cars win last year? Honestly asking as I can't remember because it seems like winning and running the full season shouldn't get you 2 slots. But I'm open to being convinced why they should get 2
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3883288)   #56
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hopefully a big chunk of the remaining cars for the entry list will be the IMSA GTLM entries.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3883290)   #57
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Big old GT-Am grid then this year. I guess this probably isn't news to people who were paying attention, unlike me. But I guess we could have 18 or so come the race.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 17:05 (Ref:3883294)   #58
LC2guy
Veteran

LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Big old GT-Am grid then this year. I guess this probably isn't news to people who were paying attention, unlike me. But I guess we could have 18 or so come the race.
If there are 18 GT-AM, that should in theory mean only 2 more GT-PRO if ACO are to respect the 50/50 Split between Proto & GT that they have stated previously, which i think they should. Some difficult decisions ahead for the ACO.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3883301)   #59
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Did one of the full season cars win last year? Honestly asking as I can't remember because it seems like winning and running the full season shouldn't get you 2 slots. But I'm open to being convinced why they should get 2
2x WEC Full Season entries (every WEC car gets a LM entry. Apart from Ginetta. lawl)
1x ELMS GTE-Am Championship
1x WEC GTE-Am Championship (This one is void, due to the 2x full season entries being one of these)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Hopefully a big chunk of the remaining cars for the entry list will be the IMSA GTLM entries.
I hope not. We're complaining about the lack of variety, and yet we allow 4 Fords and 4 Porsches. Factory cars shouldn't allow the lock out of 4 slots each. Only need Corvette and Risi over and that's a perfect GTE-Pro class. I think I'm probably alone on this, but I don't want 4 of everything. That's not variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I suspect it will balance out. It's important for Am teams to have entries confirmed sooner, as it has budget and planning knock-on effects.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 18:28 (Ref:3883310)   #60
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A grid of 15-20 Orecaís isnít variety either