Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Feb 2019, 08:53 (Ref:3882777)   #646
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
They were backed by an Irish company. Even more interesting.
How unusual for a "British" company to have foreign owners/backers!

Luckily the mayor of Ostend insisted on guarantees before they started spending on the infrastructure for this virtual ferry company.
Old 10 Feb 2019, 08:08 (Ref:3882902)   #647
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
How unusual for a "British" company to have foreign owners/backers!

Luckily the mayor of Ostend insisted on guarantees before they started spending on the infrastructure for this virtual ferry company.
Hmm, I detect an equal amount of cynicism.

Yes indeed professionally, I found the whole Seaborne deal to be less than adequate. If the people who put it together worked for me they'd be scavenging the food banks now. But I'm sure they followed EU procurement rules and thus "foreign" as in Co EU companies are permitted.

But the problem is more that the Irish Government is doing all it can to defeat Brexit and bssed on my knowledge of international trade I do know that the business reasoning is spurious but the political mileage is vast.
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 10 Feb 2019, 13:09 (Ref:3882946)   #648
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
But the problem is more that the Irish Government is doing all it can to defeat Brexit ...

The country having failed in its own bid to escape a few years ago they are hardly likely to be keen to see a long time rival make the breakout - especially after the Rugby last weekend ...
Old 10 Feb 2019, 15:49 (Ref:3882975)   #649
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
... especially after the Rugby last weekend ...
And this weekend's Rugby score v England is not going to improve things!
Old 10 Feb 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3883000)   #650
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Itís all part of the plan.......
Old 10 Feb 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3883025)   #651
bauble
Veteran

England
Luton, which is nowhere near ,,,?
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
After Brexit will we no longer have to enter the EU song contest?
Old 10 Feb 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3883028)   #652
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We're leaving the European Union, not Europe. So yes we are still involved in the tuneless competition.
Old 10 Feb 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3883029)   #653
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
After Brexit will we no longer have to enter the EU song contest?
Wasn't the only time we ever won it long before we joined the EEC?
Old 10 Feb 2019, 18:37 (Ref:3883030)   #654
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Wasn't the only time we ever won it long before we joined the EEC?

More to the point, how many of the entries are from countries in Europe?
Old 10 Feb 2019, 18:41 (Ref:3883032)   #655
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
And this weekend's Rugby score v England is not going to improve things!

And after last week's injuries I think England were playing their B team?

Rugby is a strange game.
Old 10 Feb 2019, 18:44 (Ref:3883035)   #656
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
More to the point, how many of the entries are from countries in Europe?
Russia and Australia are in Europe aren't they?
Old 10 Feb 2019, 18:49 (Ref:3883037)   #657
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Just watched about 90 seconds of the UK entry, imaginative lyrics, great dress sense and he can sing..............NOT. carry on then.
Old 10 Feb 2019, 19:12 (Ref:3883041)   #658
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Russia and Australia are in Europe aren't they?

And Israel.

I thought the only reason anyone in the UK ever watched the thing was to enjoy Wogan's commentary. Obviously that would not be a current reason.
Old 10 Feb 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3883046)   #659
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
And Israel.

I thought the only reason anyone in the UK ever watched the thing was to enjoy Wogan's commentary. Obviously that would not be a current reason.
Dunno, some people are strange, I was speaking to someone today that watches Strictly and I'm a Celebrity, they also go to Ikea because they want to.
Old 10 Feb 2019, 19:51 (Ref:3883050)   #660
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Dunno, some people are strange, I was speaking to someone today that watches Strictly and I'm a Celebrity, they also go to Ikea because they want to.

Were you talking to my wife?

Even the Ikea bit - but usually only when there is a purpose.

Haven't been to Ikea myself for some years. The Swedish meatball lunch was a nice reminder of the many work trips I made to Stockholm back a few decades ago.

And the Dill flavoured crisps.