Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: What should be changed for diesel cars in the LMP1 technical regulation?
Smaller restrictor and/or lower turbo boost 31 36.05%
Smaller fuel tank (e.g. 80 vs 90 liter) 27 31.40%
Higher minimum weight (e.g. 925 vs 950 kg) 10 11.63%
Small fuel flow restrictor (e.g. 33 mm like petrol instead of 38 mm) 24 27.91%
Other 13 15.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28 May 2007, 20:50 (Ref:1923238)   #376
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
Agreed. Think they have to go the 1000km too (3drivers, cost reduction). On the other hand this is done in Japan too.
I don't think the business case can be made for going 1000km. TV factors into it pretty heavily, and the ALMS (as I said) has focused on professional teams (read "paid drivers").

Don't get me wrong, I want longer races. But until TV becomes at least revenue neutral while not being shown on Speed, it won't happen.

(NASCAR races can go 5 hours, so I don't think the argument can be made that a racing audience doesn't have the patience for longer than three hours)
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 28 May 2007, 20:50 (Ref:1923239)   #377
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, it has been posted here that Don Panoz was interested in buying a couple of Courage C60s, and go down the same path that Pescarolo did: Modifying the cars to suit his wants/needs. And Courage was with him aside from one thing-the Elan V8 didn't fit as neatly as say a Judd 5.0 V10.

The project didn't really go much further after this point, whether it was Dr. Don's want to use the Elan OHV V8 that killed it or not, I don't know-I didn't even know that theis may've exhisted until earlier this year.

Why anyone hasn't given serious thought to GM's LS1/6 engines also makes me curious.

Last edited by chernaudi; 28 May 2007 at 20:53.
Old 28 May 2007, 22:24 (Ref:1923296)   #378
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi
Why anyone hasn't given serious thought to GM's LS1/6 engines also makes me curious.
was thinkin the same thing except was thinking the LS blocks were too big for protos without some in depth mods, but I would love to see a Vette-styled LMP1 coupe
Old 29 May 2007, 02:07 (Ref:1923359)   #379
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
was thinkin the same thing except was thinking the LS blocks were too big for protos without some in depth mods, but I would love to see a Vette-styled LMP1 coupe
Didn't Lister use a variation of that engine?...and they couldn't make it work on their LMP900 car.
Old 29 May 2007, 04:29 (Ref:1923397)   #380
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think the Lister probably had other issues. The Lister Storm LMP was 4th or 5th on the Sebring grid in 2003, so it was pretty much the quickest thing out there aside from the VAG cars.
Old 30 May 2007, 12:36 (Ref:1924612)   #381
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Trevor Foster of Zytek hopes ACO will refine the LMP1 rules.
Quote:
Equivalence between diesel and gasoline is a recurring subject. What's your opinion about that?

"In my view the diesel powered car has a significant power and torque advantage over a petrol engine either turbo or nornmally aspirated and we will have to see what final regulations the ACO come up with for the petrol/hybrid to establish whether they allow the gap to be closed."
source: http://www.endurance-info.com/article.php?sid=3674
Old 30 May 2007, 18:09 (Ref:1924832)   #382
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

A new thread has popped up and it has given us a chance to start again. After all most of the above is just repetition

The new thread is here and contains a simpler poll. However, you never know, some may have a different opinion to last time.

Thanks.
Closed Thread