Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 12 Aug 2021, 18:58 (Ref:4066469)   #226
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I had forgotten about him walking out on his team in 2012. Shame that he has let his career self destruct, there’s no doubt he had it in him to win a title or two if he focused more on the job

And deliberately blowing up your engine is nothing, I read today that John Kosicnsy did it in 93 I think? Apologies for the bad spelling btw

Still, we might never know the full story
Old 15 Aug 2021, 14:03 (Ref:4066848)   #227
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
WHAT. A. RACE. (MotoGp Austria today.) I will leave it at that so as not to spoil it for those who may not have seen it yet. Worth watching, particularly the last few laps.
Weather played its part.
Old 15 Aug 2021, 19:18 (Ref:4066913)   #228
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
FB keeps his head cool, not so often for a French…
Old 15 Aug 2021, 19:45 (Ref:4066916)   #229
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
WHAT. A. RACE. (MotoGp Austria today.) I will leave it at that so as not to spoil it for those who may not have seen it yet. Worth watching, particularly the last few laps.
Weather played its part.
I was close to a heart attack
Old 15 Aug 2021, 20:23 (Ref:4066926)   #230
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
I was close to a heart attack
Totally crazy race. Unbeatable for suspense and entertainment. Wow!
Old 16 Aug 2021, 14:49 (Ref:4067028)   #231
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
An unbelievable race in those last few laps with Binder taking a great risk on slicks, unfortunately I had to miss most of the MotoGP races this weekend as I was at my good old friend (Norman Ricketts) memorial service. However I did manage to see those last few laps live on my mobile and I'm sure that Norm was looking down on me and smiling.
I have just been watching the complete program from the weekend and was pleased to see Sam Lowes actually stay on and finish up the sharp end in Moto2, roll on Silverstone
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Aug 2021, 00:09 (Ref:4067112)   #232
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
An unbelievable race in those last few laps with Binder taking a great risk on slicks, unfortunately I had to miss most of the MotoGP races this weekend as I was at my good old friend (Norman Ricketts) memorial service. However I did manage to see those last few laps live on my mobile and I'm sure that Norm was looking down on me and smiling.
I have just been watching the complete program from the weekend and was pleased to see Sam Lowes actually stay on and finish up the sharp end in Moto2, roll on Silverstone
Did you see Binder's post race interview? Loosely paraphrased; " the first lap wasn't too bad, but then the tyres cooled down and I had no grip, then the carbon brakes cooled and I had no brakes."

Great win.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 06:37 (Ref:4067652)   #233
thetormentor
Racer

Australia
Central Coast NSW
thetormentor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jack Miller on the Insert Sport Here podcast this week
https://www.buzzsprout.com/1435900/9...?download=true
Old 26 Aug 2021, 22:54 (Ref:4070565)   #234
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Yamaha has now confirmed Cal Crutchlow will join the factory squad in Vinales’ place for the British GP.
Crutchlow was already due to race at Silverstone with SRT in place of Franco Morbidelli, who is still recovering from a knee operation in June.
Yamaha test rider Crutchlow will also be reunited with his test team crew chief Silvano Galbusera, who was brought in to replace Esteban Garcia on Vinales’ side of the garage from the Catalan GP.
"It’s a privilege to be a part of Yamaha and to do what originally was supposed to be three races for Sepang Racing, but the plans have changed," said Crutchlow.

With Morbidelli still out injured, SRT will call on its Moto2 rider Jake Dixon to take the Italian’s place for Silverstone aboard the ‘A-spec’ M1.
Britain’s Dixon made his grand prix debut in the Moto2 class at Silverstone in 2017 as a replacement rider at Intact GP, with the former British Superbike rider and race winner making his full-time Moto2 debut in 2019.

Personally I can't see either rider making any impact on the results, but you never know and I wish them both the very best of luck.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Aug 2021, 23:00 (Ref:4070566)   #235
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Double post
Old 27 Aug 2021, 07:49 (Ref:4070606)   #236
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wish Cal the best of luck, great to have him back. Just hope we hear the end of the Vinales saga
Old 29 Aug 2021, 16:52 (Ref:4070978)   #237
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Well done Quartararo in GB.
Old 30 Aug 2021, 08:06 (Ref:4071134)   #238
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Well done Quartararo in GB.
Yup, Fabio just had too much for the rest of them today.
Rins with a desperately needed podium and second, with Aleish hanging on for KTM's first podium ahead of Miller who just missed out on getting 3 rd place done.

Marquez did a Hamilton, but did not get a red flag.
Old 30 Aug 2021, 09:16 (Ref:4071145)   #239
S griffin
Veteran

Thanks to ITV for showing it live, even if I had to watch it on record later due to watching the BTCC. Meant, like with the French GP, I could enjoy watching the race without knowing who won

Fabio is really looking good for the title on the strength of that ride. I know there is still quite a way to go, but I feel only an act of god can prevent taking the title now.

Great ride from Aleix on that Aprillia to get them their first podium, especially after that great battle with Miller. Maverick must be rubbing his hands with glee after seeing that result

Marquez's incident with Martin looked a bit of a revenge move for what Martin did at Stowe, at least initially, but looking at the replay, he just misjudged the switchback. His brother Alex looked great in the race

Really painful to see Rossi slip back after qualifying 8th and getting high as 6th in the race, before dropping back to not even finishing in the points. Unless he had a problem with his bike, that is really worrying to see. Bagnaia also seemed to be in trouble with his Ducati after slipping back
Old 30 Aug 2021, 17:11 (Ref:4071235)   #240
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Really painful to see Rossi slip back after qualifying 8th and getting high as 6th in the race, before dropping back to not even finishing in the points. Unless he had a problem with his bike, that is really worrying to see. Bagnaia also seemed to be in trouble with his Ducati after slipping back
Rossi had tyre problems..... his being on the pace this weekend was all done with the hard rear tyre and everything revolved around using that for the race.
Unfortunately by race time the temperatures were so low compared to practice and qualy that the hard tyre could not be used as it would not have been able to get it "into the window".... thus Rossi ended up having to use a medium rear tyre. This was shot after a few laps and in terms of pace Rossi lost over 4 seconds per lap from the start / early laps pace to that of the final laps.
That is the official word....
https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...rance/6657164/

Great race from Quartararo again. He seems to have grown in maturity this year and is using his brain. Hard to beat....plus he no longer needs to risk finishes for wins, and can relax to ensure he finishes with decent points every race, then its job done.
Old 31 Aug 2021, 09:01 (Ref:4071338)   #241
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good observations re: Rossi, I hadn't realized the tyre issue.
Old 31 Aug 2021, 19:45 (Ref:4071417)   #242
S griffin
Veteran

Seconded on the Rossi info. Shame for him, but at least we know it wasn’t really his fault

Fabio is quite rightly not thinking about the championship yet. Of course he won’t do anything stupid, but he needs to keep maximising points in case something goes wrong
Old 5 Sep 2021, 07:10 (Ref:4072107)   #243
thetormentor
Racer

Australia
Central Coast NSW
thetormentor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Miller on the Insert Sport Here podcast

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1435900/9...?download=true
Old 14 Sep 2021, 13:51 (Ref:4073840)   #244
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super win for Bagnaia over MM at Aragon after a real scrap and what strange situation with Vinales "test" riding the Aprilia at the back of the field, just can't imagine such a bizarre occurring in F1 whereby a contracted rider is booted out for a major misdemeanour and rides out with an entirely different team a couple of races later.
Old 14 Sep 2021, 15:19 (Ref:4073866)   #245
S griffin
Veteran

Nice to see Bagnaia getting his first win. Nice to see Marquez give him a run for his money. Fabio still has a big lead though

Don’t feel strange about Vinales, I’m just glad the saga with Yamaha is over, it got boring after a while, all that talk of ‘will he/won’t he’ after he got suspended by Yamaha
Old 20 Sep 2021, 09:14 (Ref:4074770)   #246
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and the second .. and again with some pressure

Ciao Marco
Old 23 Sep 2021, 18:39 (Ref:4075190)   #247
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Yep convincing 2nd win for Pecco, impressive ride at the end with no rear rubber left. I really thought FQ would get him in the closing laps but he's got designs on the bigger prize.
In moto2, evidently if you want a ride next year you'll need £700,000 in your back pocket just to be considered, the world's one mad.

Last edited by justracing; 23 Sep 2021 at 18:49.
Old 24 Sep 2021, 08:29 (Ref:4075233)   #248
S griffin
Veteran

Bagnaia really is coming on strong. However FQ still looks a shoe in for the title
Old 24 Sep 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4075240)   #249
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Bagnaia really is coming on strong. However FQ still looks a shoe in for the title
Funny, I thought I said that.
Old 24 Sep 2021, 09:58 (Ref:4075246)   #250
S griffin
Veteran

Funny, I was only saying what I thought