Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Jul 2018, 03:28 (Ref:3835303)   #76
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Fingers crossed they let it go after this event.
I don't think so. One of the greatest of all time and fan favourite after Brock.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Jul 2018, 04:15 (Ref:3835314)   #77
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
One of the greatest of all time
Not really. All of his success was because his car was seconds a lap better than everyone else's. He's driven for 4 teams and had 106 race wins, 103 of them with 2 teams - HRT and T8, both who were / are at their peak when he was driving for them. 3 wins in 4 years ( 2001 - 2004 - 00 Motorsport and FPR ) when in equal equipment to every one else rather than in something seconds a lap faster suggests the car has played fairly large part in his success. He's no wonder-boy when you look at the stats, in fact I'd argue Skaife was / is better, certainly managed to win in 2 completely different cars ( GTR and V8 Supercar ), and with 2 more championships was clearly more consistent. And then Whincup leaves them both for dead especially Lowndes, as they've been teammates for a long period. I'm not a fan of any of them btw, but the stats don't lie or wear rose-tinted glasses. For me Lowdnes is far from "One of the greatest of all time", probably better than average, but far from great. You could've put any one of a number of other young drivers in instead of Lowndes and they would've achieved the same.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 04:47 (Ref:3835319)   #78
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Let the argument begin...

What I'll say is, is the legend piggy-backed off that smile and public persona?
Old 8 Jul 2018, 05:24 (Ref:3835327)   #79
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Let the argument begin...

What I'll say is, is the legend piggy-backed off that smile and public persona?
Of course it is
Old 8 Jul 2018, 05:25 (Ref:3835328)   #80
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What a load of tosh. Even in the same gear at HRT Lowndes made everyone else look early in races particularly. And 888 was no juggernaut when he joined it, 888 became successful by building and developing successful race cars and to say the drivers had nothing to do with that is absurd.

Old 8 Jul 2018, 05:49 (Ref:3835332)   #81
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
When you're at that level, you put lots of drivers in the same car on the same track on the same day, and they'll be within half a bees' dick of each other. The difference between the drivers is so small it's not worth worrying about. The driver is but one small part of the team. As I said, you could have put almost any other driver in at 888 and the result would have been the same because Roland runs a high ship and gets the most out of his people. Lowndes chose to change teams, and it could have turned out to be career destroying if it had gone the way of so many new teams that plod along at the back of the grid for a couple of years and then implode, but fortunately for him it worked out. You certainly wouldn't have taken him on recent form, and the top end of town drivers at that time wouldn't have given that up to go to a virtually brand new team and go through the growing pains etc. Remember when Roalnd signed up Whincup? He'd be dumped the 2 years before by Gary Rogers, and done not much racing the next year, and Roland took a chance on him for I'll guess very little outlay while he was building his team up. Again, that could have worked out either way, and fortunately for Whincup it worked out well. If it hadn't, you'd probably have never heard of Whincup ever again. Motorsport is a lot of the time, being in what turns out to be the right place at the right time, although it doesn't appear that way initially. What if SvG had stayed with Erebus? He'd be a nobody now because he wouldn't have lasted through the whole Mercedes disaster. He chose to sit it out rather than go there, and fortunately it worked out for him. Yet look at the series of drivers that have gone through Erebus, where are they now? Ash Walsh is driving the new diesel utes the poor bloke!! Time and place, and a massive dose of luck. and Lowndes has had that the bulk of his career. No legend, just a lot more lucky than most.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 06:08 (Ref:3835338)   #82
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wall of text aside, Ash Walsh isn't driving in the utes this year.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 06:58 (Ref:3835347)   #83
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Wall of text aside, Ash Walsh isn't driving in the utes this year.
At least the Brabham he shunted last year looks nice...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 Jul 2018, 11:00 (Ref:3835398)   #84
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And not a single word about that found in all of the coverage of the car's unveiling recently....
Old 8 Jul 2018, 11:05 (Ref:3835400)   #85
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
And not a single word about that found in all of the coverage of the car's unveiling recently....
I wonder what broke....

Old 8 Jul 2018, 12:09 (Ref:3835410)   #86
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lowndes is excellent, but more of a race winner than a championship winner to me. He's great fun to watch because he's always going hell for leather but he lacks the true ruthlessness of a Whincup or a Skaife that wins absurd amounts of championships as opposed to 3 for a factory team (3 more than most will ever win).

I think SvGs career will turn out similar.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 19:43 (Ref:3835527)   #87
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So that’s what it was!
Old 8 Jul 2018, 23:28 (Ref:3835576)   #88
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm in support of JAFA851 on this one - I just wish CL had stuck at F3 longer what could have been considering JPM was his team mate and Helmut Marko was the manager (from memory).

At least now he can do some more European race meets like LeMans & N24 - would be a handy enduro driver in GT's - like Bernd Schneider
Old 9 Jul 2018, 02:59 (Ref:3835596)   #89
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well this is his 14th year with 888. In that time his team mates have won eight championships (Out of 13).
Old 9 Jul 2018, 05:00 (Ref:3835605)   #90
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Not really. All of his success was because his car was seconds a lap better than everyone else's. He's driven for 4 teams and had 106 race wins, 103 of them with 2 teams - HRT and T8, both who were / are at their peak when he was driving for them. 3 wins in 4 years ( 2001 - 2004 - 00 Motorsport and FPR ) when in equal equipment to every one else rather than in something seconin instead of Lowndes and they would've achieved the same.
OK then all that aside - the SECOND most popular driver ever behind Mr Brock !
Old 9 Jul 2018, 05:58 (Ref:3835611)   #91
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Imagine the level of spewing if Lowndes turned up in a Ford at DJR/Team Penske with Ludo monopolising the cause. That would be a golden moment, for sure.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 00:06 (Ref:3835774)   #92
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Ouch - TORCHED by his Ex

Looks like no more say Hello to Levi & Chilli back home then
Old 10 Jul 2018, 00:34 (Ref:3835775)   #93
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Ouch - TORCHED by his Ex

Looks like no more say Hello to Levi & Chilli back home then
Story Here

Has Mr Lowndes said ‘Hi to Levi & Chilli’ since Mr Reynolds did it one day as a joke?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Jul 2018, 01:38 (Ref:3835783)   #94
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The pair seemed quite at home in the DJRTP bunker.

Funny they all come out of the woodwork when something like this happens.

Didn't hear boo from Mr Whincup's former fiance about their split, until he bagged championship number 7.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 02:04 (Ref:3835787)   #95
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nat has been vocal via social media before about this topic. This is not the first time she has put something like this out there
Old 10 Jul 2018, 05:15 (Ref:3835806)   #96
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Nat has been vocal via social media before about this topic. This is not the first time she has put something like this out there
Im not sure airing the laundry on social media against her Ex is a good look.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 05:37 (Ref:3835809)   #97
Umai Naa
Veteran

In my experience with breakups and divorces, mud slinging is usually as a result of a guilty conscience, in attempt to shift blame, or deflect some sort of accountability.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 06:38 (Ref:3835813)   #98
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
In my experience with breakups and divorces, mud slinging is usually as a result of a guilty conscience, in attempt to shift blame, or deflect some sort of accountability.
This.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 06:41 (Ref:3835815)   #99
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
He's not the angel he'd have you believe, and most thinks he is, just like P Brock was no angel either. Mentored a bit too well maybe?? But the great unwashed will continue to worship them both as if they are the sole reason the sun shines each day.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 07:05 (Ref:3835816)   #100
Mixer
Veteran

If my ex is anything to go by not everything they say about someone can be relied upon, and I don't judge people based on commentary from someone who clearly has a grudge.

Sadly he is a public figure and she is using that to her advantage in mind games, whether or not the accusation is true or not, it isn't really any of her business, and she shows her lack of class by doing this publicly.