Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Jan 2020, 17:47 (Ref:3951376)   #271
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many apologies and thank you! May be this can be explained because I love both tracks…
Old 13 Jan 2020, 22:21 (Ref:3951426)   #272
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mallory test March 12 th All booked .
Old 23 Jan 2020, 19:02 (Ref:3952994)   #273
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
YTCC club will join the french HVM meeting of Charade, France (near Clermont Ferrand), 19/21 June, 1 Q plus 3 races of 30 minutes each, 695 € entry fee for members. If you feel Misano is too far you can have a look to other grids by HVM Racing.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 07:41 (Ref:3953068)   #274
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Someone asked somewhere about a new Equipe 50s series. This from Autosport yesterday....
Attached Thumbnails
C33C9195-50F8-436B-8216-DA8CC215A276.png  
Old 24 Jan 2020, 08:34 (Ref:3953073)   #275
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Someone asked somewhere about a new Equipe 50s series. This from Autosport yesterday....
Mike, there was a press release on the subject a few days ago. If you haven't already got them I can give you the dates.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 08:42 (Ref:3953076)   #276
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
John, if I can help with translation, in French a new 50s series is said… Fifties!
Old 24 Jan 2020, 09:44 (Ref:3953083)   #277
Geraint Owen
Rookie

Geraint Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

It was me who asked about this a while ago, thanks for that. If anyone has more info can they post it here (dates etc)

It is an interesting squeeze in the marketplace. MotorRacingLegends sent out a flyer this week saying drivers will need to be members of their new "club" to enter - at £350 each. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. More dilution I suspect.

Their eligibility is interesting. You can run a Cooper Monaco or a Lotus 15, but not a 3.8 Ctype/D-type or any Allard. They are also excluding the big engined american cars like Kellisons which cant get FIA papers so are looking for somewhere to race. There are a few in the UK and they arent really that competitive if running to period spec

Last edited by Geraint Owen; 24 Jan 2020 at 09:53.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 10:27 (Ref:3953093)   #278
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraint Owen View Post
It was me who asked about this a while ago, thanks for that. If anyone has more info can they post it here (dates etc)

It is an interesting squeeze in the marketplace. MotorRacingLegends sent out a flyer this week saying drivers will need to be members of their new "club" to enter - at £350 each. It will be interesting to see how this pans out. More dilution I suspect.

Their eligibility is interesting. You can run a Cooper Monaco or a Lotus 15, but not a 3.8 Ctype/D-type or any Allard. They are also excluding the big engined american cars like Kellisons which cant get FIA papers so are looking for somewhere to race. There are a few in the UK and they arent really that competitive if running to period spec
Just briefly, Equipe 50 has been created for fans & racers of 1950's Production Sports (up to 3.6-litres) & Sports Racers, sub 2-litres.

John Pearson says: "Equipe 50s is a natural & complementary extension to our existing grids. We think there are many owners & drivers of 1950's cars out there looking for competitive racing in closely matched classes."

Silverstone International, 28 March
Brands Indy 19 April
Spa Summer Classic 27/28 June
Donington 11/12 July
Snetterton 5/6 September
Silverstone National 3 October
Old 24 Jan 2020, 16:32 (Ref:3953152)   #279
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraint Owen View Post

I am still on the Legends Mailing List but - preferring single seaters - am not really a MRL client anymore. I did wonder about the 350 pound fee and am quite happy that this is none of my concern.

As Geraint says, that will be interesting to watch as it unfolds.
Do MRL offer day memberships ?

Rudolf
Old 24 Jan 2020, 17:11 (Ref:3953156)   #280
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Rétromobile show, Paris, 5/9 Feb

If you're in Paris area you can meet at least two french meeting organizers, Peter Auto and HVM during Rétromobile show, 5/9 February, porte de Versailles. Clean toilets, overpriced sandwiches. Not a recommendation,info.
https://www.retromobile.com/Visitors...s-for-the-show
Old 24 Jan 2020, 17:33 (Ref:3953159)   #281
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
If you're in Paris area you can meet at least two french meeting organizers, Peter Auto and HVM during Rétromobile show, 5/9 February, porte de Versailles. Clean toilets, overpriced sandwiches. Not a recommendation,info.
https://www.retromobile.com/Visitors...s-for-the-show
Will you be going, Gerard?

I've just bought a cheap train ticket for Wednesday 5 February, so hope they will actually be running that day.
Old 24 Jan 2020, 17:37 (Ref:3953160)   #282
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
Do MRL offer day memberships ?

Rudolf
There is a once per season single race membership- £145......
Old 24 Jan 2020, 18:24 (Ref:3953167)   #283
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
Yep, more or less mandatory, its always half a pleasure at least, with many people you like to meet and some other you dont appreciate so much…
Mind you, whatever the price of the train ticket nobody can tell what the unions will do. So John, always ready for a nice stop at Pigalle? Haa, les p'tites femmes de Paris sont toujours pleines des surprises. Même quand on les appelle monsieur!
Old 24 Jan 2020, 19:00 (Ref:3953174)   #284
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!
I've never been to Retromobile. Last time I went it was the Paris Racing Car Show! We drove down from Wiltshire and back in the day. A very long day....

Must have been the very late 80s or very early 90s. IIRC the next year we flew and satyed overnight.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 24 Jan 2020, 19:10 (Ref:3953176)   #285
Gerard C
Veteran

Wallis & Futuna
Paris area
I remember you're and experienced Paris traveller, Max. Over the years, the autojumble totally disappeared its a shame. Many modern car makers, many good restorers.

What about a beer with John and me this time? I won't suggest anything to Mike! We'll make some selfies…