Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Sep 2021, 02:48 (Ref:4073983)   #51
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Also given the later sunset at that time of year, talk of Ch7 and Fox pushing for a midday 1000k race start time for a prime time finish and the ratings that go with that.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/09/15...-on-the-cards/
Old 15 Sep 2021, 02:56 (Ref:4073984)   #52
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crowds... or no crowds... that is the question...!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Sep 2021, 04:40 (Ref:4073995)   #53
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Crowds... or no crowds... that is the question...!
I mean who would book......Surely only locals. Couldnt trust Rona not to destroy the event and your invested funds sadly

In saying that, what a awesome event
Old 15 Sep 2021, 05:14 (Ref:4073997)   #54
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Also given the later sunset at that time of year, talk of Ch7 and Fox pushing for a midday 1000k race start time for a prime time finish and the ratings that go with that.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/09/15...-on-the-cards/
Maybe I'm just getting grumpy as I get older but personally I really hate this continual need to push the race start time further and further back - should return to 10:00 and be done with it. The rhythm of the race itself and the lead in days all work better with 10:00 IMHO.

Plus, only a question of time before this "later and later" flog bites them hard in the nether regions - what if there's solid rain, fog and some track break-up? Could start at 12 but run out of time to get the race finished before dark, so we'd end up with a bloody time-certain finish, for the biggest race and last race of the year - not a good look.
Old 15 Sep 2021, 06:41 (Ref:4074004)   #55
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The later the finish the more risk of the afternoon thunderstorm to wreak havoc on the event.

What about people that drive home after the event, like back to Melbourne?

Lets keep it a 10am start.
Old 15 Sep 2021, 07:37 (Ref:4074009)   #56
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Maybe I'm just getting grumpy as I get older but personally I really hate this continual need to push the race start time further and further back - should return to 10:00 and be done with it. The rhythm of the race itself and the lead in days all work better with 10:00 IMHO.

Plus, only a question of time before this "later and later" flog bites them hard in the nether regions - what if there's solid rain, fog and some track break-up? Could start at 12 but run out of time to get the race finished before dark, so we'd end up with a bloody time-certain finish, for the biggest race and last race of the year - not a good look.
As someone who goes to the race every year and drives back to Sydney after it ends it really annoys me too.However I have come to accept that actual live spectators are not an important consideration to them in comparison with the wishes of the tv networks.If the networks want it going into prime time it will.
Also regarding your time certain scenario when 7 took back the rights in 2007 a time certain finish was written into the supp regs.It stayed there until ,luckily and coincidentally ,2014.That would have been the first year it would have come into play.Since then there is no time certain provision in the supp regs but with a 1pm start they would nearly need working headlights to cover all scenarios!
Old 15 Sep 2021, 09:06 (Ref:4074026)   #57
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post

What about people that drive home after the event, like back to Melbourne?
They'll be too busy making an application to return back to Victoria.
Old 15 Sep 2021, 09:16 (Ref:4074031)   #58
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Im looking forward to a great week and if we are allowed I might even make my way to the mountain.
It will be great exposure for the ARG categories too.

I get fed up with the people who complain about supercars not being "the cars we drive" bring it back to production, etc
ARG has been doing it for a while and these whingers wont look at it.
Well when they turn on the 1000 week this year they will have no excuse. Maybe they should have slotted in a few APC races too. Or bathurst 6 hour or v8 touring car class races.

Cant wait to see s5000 on the mount! Actually cant wait to see it all
And If a midday 1000 start means the support acts get a good look in and coverage on race day morning win win!

it doesnt get dark til about 8 30 or later in december. If they cant do 1000km in 8 hours or so something is wrong
Old 15 Sep 2021, 11:31 (Ref:4074061)   #59
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
As someone who goes to the race every year and drives back to Sydney after it ends it really annoys me too.However I have come to accept that actual live spectators are not an important consideration to them in comparison with the wishes of the tv networks.If the networks want it going into prime time it will.
Also regarding your time certain scenario when 7 took back the rights in 2007 a time certain finish was written into the supp regs.It stayed there until ,luckily and coincidentally ,2014.That would have been the first year it would have come into play.Since then there is no time certain provision in the supp regs but with a 1pm start they would nearly need working headlights to cover all scenarios!
There was a time certain finish in the channel 10 days too from 1997-2006, they used to mention it before the race start every year. It was a marked difference from the traditional 1000 under Channel 7 which was never time certain
Old 15 Sep 2021, 12:20 (Ref:4074069)   #60
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
There was a time certain finish in the channel 10 days too from 1997-2006, they used to mention it before the race start every year. It was a marked difference from the traditional 1000 under Channel 7 which was never time certain
It must have allowed plenty of time given that the 2000 race went for 7 hours and 23 minutes and watching the telecast again not too long ago they never mentioned in the safety car periods before the end that they were in danger of having to go time certain.
The 7 time certain finish was 5.30 after a 10.30 start.While 2000 was the only time the race ran more than 7 hours in the “10 decade” from 97 to 06 there were 4 other years it came within 10 minutes of doing that.Once in 2006 within 30 seconds.While I don’t doubt you and having always been at the race and only copying the actual race part of the telecast I can tell you for sure they never once mentioned they might have to go time certain during the actual race part of the telecast.The time certain must have been at least 8 hours.
Old 15 Sep 2021, 23:05 (Ref:4074146)   #61
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No doubt Caligula(aka Seamer) will welcome the fans to the colosseum for an orgy of motorsport.
Old 16 Sep 2021, 08:11 (Ref:4074176)   #62
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Winton officially cancelled. No surprises there.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/09/16...nt-called-off/
Old 17 Sep 2021, 04:30 (Ref:4074303)   #63
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So then, theres not racing planned until mid November?

Dont bother, just call it and do bathurst
Old 17 Sep 2021, 06:06 (Ref:4074307)   #64
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
So then, theres not racing planned until mid November?

Dont bother, just call it and do bathurst

The calendar of events on Supercars website is pushing alleged events on dates TBC at venues TBA and the first confirmed being the Sydney Supernight as you say Nov19-21.... (10 days before the Bathurst Festival starts.)

Its a bit sad and almost embarrassing.... all it highlights is a lot of straw clutching at SC HQ

This is officially what we look forward to.... Never seen so many TBA's and TBC and basically "Havent got a clue" indicators.

Quote:
DATE TBC
TBA
TBC

CATEGORIES
Repco Supercars Championship

DATE TBC
TBA
TBC

CATEGORIES

DATE TBC
TBA
TBC

CATEGORIES

NOV 19 - 21
Beaurepaires Sydney SuperNight
Sydney Motorsport Park - Eastern Creek, NSW
CATEGORIES

NOV 30 - 05
Repco Bathurst 1000
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit - Bathurst, NSW
CATEGORIES
Repco Supercars Championship / Dunlop Super2 Series
https://www.supercars.com/calendar/
Old 18 Sep 2021, 02:21 (Ref:4074433)   #65
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Its a bit sad and almost embarrassing.... all it highlights is a lot of straw clutching at SC HQ

This is officially what we look forward to.... Never seen so many TBA's and TBC and basically "Havent got a clue" indicators.

https://www.supercars.com/calendar/

Given the inconsistencies amongst the various state leaders around Australia, it would seem to be very brave to criticise an organisation that is trying to crystal ball the thought patterns of decision-makers who seem bungled in their own thoughts, decision, and direction.

A brave critic might consider turning up with their saddle and bridle and getting on a horse and riding with them, rather than criticising a multi-faceted chaos outside of their control, and that could be seen to be both helpful and positive
Old 18 Sep 2021, 05:13 (Ref:4074445)   #66
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Given the inconsistencies amongst the various state leaders around Australia, it would seem to be very brave to criticise an organisation that is trying to crystal ball the thought patterns of decision-makers who seem bungled in their own thoughts, decision, and direction.

A brave critic might consider turning up with their saddle and bridle and getting on a horse and riding with them, rather than criticising a multi-faceted chaos outside of their control, and that could be seen to be both helpful and positive
I agree and I dont envy their job for one second, and I respect the difficulty of their ever changing situation.... my point was more rather than fill a calendar with venues, events, and dates etc filled with TBA / TBC it might look better to say nothing until they have something more tangible to say. Leave it as the we (SC) are in constant discussions (that they clearly are) and when they know more announce it then.
Old 18 Sep 2021, 21:17 (Ref:4074512)   #67
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So true E.B
Speak to the man on the street about their "plans" for the next few weeks and most will say they're not even confident about knowing what's happening tomorrow.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 23 Sep 2021, 07:18 (Ref:4075102)   #68
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
quadruple header at SMP?
https://www.motorsport.com/v8superca...swing/6672780/
Old 23 Sep 2021, 11:41 (Ref:4075126)   #69
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame. I mean, good that the season would be able to continue but four rounds (12 races) at the same track is certainly too much. Shame Australia still can't find a better way to deal with coronavirus.
Old 23 Sep 2021, 12:40 (Ref:4075136)   #70
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Obviously Supercars didn't wave enough cash under Ana's nose.

I mean it's not like the Supercars drivers are going to snort coke or bring hookers into their rooms like the NRL guys.

And then the CHO get's grumpy and "threatens to consider cancelling" their health exemption... But the cheque already cleared.

But no, it's about the health advice.

i guess they need to be in NSW for Bathurst, but Victoria would be a better place to be, you have Winton, PI, Sandown.

PI then Sandown then Bathurst? But I guess the COVID numbers in Victoria are way worse than regional NSW at present. Sigh.
Old 24 Sep 2021, 00:51 (Ref:4075211)   #71
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Supercars has a 12-round threshold it needs to hit to fulfil contractual obligations with broadcasters Foxtel and the Seven Network." I would say that Seamer has not got a Get out of jail free card in the contract which makes it difficult getting the job done as time is running out.
one hellava life
Old 24 Sep 2021, 01:40 (Ref:4075213)   #72
leothedrummer
Racer

leothedrummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't mind seeing races run on the other SMSP configurations.

And can they change the weekend format? We were originally going to be having longer races at Surfers, is there any reason it can't just happen at SMSP instead?

The 300km races there were the best ones anyway...
Old 24 Sep 2021, 06:38 (Ref:4075217)   #73
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Obviously Supercars didn't wave enough cash under Ana's
Do Supercars have any money to wave?

It’s been an expensive 18 months, and we are mid-sale, I can’t imagine Archer is letting any more $$$ flow than necessary at the moment
Old 24 Sep 2021, 06:57 (Ref:4075218)   #74
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Do Supercars have any money to wave?

It’s been an expensive 18 months, and we are mid-sale, I can’t imagine Archer is letting any more $$$ flow than necessary at the moment
At this stage no progress has been announced on whether the sale has even begun.
Old 24 Sep 2021, 07:21 (Ref:4075224)   #75
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
cant wait til TBC so I can go to TBA