Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 31 Aug 2014, 04:41 (Ref:3449170)   #26
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It has been a great race so far. Not too much drama but good side-by-side racing.

Castroneves is a lap down now so this is definitely Power's championship to lose.
Old 31 Aug 2014, 04:57 (Ref:3449171)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Finally! Congrats to Will Power and of course congrate to TK.
Old 31 Aug 2014, 04:58 (Ref:3449172)   #28
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well done Power. Yeah, there was a bit of screw up in the pits but he always fairly comfortable. Good job Kanaan.
Old 31 Aug 2014, 05:01 (Ref:3449174)   #29
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Power finally did it. I can feel it from here, that was an exhausting race. Finally got the weight off his shoulders.

And congrats to TK for winning the race, hope that boosts his chances of keeping his seat
Old 31 Aug 2014, 05:02 (Ref:3449176)   #30
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Power finally gets one and Helio still has a smile on his face, good to see.

And TK finally got that win...a good way to wrap up the season...in August.
Old 31 Aug 2014, 05:02 (Ref:3449177)   #31
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pure relief there for Power! I wonder how he'll go now that he has actually done it, genie out of the bottle?
Old 31 Aug 2014, 08:46 (Ref:3449238)   #32
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Team Penske for the 1-2 sweep of the championship. They were strong. Will Power finally redeems himself after Fontana 2012. This time Will Power was genuinely strong, but also careful. To start from the last position and charge so comfortably to the front of field is not something you see every race.
Old 31 Aug 2014, 10:29 (Ref:3449261)   #33
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone a list of all teams ending the championship in 1-2 and in which year?
Old 31 Aug 2014, 15:01 (Ref:3449274)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For the record and for the last time this season:

Pos Driver Team/Engine Time/Gap

1. Tony Kanaan Ganassi/Chevy 2h32m58.4659s
2. Scott Dixon Ganassi/Chevy +3.6750s
3. Ed Carpenter Carpenter/Chevy +7.3053s
4. Juan Pablo Montoya Penske/Chevy +7.9238s
5. James Hinchcliffe Andretti/Honda +11.8858s
6. Takuma Sato Foyt/Honda +12.6887s
7. Ryan Briscoe Ganassi/Chevy +16.5113s
8. Carlos Munoz Andretti/Honda +23.2807s
9. Will Power Penske/Chevy +28.3456s
10. Josef Newgarden Fisher/Honda +32.1856s
11. Marco Andretti Andretti/Honda -1 lap
12. Charlie Kimball Ganassi/Chevy -1 lap
13. Justin Wilson Coyne/Honda -1 lap
14. Helio Castroneves Penske/Chevy -1 lap
15. Jack Hawksworth Herta/Honda -1 lap
16. Ryan Hunter-Reay Andretti/Honda -2 laps
17. Sebastian Saavedra KV/Chevy -2 laps
18. Sebastien Bourdais KV/Chevy -5 laps
19. Graham Rahal Rahal/Honda -6 laps
20. Simon Pagenaud Schmidt/Honda -7 laps

Retirements:
Carlos Huertas Coyne/Honda 21 laps
Old 31 Aug 2014, 15:27 (Ref:3449280)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Update on Aleshin:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115642
Old 31 Aug 2014, 17:40 (Ref:3449297)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
Has anyone a list of all teams ending the championship in 1-2 and in which year?
CART
1979, Rick Mears and Bobby Unser, Team Penske
1981, Rick Mears and Bill Alsup, Team Penske
1994, Al Unser, Jr. and Emerson Fittipaldi, Team Penske
1998, Alex Zanardi and Jimmy Vasser, Target Chip Ganassi

CCWS
2004, Sebastien Bourdais and Bruno Junqueira, Newman/Haas Racing
2005, Sebastien Bourdais and Oriol ServiÃ*, Newman/Haas Racing

IRL
2004, Tony Kanaan and Dan Wheldon, Andretti Green Racing
2004, Dan Wheldon and Tony Kanaan, Andretti Green Racing
2009, Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon, Target Chip Ganassi

I couldn't find anything on USAC.
Old 31 Aug 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3449299)   #37
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Congratulations to Will Power. I hope that he gets recognition as a true IndyCar champion.

I feel sad for Hélio. He really deserves a championship, but he seems to keep making mistakes.

I think that the championship fight was thrilling, but the race was very boring. IndyCar should tweak the car to make it more interesting.
Old 31 Aug 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3449304)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Congratulations to Will Power. I hope that he gets recognition as a true IndyCar champion.

I feel sad for Hélio. He really deserves a championship, but he seems to keep making mistakes.

I think that the championship fight was thrilling, but the race was very boring. IndyCar should tweak the car to make it more interesting.
IndyCar's introducing aero-kits, so hopefully that should provide enough tweaks.
Old 31 Aug 2014, 20:17 (Ref:3449336)   #39
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done to Will for finally wrapping it up, a shame for Helio but Will was stronger overall. The massive improvement Will's made on ovals has made the difference in the end. Agreed that the race was dull, hopefully we're in for better 500-milers in 2015 and beyond.

Good that Aleshin should make a full recovery, very frightening crash.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 00:14 (Ref:3449365)   #40
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congratulations to Will Power! I knew he'd get one eventually, after 3 runnerups.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 13:48 (Ref:3449491)   #41
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found that very entertaining - some good wheel to wheel racing (Hunter-Reay vs. Kanaan for example). I am very pleased (and pleasantly surprised) that it wasn't a repeat of last year's crash- and attrition-fest.

Big congrats to Power - I thought he'd lost his mind in the middle when he pushed out to first place, but wow did he do a good job dealing with a super-loose car after the last pit stop. Whoever turned that wing adjustment the wrong way needs to be given a stern talking to by the Captain, probably.

Power really looked shattered after the race - completely wiped out but happy. Hope he's catching up on sleep now.

And good to see TK get the win and the 2014 monkey of his back. Surprised he didn't say anything in congrats to Will Power in the post-race interview but I guess he was just happy about the win.

All in all, a great ending to a highly entertaining IndyCar season. Bravo.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 19:13 (Ref:3449785)   #42
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
IndyCar
0.18 rating NBCSN 9:00 pm Saturday Fontana CA (-18% from 0.22 last year)
Old 3 Sep 2014, 02:18 (Ref:3449870)   #43
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pitiful ratings. I guess I was one of the dozen people that just watched the replay on nbcsn.

Still can't believe Will Power hasn't already won the championship. The ovals used to be his Achilles heel, but doesn't look that way anymore.

As much as he has gotten under my skin lately, Will Power is deserving of this championship. Congrats to him and Penske.
Old 3 Sep 2014, 02:25 (Ref:3449873)   #44
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, they missed the NFL and Nascar. They did, however, race on the opening day of college football. I watched every race this season and missed the finale.

I think Will deserved it too. I also agree that he has made it difficult to support him throughout his career. Like an Aussie Rusty Wallace.
Old 4 Sep 2014, 21:00 (Ref:3450357)   #45
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Other than Aleshin's crash (which I really don't want to see again, he's a good driver and completely deserves his spot in the series regardless of money, I hope he makes a quick recovery), I enjoyed that race. It's just depressing that nobody really watches this any more. Yes, there are tweaks that I'd make, but basically the series isn't bad? It's just hard to see where they can go from there.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 04:43 (Ref:3450453)   #46
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Did I hear correctly that it was broadcast from 10.20pm?