Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Sep 2005, 09:25 (Ref:1418648)   #1
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whispers from the board room #1

Received a couple of very interesting phone calls this afternoon from a few people - seems that the erstwhile CAMS Victorian State Manager is, or has been, attempting to pressure clubs suggesting to them that if they don't run solely under CAMS authority or if they decide to run under ANY AASA permit, they might find that they have trouble obtaining CAMS permits again in the not too distant future.

Whilst the clubs concerned are, from all report, pretty cheesed off with this tactic - as one club rep stated 'What can we do? If we run everything under CAMS we are paying way too much and run the tisk of increases next year but if we run under AASA at all we can't get permits for Sandown and Phillip Island' - they are openly saying that the managers visits to their clubs and meetings is attempting to ensure scare tactics (where nothing is left in writing) bring the clubs into the so-called CAMS line.

The Vic State Manager has already been the author of articles in the CAMS magazine which have drawn the attention of the ACCC to them (particularly his declarations that CAMS officials and competitor licences are not valid under anyone elses authority - a claim even the ACCC states outright is not only unenforceable - by CAMS - but completely illegal and, although they cannot take action on the article itself, received enough complaints after it was printed to advise complainants that IF CAMS attempted, in any way, shape or form, to enforce it then the ACCC would take preventative and legal measures against CAMS).

Based onthe calls I received it makes me wonder WTH CAMS are trying to do - instead of putting their case succinctly they seem hellbent on stirring up trouble - to the extent that one caller suggested that one track in particular has been losing business and, therefore, may well have a damages claim against CAMS not only for loss of revenue but also legal sanctions to prevent them even bringing up this subject again.

Time will tell I guess.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1418826)   #2
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldn't possibly be true.

Not CAM$, Not the Conspiracy Against Motor Sport, weakly holding onto the threads of control.

NAH, never happen Storyline,

You're pulling ya pud.

Geez, if Dandy Rd ever find out who I am, they will pull my CAM$ licence so fast I won't see it coming.

And CAM$, please F.F.S. stop jabbing the pins into the groin of the Uncle Cranker ™ voodoo doll.
It gets embarassing trying to clean the monkey cages at the Zoo, whilst clutching your balls all the time.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 12:47 (Ref:1418908)   #3
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you idiot Uncle!!!!!!!!!
Old 28 Sep 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1418947)   #4
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cranker: well since you've just told them that you're their janitor...

Oh wait...

ummm... ummmm...
Old 28 Sep 2005, 21:40 (Ref:1419415)   #5
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Falc,

With due reverence to the Late Great Don Adams.

"They missed it by that much"

OR

"Would you believe a National series with 8 catergories?"

NO

"Well how about 10 mice in open wheel pedal cars, competing for the Gold Star"

RIP, Maxwell Smart.