Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Apr 2000, 10:56 (Ref:539)   #1
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
f f flopped.
First it was Jacques who was the gate-crasher into Michaels Party then it was the meteorogical dept. that promised Ferrari RAIN!!
...well 3rds not too bad
Old 24 Apr 2000, 18:32 (Ref:540)   #2
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I suppose Michael is lucky it didnt rain yesterday....CAUSE MIKA WOULDVE BEAT THE HELL OUT OUT OF EVERYBODY THEN. You remember Mika's astonishing performance on silverstone during that rain soaked british GP of 1998. It was Gilles revisited. It was aquaplaning and Mika was just floating on the track. Simply a brilliant display of wet weather control.

Old 25 Apr 2000, 00:04 (Ref:541)   #3
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a shame it didn't rain, I was looking forward to the first wet race of the year, and it would have been fair since the qualifying was a bit of a lottery.

Freud, Hakkinen wnt off twice in '98, remember! It was Michael who showed who's the best in the rain, he was awsome that day! Mika really cracked under pressure from Michael the second time he went off.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 00:05 (Ref:542)   #4
renniesmill
Rookie

renniesmill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, mika went off twice, he was lucky to keep going!
Old 25 Apr 2000, 00:53 (Ref:543)   #5
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Micheal had a massive loss of confidence at the track after last years accident that is the only reason I can see for his poor performance on the weekend.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 01:21 (Ref:544)   #6
Ace
Rookie

Ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stop with this BS about race strategy or anything. MS was nowhere during the whole weekend. It was a performance to forget and that’s all.

<<You can't ask a chicken to fly like an eagle>>
Old 25 Apr 2000, 02:59 (Ref:545)   #7
AL Racing
Racer

Michael was nowhere??!! Ace, he made more than 15 seconds on Mika after Jacques pitted!! Remember that he was 5 sec behind Mika at one stage! That tells me that he should of won the race clearly if he hadn't made a mock of the start. But the did, that was a shame.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 04:43 (Ref:546)   #8
@ngel
Rookie

@ngel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ace keep on making sense when you talk about MS, may be you should talk about someone else, so you could have a more impartial view. It has not his best race, he got it wrong in the first lap.But being eight during more than half of the race over 23" behind the leader and close the gap up to 9" and finish third is not that bad.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 05:05 (Ref:547)   #9
freud
Veteran

Al, watch the race again carefully. Notice that when it was raining real hard Mika gave some blistering laps which were 2 to 4 seconds quicker than MS. Michael was scared like chicken sh1t and prefered to just cruise. It was Mika who was walking on water. Then came a spectacular 360 degree spin which happens when one is driving above the limits, gaining maximun out of his car. Even then MS could only catch him after safety car appeared and since the macs Suspension and undertray were damaged, MS won and even that on a controversial FIA decision.

I AM ALSO WAITING FOR A WET RACE THIS SEASON AND MARK MY WORDS <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Mika will beat the hell out of MS...MY PREDICTION!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MS is nothing special in rain he just has 'Mastro' Brawn's set-ups.
Old 25 Apr 2000, 05:50 (Ref:548)   #10
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
Freud !
Everytime Michael wins the GP the McMercs suspension and undertray seem to have problems or are damaged.....conspiracy???

You know the way Norbert Haug Hugged Schuey after Silverstone ?!

Ace !
Thats what i'm sayin...his strategy flopped, real bad !
WORST PERFORMANCE 3rd?
WOW !!
Old 25 Apr 2000, 06:24 (Ref:549)   #11
freud
Veteran

Its not about conspiracy or anything. I consider Michael as among the Top 10 drivers in f1 these days. But even his most devoted fans would agree that he has lost a bit of 'edge' over past few seasons. He is now on the stage that probably Lauda was in 1977.

Mika is also struggling for motivation but let's accept the fact that Mclarens have done no good to bolster his confidence. Its tough working your ass off driving a f1 car on limit and then suddenly the engine blows off or your teammate is allowed to win the race while you are the main contender for the title. Like I've said before Mika has done it the hard way. He is a fighter and alongwith it a very humble and good human being.

Just read his comments after the qualifying at silverstone:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> I saw a red car behind me and obviously I didnt know it was Rubens or Michael but i slowed down as i didnt want to destroy anybody's laptime<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And after the race:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> I am sorry that I touched Michael on the start and he fell back. i didnt do it on intention <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now this is the mark of a man with class, character and dignity. Mika is a driver that every person should be a fan of. C-U-L8R

MIKA FOR 3.
Old 28 Apr 2000, 02:50 (Ref:550)   #12
AL Racing
Racer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>MS is nothing special in rain he just has 'Mastro' Brawn's set-ups.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Freud, that's redicilous. I hope you remember Michaels victory in the wet '96 Spanish GP in a Ferrari. Ross Brawn wasn't even at Ferrari in '96 and Michael outclassed everyone. Geez...
Old 28 Apr 2000, 06:26 (Ref:551)   #13
freud
Veteran

Gerhard berger after Spanish GP 96(F1 racing magazine)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Michael did a good job but let's accept the fact that he was the only driver on complete wet weather settings so it was easier for him<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Old 28 Apr 2000, 09:08 (Ref:552)   #14
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Freud, your point is...?
Old 29 Apr 2000, 06:20 (Ref:553)   #15
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
Oh Freud!...aaargh...vultures...hyenas...ugh
Old 2 May 2000, 20:19 (Ref:554)   #16
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by freud:
I suppose Michael is lucky it didnt rain yesterday....CAUSE MIKA WOULDVE BEAT THE HELL OUT OUT OF EVERYBODY THEN. You remember Mika's astonishing performance on silverstone during that rain soaked british GP of 1998. It was Gilles revisited. It was aquaplaning and Mika was just floating on the track. Simply a brilliant display of wet weather control.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a sidenote, does anyone remember the European GP last season ?!

And, as someone who was there I have to say that Schumacher should have won that race (had he not got overexcited at the start, he would have easily. Now, i'm no Schumacher fan (not the older one anyway) but I can live with saying that - why does it seem that no-one else here is capable of doing the same ?
Old 6 May 2000, 12:49 (Ref:555)   #17
Ace
Rookie

Ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
European GP last season? wasn't that Nurburgring? MS was not even there. Unless you are talking about RS, it wasn't his fault, his tire let him down.
Old 6 May 2000, 17:07 (Ref:556)   #18
AL Racing
Racer

I think Fatbloke referes to Mika's sad excuse for a race in Nurburgring. Luca Badoer deserved those points, Mika didn't.