Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Oct 2000, 11:46 (Ref:44931)   #1
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a few suggestions to improve RPM but I should give credit to the fact we at least have a weekly motorsport show and feel we should all thank Avesco, woops I meant channel 10 for not ignoring the motorsport community like Channel 9 !!!!! Do they have shares in FOX ???
Anyway , back to suggestions... Could we start with the public firing of John Smailes for number 1 ? I'm sure Makkinen wouldn't argue with that one.
And no more Bazza for two...
And for my third suggestion, how about the end of the trackside interviews with the 3 stooges!!!! Maybe they could rename it the 3 loosers!!!!
Please let me know what you all think..
Old 26 Oct 2000, 12:29 (Ref:44955)   #2
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To begin with, don't remove Baz only let him talk about bikes..which is what he knows.

As for the 3 stooges, they were excellent last year and merely good this year. It comes down to who is stooge #3 really. But don't know what is happening with that with Crompton leaving FTR.

Agreed that they need a replacement for Smailes, but who knows rallying better and can do the media bit?
Old 26 Oct 2000, 13:50 (Ref:44975)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I havent watched alot of RPM this year but I do agree that Smailes should go and only letting barry talk about bikes is the best idea I have ever heard.

I really dont know why I havent watched it this year but I have lost interest in it maybe because they mainly concentrate on whats going on on channel 10 and dont cover the whole of motorsport but as you say Alan at least we have a weekly show.

one thing though ...why have you choosen alan jones as your nick name ???????
Old 26 Oct 2000, 15:00 (Ref:44995)   #4
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guys,

ther is nothing that an Uzzi and a roof top could not fix. Brack the miastro (me you fools) and Mike (pass the donuts_) Raymend.................
Old 26 Oct 2000, 22:45 (Ref:45092)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly! I say we pass a hat around to raise some money so we can buy a shovel to dig Mike Raymond out of his grave. He even made the ASTC last year....well i was going to say exciting....but i can't really. Ummm, well i guess if it were possible, I would have turned down the picture and turned up the commentry.

It's a shame he gave it away, but I guess his "Raymondisms" were becoming fairly common.

Who would you have between Rust and Raymond??

Oh, he isn't dead yet, sorry Mike...
Old 26 Oct 2000, 22:57 (Ref:45096)   #6
Alan Jones
Veteran

Well Marcus, AJ is such a nice , unassumming and unopinionated sort of guy, know what I mean???
Old 27 Oct 2000, 00:54 (Ref:45122)   #7
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought it was because no one would know who you were. Ya couldn't drive out of sight in a V8...

And you once were quoted as saying something like "that Falcon of Moffatt's is illegal, illegal, beacuse he sure ain't a two second better a lap driver than I am"

Ya Ya, 4 Bathursts to how many F1 Championships?
Old 27 Oct 2000, 08:59 (Ref:45146)   #8
Alan Jones
Veteran

Mr Moffatt,
seems like you've had one too many of those Vitamins from your old sponsor.Plus , I make that 3 wins and one order to John Goss that you'd castrate him if he didn't slow down and let you finish first. You and your mate Brock both have a win or two that were hardly straightforward.. Still , most of the general public forgets don't they?????
So, how many Cenovis does it take to get ****faced??
Old 27 Oct 2000, 09:49 (Ref:45152)   #9
Airhead
Veteran

Dear Allan,

You have the gall to pick me on my number of Bathurst wins then complain that I did a no hoper called "Johnny Goss" out of a win.

For the record, I won in '72 then Goss in the McLoad Ford Falcon XA GT won in a very wet race. The race I believe you are thinking off was in 1977. The most glorious of vixtories that it has only recently taken those nancy boys in their Ferrari's to emmulate. That is a 1-2 for the team. The second place driver was (envelope please) Colin Bond of roll cage fame.
Old 27 Oct 2000, 10:36 (Ref:45157)   #10
Alan Jones
Veteran

DOH!!!!
You Are Right
Istand corrected you canadian nancyboy. Is it true you and Peter wherrett still swap dress designs and ladies briefs???
Oh, and by the way, 1 f1 championship is worth 100 wins at bathurst. Whose you're Daddy
Old 27 Oct 2000, 10:51 (Ref:45159)   #11
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I guess both of you folk have experience with BBQs at Bathurst...try 81 and 96...although Jonsey, yours was better
Old 27 Oct 2000, 10:53 (Ref:45161)   #12
Airhead
Veteran

Seeing as I didn't race F1, couldn't see the fine print on the ticket to get OS. And you did try to race at Bathurst - ya ya I win!!! Mate ya couldn't win a chook raffle!

You are so bad ya have ta spend every second Sunday night with Darrel (I only mix with people who know CRP) Eastlake.

You couldn't win in a Ford so ya went to a Commodore. But wait, no one has ever seen the car in the light of day. Sorry, winning one world championship is nothing, good golly miss Molly, that German **** has won three. How many Bathursts has he won???????
Old 1 Nov 2000, 11:57 (Ref:46177)   #13
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Back on topic, RPM would be improved by separating it into 2 half hour shows, one for bikes and one for cars, alot of people only like one or the other.

For goodness sake please don't bring back Mike Raymond, the man was a gibbering moron who didn't know **** from clay, only Daryl Eastlake is worse.

Moffat won two Bathurst's under team orders, don't forget '71 when teammate Bruce McPhee was ordered to concede to Moffat. "Bathurst is worth more than a world championship," you've got to be kidding , I'm a proud Aussie and i love Bathurst, but hey a world champ is a WORLD champ, Bathurst doesn't mean a whole lot to 99% of the world's racing fans.
Old 2 Nov 2000, 11:09 (Ref:46335)   #14
Airhead
Veteran

Dear David,

1. McPhee ran out of brakes and I won fair and square,
2. Don't get all superior with this "back on topic" BS
3. Lighten up
4. I agree it was hard to be pleasant to Mike in the dreary years of 12MN television.
5. AJ won a world championship so what is so hard about it (this was a poor attempt at humour)
6. Lighten up
7. I'm a 1%er
8. My record at Bathurst is better than AJ's or Schumacher's or that bloody **** Plato.
9. With regard to Plato, November will prove me right again.
10. I have always disliked Allan Grice........
Old 2 Nov 2000, 11:16 (Ref:46337)   #15
Airhead
Veteran

Moffat won two Bathurst's under team orders

David,

nearly forgot - when you own your own team and your the one paying the bills you can win under your own orders. In short, Moffatt won in car 1 as he owned the team. Please see above comments on HDT tactics of the same period.
Old 2 Nov 2000, 11:25 (Ref:46342)   #16
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
There is a very interesting article on this subject in the latest version of MRA...
Old 5 Nov 2000, 09:19 (Ref:46777)   #17
Airhead
Veteran

For goodness sake please don't bring back Mike Raymond, the man was a gibbering moron

David

Harsh words indeed but we may have found some common ground. Now, all of you go and read Motor Racing Australia for the Moffatt article as suggested by Crash Test (the cheques' in the mail).

Allan
Old 5 Nov 2000, 12:40 (Ref:46809)   #18
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wasn't being superior with my back on topic comment, I wasn't even telling you where to go, I was simply announcing where I was going, maybe YOU should lighten up.

I know I was harsh on Mike Raymond, but hey the fool deserves, jeez I reckon I could do a better job!
Old 5 Nov 2000, 13:02 (Ref:46811)   #19
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
I know you could do a better job