Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 3 Apr 2012, 06:37 (Ref:3052692)   #426
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFfan View Post
There are now three drivers in British F3 that all finished behind Scott in British FF last year. If you think Scott wouldn't be ready are you saying they are not either?
Yep :P I mean, they didn't bank too many wins All I was trying to say is that when you have tight budget, your margin for error is much smaller and you have to keep on winning to extend your lifeline. At present the guys at Carlin/Fortec have a big, big advantage over the others and your chance even for podiums in BF3 isn't as good as winning in FR2.0. Also judging by GP3 testing and FFord drivers, I think FR2.0 didn't do any harm to Ellinas. He learned about aero while finishing 3rd in FR2.0 UK and I have serious doubts if he was capable of being in the top 15-20 in GP3 last year! It was super competitive and not only on the top.
Otherwise yeah, I haven't followed too closely his times, just the overall results. I remember day 1 in Barcelona was kind of useless, so for a rookie it should have been a bit tough with the conditions and then you should give your best in the fastest morning session, but in this category you shouldn't have problems with such days and that's why you need experience.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 08:59 (Ref:3052748)   #427
CATMAN
Racer

CATMAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
I doubt that Carlin and Fortec will be too worried.

With these line-ups RR and T Sport will be battling to be last again
T-Sport and DoubleR can package as good a car as Carlin and Fortec and Fortec and Carlin's driver line up has flaws. Carlin had some expensive offs last week.
If Carlin were not worried by the opposition Buller would probably be in a Double R seat and they would have had a full compliment of drivers at the start of the seasons testing.
Double R now has 3 keen young drivers who've all tasted podium results. Double R Racings Anthony Hieatt engineered many Carlin early victories and Carlin was built on that.
There's a lot of talk about Scott Malvern, he's obviously a fine FF driver, but testing times don't always translate to race victories and may be he wouldn't have made it in F3. There are a few backers of promising F3 talent, did Malvern get interest from them? Or did they not see the risk worthwhile?
I don't follow FF closely,but did Uhrhane not have a few issues with his FF car last year.
I wouldn't write off Double R or T-Sport chances of getting in the mix, out of the Carlin cars I'm sure there are only 3 possible championship winning cars at present and that will probably soon be down to two and may be 2 or 3 at most at Fortec.
Numbers in British F3 are at least a little more credible now.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3052898)   #428
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFfan View Post
Strider thank you for your supporting comments and I do agree with you. However we are certainly not taking anything for granted. This is a very late deal and the car has literally just arrived and needs some work to make it race ready for this weekend and unfortunately there will not even be time for a shakedown test anywhere so it will be straight in race weekend. We are certainly not underestimating the quality of the opposition when you have professional teams like Fortec and we are the new kids on the block!

I hope CF do get out. Harry and Hyel to their considerable credit did everything they could to get Scott into their car but we were beaten by time & circumstances. However Scott & I certainly haven't given up on the idea and if there is a chance to join the championship during the season we will.

In the meantime we'd like to wish everyone involved in British F3 a great season!
You're very welcome and thanks for the best wishes for British F3. Motor racing is pretty tough at all levels right now and it makes such a difference when people adopt a positive attitude.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 14:15 (Ref:3052907)   #429
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
You're very welcome and thanks for the best wishes for British F3. Motor racing is pretty tough at all levels right now and it makes such a difference when people adopt a positive attitude.
Thank you Strider. No point being anything but positive. We are all supposed to be enjoying ourselves after all! I'd love Scott to have a chance to prove himself in F3, which for our money is still the best feeder formula for developing drivers, but we have to be pragmatic & far better for Scott that he keeps racing where he can than not at all.

Scott in his role as a driver coach in British FF this year will be present at many of the rounds & of course has one or two friends & former team mates from last year that he will be supporting so we are looking forward to what we hope will be another great season.

Dominic Malvern

Last edited by FFfan; 3 Apr 2012 at 14:41. Reason: Typing error
Old 4 Apr 2012, 14:25 (Ref:3053471)   #430
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I didn't realise that Dallara were doing such a heavily revised car for 2012, but - Phhhwwoooaaarr!

Old 4 Apr 2012, 15:16 (Ref:3053494)   #431
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
I didn't realise that Dallara were doing such a heavily revised car for 2012, but - Phhhwwoooaaarr!

consider yourself judged but it dos look good from that shot. is that the single seater equivalent of a myspace photo though?
Old 4 Apr 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3053496)   #432
edenrace
Racer

edenrace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another excellent car from Dallara....teams are finding cornering speeds up approx 5 % and next year with the new purpose built engines a further 12% of power should be really good.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 15:24 (Ref:3053499)   #433
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post

consider yourself judged but it dos look good from that shot. is that the single seater equivalent of a myspace photo though?
Haha. I actually just spat coffee over my keyboard when i read that.

Tbh, it's an expense the series could have down without this year and i think it's reflected in the entry list. I expect everyone is taking thier 2011 stock to the Euro Open?
Old 4 Apr 2012, 15:40 (Ref:3053505)   #434
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Haha. I actually just spat coffee over my keyboard when i read that.

Tbh, it's an expense the series could have down without this year and i think it's reflected in the entry list. I expect everyone is taking thier 2011 stock to the Euro Open?
Open has the F312's too.

I wish there were an American F3 series. The engines are there(MZR-R, SR16, Chevy's new I-4, K20)
Old 4 Apr 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3053665)   #435
CATMAN
Racer

CATMAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
"revised" is a bit out. The 312 is completely different car and the photo doesn't really do the car justice, the nose gives a great look. It' a sign of the times, the 312 meets more stringent safety standards than the 308. Better side head protection is one feature with extended high cockpit side. Front dampers inside the tub rather than on top of it help with the new curvy front end look.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3053719)   #436
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

It's all down to the photographer!
Old 5 Apr 2012, 06:21 (Ref:3053878)   #437
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
One of yours? Kudos.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 09:00 (Ref:3053938)   #438
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Simply adore F3 - the best single seater category outside of F1 in my view.Good luck to both the British and Euro Championships and let's hope it only gets stronger in coming years.

I think it's still the only "open" category out there even though Dallara remains the chassis of choice - I hate one-make spec Formula!

The Macau GP is one of the best races anywhere in the World - I really hope that remains on the F3 calendar.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 09:06 (Ref:3053941)   #439
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
I think it's still the only "open" category out there even though Dallara remains the chassis of choice - I hate one-make spec Formula!
But it is a one chassis 'formula'.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 09:23 (Ref:3053946)   #440
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No it isn't. It isn't a spec-formula at all, totally different. Even if all have Dallara, no two teams Dallaras are the same.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 09:37 (Ref:3053952)   #441
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller View Post
No it isn't. It isn't a spec-formula at all, totally different. Even if all have Dallara, no two teams Dallaras are the same.
That's the most hilarious comment I've heard in ages
Old 5 Apr 2012, 09:46 (Ref:3053954)   #442
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
The Macau GP is one of the best races anywhere in the World - I really hope that remains on the F3 calendar.
agree with you on all of that post but particularly this! it'd be a crime to see macau go to the dark side and some sort of slower spec series.

excellent preview of british f3 on autosport.com and in this weeks magazine, particularly if you're a bit down on this seasons grid
Old 5 Apr 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3054012)   #443
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
That's the most hilarious comment I've heard in ages
OK then, it's like a spec Formula where teams can make parts and the car and engineering set-up variables are 10,000% bigger than "other" spec Formulae
Old 5 Apr 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3054257)   #444
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sainz to also race in Euroseries with Carlin, great to see him again out-testing and out-spending everybody.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3054425)   #445
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
that spending is keeping people in jobs and putting another car on the grid. let's be realistic here...
Old 7 Apr 2012, 13:37 (Ref:3054838)   #446
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
The new season is upon us.

I'm closing this for the time being.