Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Mar 2021, 23:06 (Ref:4038111)   #26
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think we have been moved to a more grass-like area with the new plan. Last year the space across 10A from you was taken from camping and made a corral and actually had no camping signs. If they start forcing everyone to "camping areas" some one in the office will likely end up hurt. I think it is coming from well above the track people so I try not to give Adam too much grief, just let me know how much it sucks.

Especially since Michelin money went to fancy flowering fruit trees, gardenias and camilias instead of bolts to hold the toilets to the ground or vaccum flush so they don't get backed up. But good news, the water is so hot it burns the dirt and sweat off of you in the showers.
Old 3 Mar 2021, 12:29 (Ref:4038242)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just hope you get enough space at the new campsite. It needs to be an improvement on the old. But like you I can see problems. I just hope things are sorted out beforehand so everyone can enjoy the racing without worrying about things like space

It's a shame really that the spectators tend to have been neglected, hopefully the facilities can be improved in the future
Old 4 Mar 2021, 21:00 (Ref:4038766)   #28
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And now the race has been moved back a month:

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/v...le-mans-clash/

This is unsatisfactory.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 23:10 (Ref:4038808)   #29
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quit yer btchn' you'll attend and you'll like it.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 00:35 (Ref:4038816)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Blummin’ ‘eck. Although it increases the chance of people coming over for it.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4038968)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I'm sure there will still be a big crowd, no reason why this season should be different from other years apart from 2020
Old 5 Mar 2021, 22:05 (Ref:4039090)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Heard from a guy on a jobsite that Talladega is limiting camping this year and attendance. It's a long ways off, but I hope that doesn't happen at PLM.
Old 5 Mar 2021, 23:29 (Ref:4039100)   #33
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Heard from a guy on a jobsite that Talladega is limiting camping this year and attendance. It's a long ways off, but I hope that doesn't happen at PLM.
I think by the time Petit rolls around Georgia won't require anything so they'll open it up.

Have to wonder what ticket sales have done to their decision to block out seats with a reason other than no one wants to buy
Old 6 Mar 2021, 00:19 (Ref:4039113)   #34
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think by the time Petit rolls around Georgia won't require anything so they'll open it up.

Have to wonder what ticket sales have done to their decision to block out seats with a reason other than no one wants to buy
They didnt last year with the Post Man being the "mass spreader" event.

I still laugh at that. The hipster trash man and Mark.
Old 6 Mar 2021, 01:17 (Ref:4039118)   #35
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I forgot about hipster trash man
Old 11 Mar 2021, 19:35 (Ref:4039947)   #36
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone besides me heading to Sebring next week?
We're heading out on Monday. Going to crash at our friend's beach house on Pine Island for a couple days then head on down to the track early Wednesday after picking up the RV.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 20:53 (Ref:4039978)   #37
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
Anyone besides me heading to Sebring next week?
We're heading out on Monday. Going to crash at our friend's beach house on Pine Island for a couple days then head on down to the track early Wednesday after picking up the RV.
I wish!

You are renting an RV eh? do you have an rv spot reserved on the fenceline? I always wanted to do that at Sebring, and sit up on the roof watching everything. I imagine you could see most of the track from up there.
Old 11 Mar 2021, 21:10 (Ref:4039985)   #38
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I wish!

You are renting an RV eh? do you have an rv spot reserved on the fenceline? I always wanted to do that at Sebring, and sit up on the roof watching everything. I imagine you could see most of the track from up there.
We have one reserved spot on the turn 3 fence.
We also have the main compound setup in greenpark close to the walk over bridge.
Total of 2 RVs and a smattering of tents/canopies.

Old 11 Mar 2021, 23:57 (Ref:4040028)   #39
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Nice, the plumbing repairs ruined my fall surprise of buying a camper. Since I have the rv spot I figured maybe I'll look. Good God new popups and travel trailers are pricey
Old 12 Mar 2021, 02:31 (Ref:4040034)   #40
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
We also have the main compound setup in greenpark close to the walk over bridge.
Damn, that rv with stair access to the roof is awesome! Because as i typed my previous message i thought about my drunk ass falling off while trying to climb down a ladder!
Old 16 Mar 2021, 12:59 (Ref:4040807)   #41
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:

Hellz yeah!!

Enjoy!!
Old 30 Mar 2021, 15:48 (Ref:4043932)   #42
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
For those who made the TransAm race at Road Atlanta over the weekend, how did the stakeout of the RV spaces look? Will there still be space to camp in the rear? (phrasing boom)
Old 30 Mar 2021, 17:34 (Ref:4043953)   #43
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The joeb campsite is now off site so you may be screwed or ask the usual neighbors nicely. Our side of the tree is the dividing line, the map was garbage and well off. Should be plenty of room otherwise and space to park everyone leMans echelon style along the road to tick off the Saturday only people.
Old 30 Mar 2021, 20:59 (Ref:4043975)   #44
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
The joeb campsite is now off site so you may be screwed or ask the usual neighbors nicely. Our side of the tree is the dividing line, the map was garbage and well off. Should be plenty of room otherwise and space to park everyone leMans echelon style along the road to tick off the Saturday only people.
Thanks, I don't need to camp under the tree, but if the tree is blocking half a spot I don't see how anybody could park a camper there?
Old 30 Mar 2021, 22:40 (Ref:4043992)   #45
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Thanks, I don't need to camp under the tree, but if the tree is blocking half a spot I don't see how anybody could park a camper there?
Hey, don't point out the flaws in the system
Old 3 Apr 2021, 14:52 (Ref:4044478)   #46
S griffin
Veteran

I’m sure people can find a way around it
Old 3 Apr 2021, 20:59 (Ref:4044510)   #47
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
For those who made the TransAm race at Road Atlanta over the weekend, how did the stakeout of the RV spaces look? Will there still be space to camp in the rear? (phrasing boom)
We have roughly 150 feet of frontage on the road. That's not a joke.
Old 4 Apr 2021, 09:10 (Ref:4044557)   #48
S griffin
Veteran

Wow that's a lot!
Old 4 Apr 2021, 13:12 (Ref:4044591)   #49
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Yeah, when I saw it last weekend, I thought it was a joke
Old 6 Apr 2021, 00:45 (Ref:4044759)   #50
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
That is pretty awesome, but didn't we have the same in the past for less money?