Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Oct 2018, 16:28 (Ref:3856277)   #8611
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm in agreement - it was totally pointless. Which, for me, is the point.
Old 12 Oct 2018, 18:23 (Ref:3856308)   #8612
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Foul in Game
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
I've done aa total U-turn on this and I'm now of the opinion that it was a totally pointless exercise. If they'd gone around obliterating track records everywhere I'd probably feel differently. As it stands all they've demonstrated is that the 919 is quicker with bigger wings, fancy tires and fuel and some knobs turned up to 11.

I'd be interested to see how close you could get to the Nord record in a WEC spec car.
I've kept out of this since giving my opinion when it all started. Suffice to say, I completely agree.
Old 12 Oct 2018, 22:49 (Ref:3856354)   #8613
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
I think the tire issue is because of the increased loads of the car. A normal lmp1 tire might be able to handle it but maybe not safely. I don't know if it's anymore of a special compound than that. I still like this idea though.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 02:04 (Ref:3856367)   #8614
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebjohnsonsmith will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was a PR/marketing exercise and if it increases Porsche sales, then it's done its job. As for motorsport itself, it achieved very little.
Old 13 Oct 2018, 12:38 (Ref:3856420)   #8615
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Foul in Game
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Exactly so.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3859164)   #8616
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There is nothing of interest here https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...n-public-roads

Fake Porsche LMP1 drives on roads.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 22:18 (Ref:3859184)   #8617
Chiana
Veteran

Chiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameChiana will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More interesting than the illegal 919 driving the roads was that real 919 also followed it

Second in line though
Old 25 Oct 2018, 22:21 (Ref:3859187)   #8618
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
It was probably ahead because it was faster.
Old 27 Oct 2018, 23:43 (Ref:3859513)   #8619
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nowadays this kind of PR bullshit sells well. Porsche people not stupid. Journos are.
Old 28 Oct 2018, 03:52 (Ref:3859542)   #8620
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Nowadays this kind of PR bullshit sells well. Porsche people not stupid. Journos are.
If those cars came down the street in my city I'd be lined up to watch. I might even pay a few bucks to see it. Why the hate?
Old 28 Oct 2018, 08:11 (Ref:3859563)   #8621
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Foul in Game
20KPINAL

England
Me too - in my street or somewhere near, but thrashing it around a circuit unchallenged in a non-racing spec? No, it does nothing for me.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3861439)   #8622
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Chris Harris drove the 919 earlier this year.

Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw82332kp4E

"Here's a partial segment. Watch the full episode, including more Porsche and 100% Harris on Sunday 11/4 on /DRIVE on NBC Sports, 9:00p ET on NBCSN."
Old 7 Nov 2018, 01:22 (Ref:3861514)   #8623
roderick
Racer

Japan
roderick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridroderick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Chris Harris drove the 919 earlier this year.

Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw82332kp4E

"Here's a partial segment. Watch the full episode, including more Porsche and 100% Harris on Sunday 11/4 on /DRIVE on NBC Sports, 9:00p ET on NBCSN."

I'm so jealous of him being able to drive it yet not know what it's capable of...A lot of miss information in his comment...
Aragon circuit is not best suited for the car but it is hard to crash there...