Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 25 May 2018, 07:50 (Ref:3824509)   #1076
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
If RLM could do the studio cam with the race time (for sync purposes) then I'll consider Eurosport and natural sounds with RLM.
Someone mentioned Studio Cam on the Midweek Motorsport Listeners Collective on Facebook a couple of days ago and Nick Daman said it will be back along with some other features.
Old 25 May 2018, 11:52 (Ref:3824544)   #1077
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
villeneuve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While Martin Haven is a really nice guy, I could not listen to his commentary for any longer than 2, 3 hours.

Are you sure Eurosport Player in Poland does not offer English commentary? If it's anything like in Germany you can switch between several languages and a no commentary stream which IIRC is also commercial free.

There's also an unofficial Eurosport Player addon for Kodi so that depending on your system you can squeeze out the best image and you can circumvent any troubles than can occur viewing via webbrowser.
The official Eurosport Player app for Android sucks, depending on the device it will even geo-block you for no reason.

Synchronizing Eurosport Player no-commentary stream to RLM isn't that difficult since there are many cues by which one can go and it doesn't need to be perfect anyway since RLM doesn't include the soundtrack from the host broadcaster. The last years there were always multiple video streams from RLM itselft and manufacturer like Ford that included the RLM audio so those can help with synchronizing, too.
In the past there were also pirated streams on YouTube that had very good Eurosport Player+RLM coverage.

I'm no fan of Eurosport Player in any way BTW, quite the contrary really one reason being their customer service is as awful as it gets, but I think the WEC streaming service is even worse. The only thing that has as a plus are the multiple inboard camera streams.
Old 25 May 2018, 17:45 (Ref:3824595)   #1078
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Someone mentioned Studio Cam on the Midweek Motorsport Listeners Collective on Facebook a couple of days ago and Nick Daman said it will be back along with some other features.
I have to say, I've never seen it. I'm always at the circuit when it's on and have never had cause to go and look at it.
Old 26 May 2018, 06:31 (Ref:3824694)   #1079
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you, villeneuve.
I will check It all out.
Only for ESP, the problem is, there is this stream with no commentary. I have a normal TV with ES where I can switch to English, yes, but then I have commercials obviously.
Pl commentary is not that bad but I would like not to switch all the time and have McNish i.e.
Will try to do the sync I think.
Old 26 May 2018, 08:39 (Ref:3824713)   #1080
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I have to say, I've never seen it. I'm always at the circuit when it's on and have never had cause to go and look at it.
We you can also watch when you get back as it’s all on You Tube....
Old 26 May 2018, 08:48 (Ref:3824716)   #1081
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know I've made plenty of use of my 'anorak' over the years Rob, but sitting watching the studio cam on YouTube is a step too far even for me! I'd rather download the podcasts and listen to those in the car!
Old 27 May 2018, 03:20 (Ref:3824853)   #1082
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can't Purchase WEC 24h du Mans 2018 Race Pack

I have just tried and failed to purchase the 24h du Mans 2018 Race Pack in the Members Area of the WEC web site (https://members.fiawec.com/en/). I have done this without difficulty for each of the past 3 years. However, when I click to purchase the 24h du Mans 2018 Race Pack tonight, the WEC web site displays the Spa-Francorchamps 2018 Race Pack instead. I can not find a way to purchase the LM24 race pack.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is WEC not selling the LM24 race pack to residents of the United States this year, perhaps due to the new television deal with the Velocity cable channel? I have submitted an inquiry to the WEC web site.

- Jeff

Last edited by Bentley03; 27 May 2018 at 07:16. Reason: Moved and merged with existing thread which already covers this.
Old 27 May 2018, 05:42 (Ref:3824860)   #1083
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetray View Post
I have just tried and failed to purchase the 24h du Mans 2018 Race Pack in the Members Area of the WEC web site (https://members.fiawec.com/en/). I have done this without difficulty for each of the past 3 years. However, when I click to purchase the 24h du Mans 2018 Race Pack tonight, the WEC web site displays the Spa-Francorchamps 2018 Race Pack instead. I can not find a way to purchase the LM24 race pack.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is WEC not selling the LM24 race pack to residents of the United States this year, perhaps due to the new television deal with the Velocity cable channel? I have submitted an inquiry to the WEC web site.

- Jeff
I think you might have to buy motortrend.com's streaming service. That at least is the only way to watch the wec races on legitimate live stream in the US.
Old 28 May 2018, 10:30 (Ref:3825195)   #1084
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
villeneuve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That again shows the lack of communication from the WEC and how bad the ordering process is designed. They only communicate some information via Twitter when a shitstorm is brewing.
Old 28 May 2018, 11:26 (Ref:3825202)   #1085
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think there is a bit of disorganisation from WEC, they should get this sorted. But it’s always nice that they embrace social media
Old 29 May 2018, 08:25 (Ref:3825392)   #1086
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Eurosport Player has a 7 day trial at least in UK.

https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/subscribe

This is exactly what i was thinking about. It looks like it can be streamed through Amazon prime too - has anyone tried this?
Old 29 May 2018, 08:56 (Ref:3825400)   #1087
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Will you not be there this year as usual Gavin
Old 2 Jun 2018, 12:03 (Ref:3826199)   #1088
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdetray View Post

- Jeff
Stream will be geoblocked in US due to the Velocity/Motor Trend deal. If the purchase was completed do a refund.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 00:21 (Ref:3827054)   #1089
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TV distribution PDF will come here once updated (navigate to LM on "available guide" section)
https://press.fiawec.com/NavGuide/index

But we do have the not so surprising confirmation of Eurosport showing (full 4 hours of) FP, Q1, Q2, Q3, Warm-Up and RTLM R2 in addition to race. No coverage of RTLM R1 or AMRF. Looks like very little ES2 channel switching, it's mainly ES1. Unfortunately Tom Kristensen's craptacular, embarrassing "LM Coach" featurette will also return from what I gather.

I highly doubt the official WEC stream will show anything beyond the big sessions, but would be nice to know with just week to go...

For Road to Le Mans, Le Mans Cup ACO youtube channel only shows streaming times for race 2 so looks as if yet again they will ignore showing qualifying and race 1 anywhere. I wrote a message to them about it but it magically disappeared... anyway, curiously enough, this site for Thursday the 14th lists "17h30 SFR Sport 4 Auto - Road To Le Mans - Le Mans Cup Course 1 Direct" http://www.sport-tv.org/agenda-retro...-sport-a-la-tv so??????????

For the Aston Martin Festival race, no coverage again anywhere looks like, with the possible exception of it being on Sat Feed like the 2015 race and some of the other spec series support series have been. But that essentially will mean no-one will see it. Radio Le Mans will have coverage of it, just as with RTLM, but it's not really that interesting without any visuals. I mean maybe there will be surprise stream somewhere but it's very much doubtful

Last edited by Deleted; 6 Jun 2018 at 00:35.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 05:36 (Ref:3827072)   #1090
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do we have confirmation of the Eurosport broadcast team? Hoping for Jeremy Shaw at least...

I think that's what we'll be getting in the States, though we got the world feed for Spa.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 08:04 (Ref:3827089)   #1091
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Radio Le Mans have also confirmed there broadcast team:- John Hindhaugh, Jonny Palmer and Paul Truswell in the booth along with Special Correspondents Graham Goodwin and Gemma Hatton. They will be joined by Diana Binks, Joe Bradley, Bruce Jones, Nick Daman and Shea Adam in the pits.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 08:34 (Ref:3827091)   #1092
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No Sam Collins this year? Or has he been a 'special guest' in recent years.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 09:59 (Ref:3827106)   #1093
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i am sure he will be there, and at the meeting as usual, can't see him missing that
Old 6 Jun 2018, 13:52 (Ref:3827154)   #1094
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
A bit of information on Eurosport's Coverage - http://corporate.eurosport.com/news-detail/?id=6985 - still no news if Carlton Kirby is part of the team.....
Old 6 Jun 2018, 14:56 (Ref:3827170)   #1095
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
- still no news if Carlton Kirby is part of the team.....
Is there a cycling event next week...?
Old 6 Jun 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3827207)   #1096
deggis
Veteran

Finland
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/e...mans-coverage/

Quote:
Program Schedule (all times CEST):

Wed. June 13
16-20h: Free Practice LIVE on Eurosport
2145-22h: Le Mans Extra LIVE
22-24h: Qualifying 1 LIVE on Eurosport

Thurs. June 14
1845-19h: Le Mans Extra LIVE
19-21h: Qualifying 2 LIVE on Eurosport
21-22h: Le Mans Extra LIVE
22-24h: Qualifying 3 LIVE on Eurosport

Fri. June 15
0835-10h: Qualifying Highlights

Sat. June 16
9-9.45h: Le Mans 24h Warm Up
13h: Pre-race coverage
1430-1500h: The Grid LIVE
1500h: Le Mans 24h of Le Mans starts

Sun. June 17
2030-2130h: Best of 2018

*All programmes on linear on Eurosport 1
Based on this they've finally learned that one shouldn't show the "Extra" or whatever studio segments during live sessions.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 18:28 (Ref:3827228)   #1097
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
A bit of information on Eurosport's Coverage - http://corporate.eurosport.com/news-detail/?id=6985 - still no news if Carlton Kirby is part of the team.....
Shame to see there will be no "24 Minutes" program this year, when did they stop that? I remember finding the 2011 and 2012 version of that show on youtube. I loved watching that program wherever I could find it on the internet (despite the awkwardness of the hosts)...served as an excellent primer in the days leading up to the big race.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 19:18 (Ref:3827249)   #1098
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On page 3 it has the same things Dagys copypasted but in more detail
http://media.eurosport.com/pressR/na...A35A56DD.prem2

I don't know why they don't list RTLM although the actual TV schedules do but whatever

The "pre-race coverage" is basically bunch of re-runs then, before grid at least

So much Tom Kristensen which I don't think is particularly good thing as he comes incredibly awkward when working as TV presenter. Not as bad as some of the others like the legendary Robbie Nock or those French pitlane reporters but still it makes it hard to watch. Especially with Neil Cole who's just as awkward

Instead I think I'll watch the WEC feed coverage for the first time this year
Old 6 Jun 2018, 21:23 (Ref:3827270)   #1099
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Shame to see there will be no "24 Minutes" program this year, when did they stop that? I remember finding the 2011 and 2012 version of that show on youtube. I loved watching that program wherever I could find it on the internet (despite the awkwardness of the hosts)...served as an excellent primer in the days leading up to the big race.
Apparently more or less replaced with this "Le Mans Extra".

What a shame though that they won't show it during live sessions like they did with the 24 Minutes.
Old 6 Jun 2018, 21:40 (Ref:3827279)   #1100
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Stream will be geoblocked in US due to the Velocity/Motor Trend deal. If the purchase was completed do a refund.
Regarding my inquiry to the FIA regarding problems purchasing the LM24 Race Pack, I received a response. They thanked me for my patience and said their developers were working on it. Two days later, I was able to successfully purchase the race pack.

Unfortunate that they sold me the race pack if it is being geoblocked. Ugh!

Not the end of the world. I'll be OK with Velocity and RLM, plus additional resources available on the web.

- Jeff

Last edited by jdetray; 6 Jun 2018 at 21:47.