Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 29 Dec 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3948915)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2019 Season Fantasy Review

As previous years, it’s time to look back over the fantasy competition, what worked what didn’t is there changes needed?

My own thoughts, changes to the penalties awarded around being made to start from the back or the pit lane for PU components.

The joker was only used by 2 teams this season, both at the same event. Do you as an entrant want to keep the joker option, perhaps a change in how or when it can be used?

Again I’m always looking to refine how the results of each event are presented, any comments on the 2019 version? Was there something presented better in a previous year that you’d like to see back?

All comments appreciated, if you’d prefer PM your comments feel free to comment that way.
Old 30 Dec 2019, 17:30 (Ref:3949094)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
-Overall, I think the system worked. No one could have predicted Albon’s promotion or how that would prove to be a serious game changer. Sport is unpredictable and this was reflected in the fantasy outcome…which is what we want I think.

-just speaking for myself, i would have used the joker more but given the team/combination i had it never made much sense to take the risk until the gap to the team ahead of me was getting to large to overcome.

-there were some comments about early movers picking up the best team/engine combinations. While I think that’s true to some extent im not sure what else can be done?

Would it be more fair to have a draft lottery system where we sign up in advance and are randomly given an order with which to make our picks?

Maybe an order based on how people finished during the previous season.

Maybe a reset/redraft during the summer break to help keep people more engaged?

Hopefully the field is closer/more competitive next year and if it is I don’t think much needs to change.

-only one team took Ham as a driver…obviously an expensive driver but I guess the priority is being able to pick Merc as opposed to its top driver.

Also that team had a Ham/Lec combo and that was only good enough for 5th place overall…I wonder how much of that was down to Ferrari/Leclerc issues. If Ferrari/Leclerc didn’t make as many mistakes would a HAM/Lec combo score as many points as Merc/Ferrari?

All things being equal, I do think there is a slight advantage in picking the right constructor/engine so maybe there is some tweaking to allow for more emphasis to be placed on the driver combo?

All in all I think it was a well run competition and look forward to next year!
Thanks SBF😊
Old 30 Dec 2019, 17:40 (Ref:3949101)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
random thought, but reddit has a forum called Forluma 1.5 where the midfield is given more attention...

what would happen if Merc and Ferrari (and perhaps RB) were taken away as constructor and driver choices leaving us with a fantasy league made up only of midfield team combinations?

of course Merc and Ferrari would have to remain as engine suppliers but this might give us a closer field and thus keep more people involved.