Rosberg with Williams about to be confirmed

According to: http://www.gp2005.com/news/controlle...&news_id=15163
Old 13 Oct 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1433055)   #2
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How reliable are they? Wonder whether Pizzonia is willing to be a test driver for another year. I think it's over for him if he doesn't get the seat so might as well find a career elsewhere IMHO.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1433057)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pizzonia said in Autosport today that he'd accept the role as third driver at Williams next year, if offered
Old 13 Oct 2005, 20:41 (Ref:1433062)   #4
Mont4eva
Rookie

Mont4eva should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they are pretty reliable. more than a lot of others out there anyway. it is also owned by jean todts son but i dont see a lot of ferrari bias there
Old 13 Oct 2005, 20:45 (Ref:1433066)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Pizzonia said in Autosport today that he'd accept the role as third driver at Williams next year, if offered
I guess he'll be down on his knees for that...
Old 13 Oct 2005, 21:24 (Ref:1433101)   #6
Nado
Racer

Australia
Melbourne VIC
Nado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a look, the guys that run this site also run Nico Rosberg's official site as well.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1433107)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That could mean they have insider information. Or it could mean they want to promote their other site!

I suspect it will come to pass though.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1433121)   #8
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The quote said to be from Frank Williams at the end of the article is kind of weird. I wish we could see it in its full context as I otherwise don't see the point for Williams not to confirm Rosberg now after he would have hinted so much.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 21:54 (Ref:1433123)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanh Ha
Just had a look, the guys that run this site also run Nico Rosberg's official site as well.
Maybe he wants Frank Williams to read it and decide...
Old 13 Oct 2005, 21:59 (Ref:1433125)   #10
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
What's Jamie Green doing again? You know, the guy who had twice as many points as Nico in Euroseries F3?

Oh, wait, he's a British F3 champ, so he must be REALLY crap. Like Andy Wallace and Marc Hynes and Oliver Gavin and Kelvin Burt and all the others who got fewer F1 chances than Philippe Adams and Giovanna Amati.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1433180)   #11
Boro
Racer

Boro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and such is the nature of the sport.

some ppl can't buy a drive even if they have enough wins to back it up; others always have things going their way.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 23:31 (Ref:1433181)   #12
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
What's Jamie Green doing again? You know, the guy who had twice as many points as Nico in Euroseries F3?

Oh, wait, he's a British F3 champ, so he must be REALLY crap. Like Andy Wallace and Marc Hynes and Oliver Gavin and Kelvin Burt and all the others who got fewer F1 chances than Philippe Adams and Giovanna Amati.
You know, if I was psychic I'd say I could detect a hint of bitterness there...but I'm not so I don't...so...Oi! Don't you call Gavin & Wallace crap!
Old 14 Oct 2005, 01:21 (Ref:1433220)   #13
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14

Wait, isn't Jamie Green the driver with the famous ex-F1 father? Oh no, my mistake.
Or is it only a coincidence that Piquet Jnr, Senna Jnr, Lauda Jnr and Rosberg Jnr are being offered the F1 tests all the time? I am just waiting for a Mansell Jnr, Hill III, Berger Jnr to be offered Williams tests on the basis of their impressive performances in the local $15 for 10 mins kart track.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 01:24 (Ref:1433223)   #14
Boro
Racer

Bruno Senna offered F1 tests all the time?

that's news to me
Old 14 Oct 2005, 01:37 (Ref:1433228)   #15
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Bruno Senna offered F1 tests all the time?

that's news to me
http://www.brunosenna.com/news/10_10_05.html
Old 14 Oct 2005, 01:40 (Ref:1433232)   #16
Boro
Racer

so how many tests have he had so far?

lemme rephrase that:

how many OFFERS have he had thus far
Old 14 Oct 2005, 01:54 (Ref:1433237)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andydickens
Senna Jnr
Now that's news to me !
Old 14 Oct 2005, 02:27 (Ref:1433254)   #18
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
so how many tests have he had so far?

lemme rephrase that:

how many OFFERS have he had thus far
Just the one Williams test as far as I can see.
However, racing for RAIKKONEN-Roberts, I can't see that a McLaren test is far behind, can you??

Anyway, you are completely missing the point. The point is that these guys are being advanced over other drivers due to their name, rather than only talent.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 02:33 (Ref:1433259)   #19
Boro
Racer

If I'm missing the point, then I think the same could be said for those of you who are having major knee-jerk reactions.

You're SPECULATING on the fact that Bruno will get a test based on the Kimi connection. If Lewis Hamilton isn't even remotely close to being in a F1 seat, Bruno is going nowhere fast even with the Senna name.

I don't see why Green should be awarded a test. He might be British F3 champion, but that holds as much water as JV being former F1 champ. Granting Paffett a test I could see as being reasonable; but not Green.

Rosberg on the other hand has shown a strong season in GP2 and have won races either from race-craft or superior strategy; so I fail to see why he SHOULDN'T be promoted to F1.

One F1 test means nothing other than the fact that it should give the beneficiaries more motivation to race harder to get there.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 02:50 (Ref:1433267)   #20
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
Bruno going nowhere fast? Started racing September 2004 in FBMW, 2005 British F3, already linked to F1 tests? How fast does it need to be? Of course I am speculating about McLaren tests, half the posts on a forum like this ARE speculation.
Green deserves the test more than Raikkonen did. Raikkonen only had about 1 complete season and 25 car races ever before making the jump to F1.
Rosberg is probably good enough for F1, but I am not so sure he would have made it without his surname, which is my point.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 03:35 (Ref:1433281)   #21
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a point of clarification....

Green was the F3 Euroseries champion for ASM.

He was runner up in the British f3 championship.

However, the reason interest has wanned for him has been his mediocre first year showing in DTM.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 03:43 (Ref:1433283)   #22
Boro
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andydickens
Bruno going nowhere fast? Started racing September 2004 in FBMW, 2005 British F3, already linked to F1 tests? How fast does it need to be? Of course I am speculating about McLaren tests, half the posts on a forum like this ARE speculation.
Green deserves the test more than Raikkonen did. Raikkonen only had about 1 complete season and 25 car races ever before making the jump to F1.
Rosberg is probably good enough for F1, but I am not so sure he would have made it without his surname, which is my point.

I guess that's the difference between some of us and peter sauber then

Starting racing and then moving up the lower ranks in a year or so is one thing.

Winning the championships is another.

IIRC Rosberg was FBMW champ in 2002; granted he didn't have quite a resume as Green in F3, but then he didn't do too badly against Kovalainen and Premat in GP2 did he?
Old 14 Oct 2005, 06:42 (Ref:1433323)   #23
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_White
However, the reason interest has wanned for him has been his mediocre first year showing in DTM.
Which shows how stupid it is. A first season in tintops - and in arguably the biggest series - and suddenly Green turns into a rubbish single seater driver? Despite having destroyed Rosberg and Premat in Euro F3?

To some extent I blame Green...when it was announced back in '04 that Rosberg was having a Williams test he should have been at the factory gates the next morning demanding a head-to-head or something. Make himself known.
Old 14 Oct 2005, 08:19 (Ref:1433385)   #24
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Pizzonia will take the third driver role, knowing full well that he will be racing in Monza after Williams German driver curse hits again (2003, 2004, 2005)
Old 14 Oct 2005, 10:28 (Ref:1433459)   #25
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Gore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not entirely sure this constitutes confirmation, but Rosberg is saying he's got the race seat

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/4341488.stm