Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Nov 2018, 22:24 (Ref:3863182)   #16
Geraint Owen
Rookie

Geraint Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Got my email now......and of course I'm now waiting with bated breath for the "pack with more details on the Motorsport UK membership proposition".....
I was just coming here to post the same thing!!! I wonder if I will now have to be a member before I can apply for a licence?

A good start to would be to ditch all the expenditure on their young talent programmes. Not sure how keen I am for a proportion of my fees to be spent helping someone else trying to be an F1 star. Those costs ought to be covered by a levy on the existing stars.

Interestingly, Microsoft Outlook knows more than you think...the email was in the Junk folder
Old 14 Nov 2018, 06:30 (Ref:3863218)   #17
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!
It's difficult to get it right these days. Send out the email first and it's "typical MSA, make these changes but haven't bothered with the website etc. " So they spend time sorting out the online stuff first and it's "typical MSA, why do I have to find on social media first?"

It depends on your age as to which form of notification is your preferred method, I suppose.

Just lately I have been no fan of the MSA and its archaic procedures off and on track. I have been heavily supporting non MSA karting which has a more pragmatic stance. But we do need the consistency of rules that a national governing body can bring. I really want DR to pull all the threads if motor sport together so we don't rush off in different directions.

Let's give it a chance. What I've seen is positive so far and may just work. I hope the wind of change is blowing through the whole organisation. Good luck to MSUK.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 14 Nov 2018, 17:13 (Ref:3863323)   #18
SnoodyMcFlude
Rookie

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Email about 2019 license today mentions Ďmember benefitsí so interested to see what thatís about. Suspect itís just discounts from Demon Tweeks/GPR etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 Nov 2018, 17:43 (Ref:3863328)   #19
Alan Morgan
Subscriber
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Max - let's give them a chance. It's painfully obvious that motorsport needs to adapt to survive. Maybe we need to put the cynicism to one side for a bit whilst we see how things develop.
Old 14 Nov 2018, 18:05 (Ref:3863333)   #20
ClaireSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!ClaireSmith has a real shot at the podium!
I can think of better things to change than the name

Change the rule that you cannot get a promotion to a higher grade licence for a Clerk... unless you officiate at a higher grade meeting....which you cant do ... unless you belong to the "inner circle" of bigger clubs

Change the way that the module training is done (it dates back to the 50's ) for becoming a clerk, put in place exams and tasks that need to assessed and marked etc rather than it being "signed off" in a book that is a photocopy

Help promote younger clubs to get more content by way of younger competitors but more over YOUNGER OFFICIALS... as they are getting fewer and fewer

Changing the name makes it sound like a webpage or a magazine, its not, its supposed to be the organisation responsible for Motorsport governance
Old 15 Nov 2018, 17:13 (Ref:3863511)   #21
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Got my licence renewal docs in the post today, with covering note about the changes and stressing that we'll be "members" not just licence holders....

It all sounds very positive, so happy to give it a chance....not that I have much option
Old 15 Nov 2018, 18:01 (Ref:3863514)   #22
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.motorsportuk.org/New-ben...ort-UK-members

Benefits as listed above. Not a great package in my opinion over what is currently available. Also no mention of the increase in licence costs. Why am I not surprised?

Great play has been made on the increases in lifeing of belts and seats for National use. In respect of belts it looks like common sense has prevailed. As regards seats I remember that it was originally possible to extend the homologation, by I believe 2 years, by having the seat checked over and tested by the manufacturer and I had this done by Cobra seats. I believe this was discontinued but I don't know when and why.

I'm hoping for the best but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 15 Nov 2018, 19:58 (Ref:3863530)   #23
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Approx 3% increase on my licence cost. £6 or two coffees while out. Luckily I can squeeze another year out of the last SRECG performed. Next renewal will be more expensive!

The speel regarding benefits is just typical PR, but I will be checking out what discount DFDS ferries are offering.....

Off topic, but while reading the link to news I spotted the recent VNUK update, which looks encouraging.
Old 15 Nov 2018, 21:44 (Ref:3863543)   #24
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ok . I got my renewal and a personal letter from Dave . Just one problem . The print is now so small I canít read it . !!!!!
Old 15 Nov 2018, 22:04 (Ref:3863544)   #25
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ok . I got my renewal and a personal letter from Dave . Just one problem . The print is now so small I canít read it . !!!!!

Best not mention that in public ...
Old 16 Nov 2018, 06:44 (Ref:3863578)   #26
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Best not mention that in public ...
That boy worries me at times.......
Old 16 Nov 2018, 07:51 (Ref:3863585)   #27
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Managed to read the letter from Dave last night . Guess fair play to him for looking at the bigger picture about recruiting new members . Not sure myself where to start but we will raise this topic tomorrow at out FF2000 AGM.
Old 16 Nov 2018, 07:54 (Ref:3863587)   #28
coppice
Racer

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcoppice should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcoppice should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In the closeted world of motor sport everybody knows what MSA means. But , outside that world , where there are more 'challenges' for the sport than ever before , nobody had a bloody clue who the MSA was , let alone what it did . So changing to a name which , y'know, sort of describes what they're involved with sounds like a very positive step to me ...
Old 16 Nov 2018, 10:51 (Ref:3863602)   #29
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
That boy worries me at times.......

Well, given Google's AI data grabbing these days, such a statement might be relayed to all sorts of databases and then interpreted as 'blind' and flagged up to prevent license renewal.

Never knowingly admit to anything, even in jest!

Just sayin' ...

But what were you thinking of Mike ..?
Old 16 Nov 2018, 18:21 (Ref:3863642)   #30
zefarelly
Veteran

England
zefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridzefarelly should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No email here, will check spam folder tomorrow, got the letter though . . . Now I'm officially 'middle aged' I'm waiting until early spring to get a full MOT and renew license, which should do me 2 years? . .who knows, there may be someone who needs an average driver with perfect eye sight.