Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

(NZ) Southern Classic
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official

8 Feb 2019 to 10 Feb 2019 07:30 to 18:00
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings

2nd of the NZ meetings that includes races for Formula Juniors from the rest of the world.

Old 8 Feb 2019, 08:37 (Ref:3882576)   #16
Willmaz223
Racer

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ok . This track it’s called “ levels “. Guess as it’s flat ..Here in Timaru. I can understand why the locals want to come over and race in Europe . Both this track and last weekend are ok and they make good use of the space but it’s a bit like racing at Lydden Hill every weekend . I pulled the box apart again and changed ratios and oil. Amazed but she is still holding together well . I was on a really good lap today but got held up by backmarket on last corner . Anyway P4 on grid tomorrow . We have 3 races tomorrow and 2 on Sunday . I will report innagain tomortow .
Lydden,what a circuit,at least its the only one without the dreaded safety fencing.I've mostly been there for the bikes over the years and ovcourse the rallycross.Its certaibly improves recently having been there but I thibk its lost some of its attraction of raxing there though.I may be wrong.😁
Old 8 Feb 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3882603)   #17
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Ok . This track it’s called “ levels “. Guess as it’s flat ..Here in Timaru. I pulled the box apart again and changed ratios and oil. Amazed but she is still holding together well . I was on a really good lap today but got held up by backmarket on last corner . Anyway P4 on grid tomorrow . We have 3 races tomorrow and 2 on Sunday . I will report innagain tomortow .
Fingers crossed! Have you been for a swim, as you’re so close to the sea? Is it called Southern Ocean or South Pacific Ocean? Bit different to our North Sea....
Old 8 Feb 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3882661)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The pictures I saw from Iain's car, at least the Danish blue one, show an action cam. Will you make some video? From the race I mean, not the swim!!
Old 8 Feb 2019, 17:39 (Ref:3882665)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Morning Gerard . I am sure those who are close to me are having histericle laughter . I do not own a dash cam and would not have any idea how to work it or upload any film .Sorry to disappoint you . There are some good photos on the FJ face book page of me under car as she is hanging on the crane from up at Teratonga. Not allowed on the beech Mike . It’s shut at moment , they say due to bacteria .
Old 8 Feb 2019, 17:43 (Ref:3882666)   #20
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Morning Gerard . I am sure those who are close to me are having histericle laughter . I do not own a dash cam and would not have any idea how to work it or upload any film .Sorry to disappoint you . There are some good photos on the FJ face book page of me under car as she is hanging on the crane from up at Teratonga. Not allowed on the beech Mike . It’s shut at moment , they say due to bacteria .

Whose bacteria?
Old 8 Feb 2019, 18:06 (Ref:3882671)   #21
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Whose bacteria?
My first thought....
Old 8 Feb 2019, 19:03 (Ref:3882685)   #22
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Morning Iain! Yes of course I'm disappointed, thought it was an action cam! Not many solutions to find whether its my computer or my eyes… or the symptom of you driving "all balls out"! Just out of my curiosity how do they manage to close a beach over there? They put the sand upside down?
Old 9 Feb 2019, 05:51 (Ref:3882747)   #23
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good day boys .P3 1st Race .P4 second race and P4 3rd Race with 3 rd fastest lap . I’m getting to grips with this track . The Lotus is feeling and going like a train . Two more races tomorrow . Pizza and beer awaits . ��.
Old 9 Feb 2019, 06:15 (Ref:3882750)   #24
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Good day boys .P3 1st Race .P4 second race and P4 3rd Race with 3 rd fastest lap . I’m getting to grips with this track . The Lotus is feeling and going like a train . Two more races tomorrow . Pizza and beer awaits . ��.
Excellent! Be gentle with that gearbox.....

Enjoy.....!
Old 9 Feb 2019, 08:01 (Ref:3882762)   #25
I16
Racer

I16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope you don't mind - a link to the local paper.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-heral...uthern-classic
Old 9 Feb 2019, 08:17 (Ref:3882764)   #26
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by I16 View Post
Hope you don't mind - a link to the local paper.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-heral...uthern-classic
That’s great! And the Datsun is lovely......
Old 9 Feb 2019, 08:40 (Ref:3882765)   #27
Colin McKay
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A different story for me sadly, mystery problem still unsolved meant poor qual and only 1 lap in each of the 3 races, pointless trying to keep up when it won't rev over 6k and splutters out of every corner but is annoyingly fine in the paddock. Team Delta has now replaced everything in fuel system, ignition, even the manifold gasket so we'll see what the morning brings. Remind me why I do this......?!!!
Old 9 Feb 2019, 08:50 (Ref:3882766)   #28
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Before anyone says anything , yes we have changed the coil.
Old 9 Feb 2019, 09:18 (Ref:3882768)   #29
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Quote:

Colin, its part of the game, we all do that for fun. And beer… Remember the Latin version for fighting spirit.: Numquam admittere clade!
Old 9 Feb 2019, 09:33 (Ref:3882772)   #30
Colin McKay
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ah, but perhaps that's not the whole story of the coil!