Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Sep 2019, 10:23 (Ref:3930730)   #526
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Super GT file magazine reports the future of JAF-GT300/MC.

*JAF-GT300MC's GTA engine will be discontinued by 2020.
*Even in JAF-GT300, there is no balanced next-gen engine.
*The aerodynamic performance of GT3 vehicles is evolving and there is a big gap compared to JAF-GT300/MC.

*Takeshi Tsuchiya is looking for an engine for the next-gen MC.
A large-displacement turbo engine is being considered, but it is a bottleneck to have it supplied as non-brand.
*Current JAF-GT300/MC has too less downforce, so it cannot be handled by a gentleman driver.

*The minimum weight should be raised to around 1200 kg and the power should be raised to around 500 hp.
*New engine/monocoque must be highly versatile and contribute to cost reduction.
*Create an environment where you can make things, and train next-gen mechanic, engineers.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 10:39 (Ref:3930732)   #527
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Super GT file magazine's reports <Other news>

*Unveiled NSX-GT was a show car that was manufactured using mid-ship monocoque.
Therefore, the actual race car may have a different design.

*For SGT/DTM dream race, a rolling start might be adopted because of the engine-mapping of SGT vehicle.

*Masaaki Bandoh (GTA) says that BoP in the dream race is unavoidable even if it becomes somewhat advantageous to DTM for the first time. He wants to make it a successful event.

*Logistics costs for exchange races are paid in half for both GTA and ITR.
Old 29 Sep 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3930860)   #528
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A new engine for Mother Chassis cars, huh? I hope that the new engine would be reliable and faster so it can keep up with GT3 cars.

On the other hand, the Class One plus alpha specs will be used for Super GT races, while the common Class One specs will be used for the crossover race with DTM?
Old 30 Sep 2019, 03:19 (Ref:3930991)   #529
hvr777
Veteran

hvr777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
Super GT file magazine reports the future of JAF-GT300/MC.

*JAF-GT300MC's GTA engine will be discontinued by 2020.
*Even in JAF-GT300, there is no balanced next-gen engine.
*The aerodynamic performance of GT3 vehicles is evolving and there is a big gap compared to JAF-GT300/MC.

*Takeshi Tsuchiya is looking for an engine for the next-gen MC.
A large-displacement turbo engine is being considered, but it is a bottleneck to have it supplied as non-brand.
*Current JAF-GT300/MC has too less downforce, so it cannot be handled by a gentleman driver.

*The minimum weight should be raised to around 1200 kg and the power should be raised to around 500 hp.
*New engine/monocoque must be highly versatile and contribute to cost reduction.
*Create an environment where you can make things, and train next-gen mechanic, engineers.
I remember previously Tsuchiya stated that his team needs to be qualified in front rows because the car (86 MC) with its advantages & weaknesses, is difficult to fight back with GT3 cars especially on the straight line speeds.
Also, I always think about untapped potential of mid-engined #2 Syntium Apple Lotus, if only the team can field all-pro lineup.

"but it is a bottleneck to have it supplied as non-brand."
Does it mean the next engine has to be built as dedicated race engine & not derived from production-based engine?

Last edited by hvr777; 30 Sep 2019 at 03:40.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 06:01 (Ref:3931001)   #530
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
On the other hand, the Class One plus alpha specs will be used for Super GT races, while the common Class One specs will be used for the crossover race with DTM?
Yes.
However, it will not be a perfect equal condition.
-The capacity of the fuel tank in the monocoque is different.
-I don't think the SGT side will develop 350 bar spec class one engine.
Old 30 Sep 2019, 06:02 (Ref:3931002)   #531
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvr777 View Post
"but it is a bottleneck to have it supplied as non-brand."
Does it mean the next engine has to be built as dedicated race engine & not derived from production-based engine?
I mean that no manufacturer wants to supply its own engine with a non-brand (GTA badge).
Old 30 Sep 2019, 16:17 (Ref:3931124)   #532
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Huge thanks to JS for translation, as I've only started it and was a bit frustrated by my still kindergarten-level knowledge
I have a single question. How are they going to BoP a dtm stuff if anyone (Hitotsuyama for example) wants to use an Audi (for example) in GT500? Too much to balance after all. But it's better to have a proper GT500 machinery rather than dtm frozen to absolute zero.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 07:22 (Ref:3931237)   #533
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
I think SGT and DTM technical regulations will not be completely unified.
This is because it will take time to catch up rival if the same regulations are introduced later.
Therefore, they try to introduce something new tech ahead of rival (NRE engine, 350 bar spec DTM engine, Hybrid system, etc.).
Old 1 Oct 2019, 14:34 (Ref:3931305)   #534
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And they were talking about "Europeans can enter GT500 and Japanese - DTM". It would require a huge BoP even with all that "EB" "SP" common parts. I don't see it happen in the nearest future. But if it happens I hope Japanese Autosport will explain all the details of potential BoP and still will have detailed articles after every race, so we will be able to find out the real "balance".
As for dtm tech - they were using the same engine since 2000's. And "frozen" rules were presented a way ago. That 350 bar injection - it's known even in usual cars, as it's written in "Super GT files". So, I don't see any achievement in using this stuff. All in all, GT500 and JAF GT300 (I hope) will remain constructor's and engineer's heaven if to compare with dtm.
Old 1 Oct 2019, 15:51 (Ref:3931318)   #535
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
With the disparity between the Class 1 and the plus alpha, it makes me wonder if there's going to even be a crossover besides the one-off races. It seems unlikely they will develop two types of cars on either side unless there's a big customer who has money for development in Super GT. This makes me feel like this class one ruleset was a waste of time.
Old 2 Oct 2019, 08:27 (Ref:3931413)   #536
kaivo
Racer

Estonia
kaivo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kamui drives M4 DTM

Goolge Translate:

Quote:
[Notice] BMW participated in Super GT x DTM exchange game held in November

Kamui Kobayashi will participate in the Super GT x DTM special exchange game at Fuji Speedway on November 23rd and 24th from BMW Motorsport. This is the first time that Kamui has raced on a DTM vehicle. Thank you for your support. by web-team

Comment from Kamui Kobayashi

"First of all, I would like to thank BMW Motorsport for offering me the BMW M4 DTM for the first Super GT and DTM exchange event in Japan. Thank you to Toyota for giving me.

This is the first time that the BMW M4 DTM is actually driven, but the other day I visited the BMW Factory and the simulator is preparing as much as possible, such as testing for several hours. In the race, I want to get the best results with the BMW M4 DTM. I think this will be a very interesting event, so please support us. ”
Old 2 Oct 2019, 12:27 (Ref:3931461)   #537
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
https://www.as-web.jp/supergt/528098?all

Autosport web is reporting that the factor behind the victory of Craft Sports GTR (#3) was the advice of Hirate's wife.
Hirate's wife is Sendai native, and knew a certain legend.
It is "If Mt. Zao gets haze, it rains."
The team chose the grooved tires according to this legend.
Old 3 Oct 2019, 03:39 (Ref:3931617)   #538
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Good call!
Old 3 Oct 2019, 11:50 (Ref:3931675)   #539
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Is there any news about lap times? Why did Nissan stand in the garage for so long? Will it be standing start after all (as GT500 were practising it)?
Old 3 Oct 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3931765)   #540
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Autosport says (I'm writing by memory) "Whether GT500 were playing shamisen". Who can explain what this idiom stands for?
Old 3 Oct 2019, 22:07 (Ref:3931793)   #541
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
"Shamisen" means to hide his original performance intentionally.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 04:07 (Ref:3931845)   #542
TF110
Veteran

United States
In other words, sandbagging. I don't think so because these are new tires and track.
Old 4 Oct 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3931876)   #543
Baliwa
Racer

Baliwa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what general rules about Hockheim and Japan races?
aside only use 1 tire maker, I forget about DRS and P2P thing is banned or not?
Old 4 Oct 2019, 13:31 (Ref:3931899)   #544
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baliwa View Post
what general rules about Hockheim and Japan races?
aside only use 1 tire maker, I forget about DRS and P2P thing is banned or not?

GT500, thank heavens, do not have DRS or P2P. DTM are going to use this stuff in their race, but it would be unfair to use them at Fuji.
Old 5 Oct 2019, 10:15 (Ref:3932059)   #545
Svensson2152
Rookie

Svensson2152 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
GT500, thank heavens, do not have DRS or P2P. DTM are going to use this stuff in their race, but it would be unfair to use them at Fuji.
I just hope they can use their own tyres at Fuji.

After having watched all sessions this weekend so far, I think Nissan and Lexus should have brought one driver each to Hockenheim. Button is doing the best job out of all of them and he is the only one participating in each session. At the same time, you can see that the other guys are getting faster and faster within each session but I fear they don't get have enough track time to be anywhere near competitive on these Hankooks.

Also, a big shout out to Japanese Samurai for keeping us updated throughout the season with all types of information. Thanks!
Old 6 Oct 2019, 06:13 (Ref:3932210)   #546
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensson2152 View Post
I just hope they can use their own tyres at Fuji.

After having watched all sessions this weekend so far, I think Nissan and Lexus should have brought one driver each to Hockenheim. Button is doing the best job out of all of them and he is the only one participating in each session. At the same time, you can see that the other guys are getting faster and faster within each session but I fear they don't get have enough track time to be anywhere near competitive on these Hankooks.

Also, a big shout out to Japanese Samurai for keeping us updated throughout the season with all types of information. Thanks!
Button has also raced Hockenheimring aplenty from his days in F1. The others I don't think have much if any experience there.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 11:04 (Ref:3932255)   #547
Svensson2152
Rookie

Svensson2152 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Button has also raced Hockenheimring aplenty from his days in F1. The others I don't think have much if any experience there.
That's a fair point. I believe Cassidy may be the only other driver who has been to Hockenheim.

Motorsport.com has a published a good article yesterday with Button explaining the key differences he noticed between Super GT and DTM cars in Hockenheim - it seems like they are struggling with traction when cornering and cannot make use of their speed advantage. He was saying that in Japan a lot of the mechanical work is done via the tires and if one doesn't work they simply use a different type (compound, construction etc). Which obviously doesn't work here - on top of the fact that they don't have a good base setup.

https://www.motorsport.com/dtm/news/...erent/4553337/
Old 6 Oct 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3932268)   #548
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
According to Hiroaki Ishiura blog,
Tire manufacturers test is held at Motegi on Oct.7-8.
https://ameblo.jp/ishiura/entry-12533112946.html
Old 6 Oct 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3932273)   #549
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
According to J-sports interview,
Button won't participate in Fuji Dream race.
Autosport says that Honda has two year contract with Button.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 15:10 (Ref:3932285)   #550
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

He is going to move on. It will give some room to Honda's budget for next year.