Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 May 2021, 20:37 (Ref:4053775)   #1
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2022 Silly Season

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/85268...placement.html

Russell and Bottas to swap seats in 2022?

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 30 May 2021 at 00:27. Reason: activating Link
Old 29 May 2021, 23:51 (Ref:4053781)   #2
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Reporter nobody has ever heard of on a dubious news site: "I can't name my source but..."

Sceptical is an understatement.
Old 30 May 2021, 00:54 (Ref:4053782)   #3
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

I share Skam's scepticism, but I do hope that this rumour is true.
Mercedes are in an awkward position with Russell, he needs to find a top car, and I am sure that the opposition must have him on their radar.

Max is also available at the end of the year, but I think he will stay at RBR, could Russell be drafted as a number 2?
Old 30 May 2021, 03:23 (Ref:4053790)   #4
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post

Max is also available at the end of the year, but I think he will stay at RBR, could Russell be drafted as a number 2?
Russell is young hungry and talented, would Max have Russell on board and would Russell sign as a #2?

I also thought Max was contracted to RBR until end 2023, having signed an extension I think last year.

As for Bottas swapping with Russell and returning Williams I had the same thought last week on another forum. Be a logical swap, but.....

Last edited by E.B; 30 May 2021 at 03:29.
Old 30 May 2021, 03:27 (Ref:4053791)   #5
2 litre Touring Car Star
Racer

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User is flirting with disqualification2 litre Touring Car Star User is flirting with disqualification
The only reason why Russell needs a top car is to wallpaper all his deficiencies.

Has not yet scored a point at Williams despite an out of shape Kubica being able to. Had he not scored points in the best car in the field on that one occasion, he'd have been beaten by Latifi in the standings last year. Absolutely howled by an easy move on Bottas when points were on the line at Imola.

Overrated and would be heavily exposed as Hamilton's teammate. Many ahead of him.
Old 30 May 2021, 12:49 (Ref:4053824)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I cant say i disagree. If i was Merc, I would be trying to make a deal with Mclaren to take Lando but with the new formula next year, i feel like everyone stays where they are.

Unless Bottas does something that makes staying at Merc impossible that is.
Old 30 May 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4053848)   #7
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard Casto is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I saw this "news" item the other day. It's clearly a slow news day when this type of rumor gets print. Lets wait for more credible sources.

Richard
Old 31 May 2021, 20:49 (Ref:4054134)   #8
alan1302
Racer

alan1302 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Reporter nobody has ever heard of on a dubious news site: "I can't name my source but..."

Sceptical is an understatement.
Reasonably well known commentator to be fair:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexey_Popov
Old 31 May 2021, 21:40 (Ref:4054144)   #9
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is he related to Nadia from Rentaghost?
Old 1 Jun 2021, 04:06 (Ref:4054163)   #10
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
NSW
bathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lulu retires as king.
Merc to make deal with Mclaren and Williams
Russell to merc
Bottas to Maclaren
2nd merc seat who ever wins the norris/dannyR comp.

2022 or 3
merc Russell and norris/danny
Macca bottas and norris/danny
williams Latifi plus newbie or byebye latifi.. two newbies

All talking out of my hat of course
Old 1 Jun 2021, 04:12 (Ref:4054164)   #11
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
NSW
bathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbathurst77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
williams works out how to get maximum tv coverage!

Pastor Maldinardo and Mazzaspin in each car
Guaranteed lots of TV as they spin, crash get lapped and baulk other drivers every weekend!
Sponsiors love it.. lots of exposure.
Major motor insurance company and parts companies as sponsors
Old 1 Jun 2021, 06:59 (Ref:4054171)   #12
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A question-is this thread for reporting rumours seen elsewhere or for starting our own?My own feeling is that next year we will be seeing fewer former world champions on the grid as their younger team-mates are putting them in the shade.Another interesting consideration will be whether the cost cap will mean there will be less need for seat buyers of questionable talent.
Old 1 Jun 2021, 10:55 (Ref:4054192)   #13
steve_r
Veteran

England
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!steve_r has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
.Another interesting consideration will be whether the cost cap will mean there will be less need for seat buyers of questionable talent.
Seat buyers have now actually started buying entire teams, hence Team Stroll, Team Mazepin, and who knows what is next for Williams.
Old 1 Jun 2021, 11:10 (Ref:4054193)   #14
Aysedasi
Racing goats.....
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post

He is already 58 points behind World Champion Max Verstappen.

A definite 'pinch of salt' article, I think.....
Old 1 Jun 2021, 11:12 (Ref:4054194)   #15
Aysedasi
Racing goats.....
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
The only reason why Russell needs a top car is to wallpaper all his deficiencies.

Has not yet scored a point at Williams despite an out of shape Kubica being able to. Had he not scored points in the best car in the field on that one occasion, he'd have been beaten by Latifi in the standings last year. Absolutely howled by an easy move on Bottas when points were on the line at Imola.

Overrated and would be heavily exposed as Hamilton's teammate. Many ahead of him.
Man you have a serious dislike of Russell, don't you....?