Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Oct 2013, 00:47 (Ref:3312051)   #201
C6Rracefan
Rookie

United States
Savannah,GA
C6Rracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
I think it was a Porsche 962 in high-downforce trim. I also think it was Al Holbert driving and he made the comment, "If I had been in my low-downforce Le Mans trim, I would've had him."
And Harry Hyde admitted that the Cup car would have never passed inspection at a NASCAR race, if memory serves me correctly.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 03:01 (Ref:3312079)   #202
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C6Rracefan View Post
And Harry Hyde admitted that the Cup car would have never passed inspection at a NASCAR race, if memory serves me correctly.
So, what does this say about the upcoming speed record attempt? Will NASCAR allow a sportscar to set the record?

Ummm, maybe, if it is a DP.

Are there any other entries?
Old 3 Oct 2013, 03:23 (Ref:3312084)   #203
jeast
Racer

jeast User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
So, what does this say about the upcoming speed record attempt? Will NASCAR allow a sportscar to set the record?

Ummm, maybe, if it is a DP.

Are there any other entries?
After it happens nascar immediately mandates restricter plates on all prototypes.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3312099)   #204
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I think it was a Porsche 962 in high-downforce trim. I also think it was Al Holbert driving and he made the comment, "If I had been in my low-downforce Le Mans trim, I would've had him."
I remember that article and Tim Richmond's Chevy hit 240MPH. Of course the IMSA 962 was set up to go fast around a flat turn, not for top speeds. Just like a modern F1 car will destroy anything on a roadcourse but maybe wouldn't be faster than an IndyCar on an oval.

The Ford test is a publicity stunt. Good. Publicity for USCC, sportscar racing and the Rolex 24.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3312152)   #205
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I'd like to see what kind of speeds a TS030 would do with a TRD Nascar V8 in the back!
Old 3 Oct 2013, 14:54 (Ref:3312361)   #206
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DP versus LMP2 for 2014?

L.P.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3312382)   #207
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Absolutely. We should stop talking about what interests us ans start talking about what ... no one is talking about ...

I guess we could discuss the Shank DP so long as we also mention some P2 car as well.

Lane, you missed out on both parts of the topic---we at least has some DP-related discussion. Please ... try to stay on topic.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3312383)   #208
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The fact remains, like it or not, that we have a thread title. Keep on topic or start another one. If this one dies through lack of interest, well, so be it......
Old 4 Oct 2013, 01:11 (Ref:3312578)   #209
Matra-simca
Rookie

United States
Durham, NC
Matra-simca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatra-simca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think with the DP/P2 tests scheduled for next month and the proposed DP changes outlined by John Dagys the debate will turn into a non-issue by the time Daytona 24 Hours comes around. For sure, there's gonna be a few tweeks here and there during the first few events, throw in some arm wrestling among the principals, but at least IMSA's taking a methodical - perhaps too deliberate for many folks - approach to getting it right. Remember, the ACO and the so-called Technical Committee had 6-7 years to balance the diesel/petrol equation and they still couldn't get it right. New ACO rules won't make it any easier, either.

Todd
Old 4 Oct 2013, 01:27 (Ref:3312581)   #210
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matra-simca View Post
I think with the DP/P2 tests scheduled for next month and the proposed DP changes outlined by John Dagys the debate will turn into a non-issue by the time Daytona 24 Hours comes around. For sure, there's gonna be a few tweeks here and there during the first few events,

Todd
I think that the debate will only get more heated as the Daytona 24 draws nearer.
It will be nearly impossible to achieve a balance, without one side or the other feeling "cheated" out of a fair shot at victory.
However, the GTE class does show that close competition between vastly different platforms is attainable. Hopefully the USCC can make it work.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 02:17 (Ref:3312586)   #211
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might be safer in the long run to initially overshoot with speeding up the DPs, just so the capability is there to easily match any increase in P2 speed (or just faster P2s that show up) which IMSA has less control over.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 11:30 (Ref:3312710)   #212
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danske View Post
Might be safer in the long run to initially overshoot with speeding up the DPs, just so the capability is there to easily match any increase in P2 speed (or just faster P2s that show up) which IMSA has less control over.
That's a really good point. If the changes to dp's ended up making then a second faster than the p2's I wonder how the series management would handle it? Would they alter their dp changes to lose that second? I tend to agree with Danske that it would probably be better to have them faster because it would be write easy to speed up the P2 cars.
Old 4 Oct 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3312781)   #213
Christian Mogami
Racer

Austria
Christian Mogami has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The USCC plan is to overshoot the performance of the P2(LM24 bodywork) with the upgrades to the DP then after the test days at Daytona(with data in hand)will most likely enlarge the restrictors on the P2 to improve their straights speed.