Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Aug 2009, 19:36 (Ref:2524567)   #51
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just announced, Drayson Racing to PLM with an LMP1 Lola Judd Coupe
Old 19 Aug 2009, 19:36 (Ref:2524568)   #52
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Dryson racing, to use Lola Coupe LMP1 with judd engine, exclusive at Radiolemans

Damm you, got there before me

http://mwmfantasyindycar.blogspot.co...ola-world.html
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2524577)   #53
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and at Laguna too.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 19:58 (Ref:2524585)   #54
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
The only one to give invitations to Le Mans is the ACO, period!!!

L.P.
For this year's Le Mans, ACO gave invites to FIA GT 1 and 2, Vitaphone and Carsport, neither of which used them.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 20:02 (Ref:2524587)   #55
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson View Post
Just announced, Drayson Racing to PLM with an LMP1 Lola Judd Coupe
That car looks fantastic in the Drayson livery!
Old 19 Aug 2009, 20:07 (Ref:2524590)   #56
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Boy does it ever. New background and I can't stop looking at it.

Chris
Old 19 Aug 2009, 20:17 (Ref:2524594)   #57
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
For this year's Le Mans, ACO gave invites to FIA GT 1 and 2, Vitaphone and Carsport, neither of which used them.
Hmm, and where is the ACO mentioned in this?? "Does FIA GT give them a spot"
Its not! FIA does not give out invitations!

L.P.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 20:22 (Ref:2524600)   #58
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ACO gives automatic invitations to

the 1st, 2nd in the FIA GT1championship
the 1st , 2nd in the FIA GT2 championship

same for LMS, ALMS, Pettit Le MANS also LMP1,LMP2

ofcoure 1st,2nd and 3trd in all the classes at le mans
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 20:22 (Ref:2524601)   #59
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hmm, and where is the ACO mentioned in this?? "Does FIA GT give them a spot"
Its not! FIA does not give out invitations!

L.P.
Language technicalities! Move on! I'll try better next time, sir!

It's like saying "Does Petit Le Mans give them a spot?", as in "Does ACO award spots because of Petit Le Mans/FIA GT?".
Old 19 Aug 2009, 20:23 (Ref:2524602)   #60
smcorolla
Rookie

smcorolla should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thats great news, fantastic to hear a Judd back in the ALMS! And in a coupe too!

rick
Old 20 Aug 2009, 00:39 (Ref:2524728)   #61
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
Dryson racing, to use Lola Coupe LMP1 with judd engine, exclusive at Radiolemans

Damm you, got there before me

http://mwmfantasyindycar.blogspot.co...ola-world.html
Gooood....GOOOOOOD.

love Lolas and love Lola Coupes even more....beautiful automoblie that Drayson is!
Old 20 Aug 2009, 00:55 (Ref:2524731)   #62
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LMP1 is shaping up to be a cracker, now we need some European teams from P2 & GT2 to come over. (Not holding my breath though)
Old 20 Aug 2009, 02:41 (Ref:2524754)   #63
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wasn't expecting a Petit entry, that is exciting!
Old 20 Aug 2009, 02:44 (Ref:2524755)   #64
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
LMP1 is shaping up to be a cracker, now we need some European teams from P2 & GT2 to come over. (Not holding my breath though)
Is Horag still alive? They've run PLM in the past.

Perhaps one of the P2 Zyteks will come?

It's also obvious why Creation won't be at PLM this year; Drayson paid them off to take their number #88!
Old 20 Aug 2009, 04:00 (Ref:2524766)   #65
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttlefish View Post
Is Horag still alive? They've run PLM in the past.

Perhaps one of the P2 Zyteks will come?

It's also obvious why Creation won't be at PLM this year; Drayson paid them off to take their number #88!
Horag: I want to say no. Fredy Lienhard is no longer racing, and he was the financial force of Horag, most recently! I am not sure if Markus Hotz still has something going under the Horag banner, as it was/is his banner! But the recent LMS Spyder effort is defunct.

L.P.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 11:43 (Ref:2524976)   #66
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Epsilon-Escaudi maybe?
Old 20 Aug 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2524993)   #67
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Epsilon-Escaudi maybe?
I doubt it. I believe they stopped their EE1 programme due to lack of funding and/or because they were concentrating on getting an F1 '10 entry. They didn't get one, mind, and I believe I read that they have a completely new car.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 12:08 (Ref:2524998)   #68
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWX View Post
I doubt it. I believe they stopped their EE1 programme due to lack of funding and/or because they were concentrating on getting an F1 '10 entry. They didn't get one, mind, and I believe I read that they have a completely new car.
EE1 was stopped, and i believe they started the EE2, but that got killed as soon as the F1 program started.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 17:38 (Ref:2525136)   #69
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wonder if LNT will bring the G-Z with driver pairing they are using at Silverstone?
Old 20 Aug 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2525144)   #70
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Extra Entries?

Are these the extra entries for PLM (ones which aren't normally in the ALMS)?

Peugeot x2
Oreca x2
Drayson Lola Judd
An Extra Radical (probably dreamt that one up)
Old 20 Aug 2009, 17:51 (Ref:2525145)   #71
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
EE1 was stopped, and i believe they started the EE2, but that got killed as soon as the F1 program started.
EE2 is back on now, Vildeprat wants to do Le Mans "properly" again.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 18:04 (Ref:2525148)   #72
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Are these the extra entries for PLM (ones which aren't normally in the ALMS)?

Peugeot x2
Oreca x2
Drayson Lola Judd
An Extra Radical (probably dreamt that one up)
I would consider Drayson as a part time ALMS team. They have more starts in the ALMS than LMS.

L.P.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 18:24 (Ref:2525154)   #73
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Quote:
I would consider Drayson as a part time ALMS team. They have more starts in the ALMS than LMS.

L.P.
But they've so far not been part of this year's championship, so I'd classify that as an additional entry. You could say that Peugeot already have points after their Sebring entry, but thats still an additional entry.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 18:49 (Ref:2525167)   #74
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
But they've so far not been part of this year's championship, so I'd classify that as an additional entry. You could say that Peugeot already have points after their Sebring entry, but thats still an additional entry.
No, I will call them part time, not additional. Your reasoning is a little apples and oranges to me!

L.P.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 22:33 (Ref:2525252)   #75
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I wonder if LNT will bring the G-Z with driver pairing they are using at Silverstone?
I really hope it shows, especially since it is painted orange this year. That car showed some real pace last year @ PLM until they received a nonsense penalty after a GT2 Porsche turned into them. After that there was a series of pit errors that ruined their race completely.