Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Apr 2005, 11:42 (Ref:1274603)   #51
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Gabriel, Anthony said that the races (Monza and Spa) were too close (one week) to be reasonnabily entered... they'll focus on FIA-GT now.
Thanks Fab, it does make sense. A pity for us Spa-going though...
Old 10 Apr 2005, 11:55 (Ref:1274633)   #52
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy_NL
Don't worry. I've seen it last night, you didn't miss much
Problem solved. Turned off the set top box and took out the card, waited a minute and switched the set top back on and re inserted the card and problem solved. If anyone else is having the problem i was having id suggest doing what i did.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 12:59 (Ref:1274697)   #53
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Noticed on the Motors TV program that Hughes De Chaunac said the Audi project was a long term one, and they were preparing for 2006.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 18:32 (Ref:1274897)   #54
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Interesting; is he anticipating getting his hands on an R9/R10?
Old 10 Apr 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1274934)   #55
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
Interesting; is he anticipating getting his hands on an R9/R10?
Interesting indeed... it is highly unlikely they will be able to update the R8 to run it next year right?
Old 10 Apr 2005, 20:25 (Ref:1274986)   #56
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandijk
Interesting indeed... it is highly unlikely they will be able to update the R8 to run it next year right?
Right, and if Joest were to return with Porsche........
Old 10 Apr 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1275036)   #57
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Right, and if Joest were to return with Porsche........
Why should they when they have a DTM and/or R10 program on their hands.

Porsche would likely run an inhouse factory team and supply favoured customers such as AJR, Freisinger etc.

It will be interesting to see how many R10s will be racing next year. Champion need at least one, possibly two cars. Then there will be at least two cars in the LMES, plus any customers cars such as ORECA.
Old 10 Apr 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1275067)   #58
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I do agree that the LMP1 Porsche project will be most probably be run in house (with LMP2's made available to customers).

But de Chaunac implies that Oreca will continue with Audi in 2006. I would expect the new car to be made available to just one European team and one American team in it's first season. If Oreca do run the new car in 2006 I am suggesting there may be Joest involvement with Porsche.....

(Mind you, we've been round this circle of speculation a few times recently. Only time will tell...)
Old 10 Apr 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1275104)   #59
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
lmsr.net reports that Fabrizio Gollin will be at Spa with BMS. Can anyone confirm the rumour I seem to recall that Christian Pescatori would also be back at BMS this year?
Old 11 Apr 2005, 03:24 (Ref:1275194)   #60
koho
Rookie

koho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is true, Gollin will be back with BMS as lmsr says.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 03:29 (Ref:1275198)   #61
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by koho
It is true, Gollin will be back with BMS as lmsr says.
Hello Koho, and welcome on board.

Any hint confirming your certitude ?
Old 11 Apr 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1275415)   #62
Tom V
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Tom V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad news

Just read at Pitstop.tv that Didier Theys won't race for Rollcentre after all.

Apparently Theys sponsor Lista couldn't get to an agreement with Rollcentre. It was not a money issue, Lista budget's was big enough but more a difference of opinions...

Theys said that he will have to miss Spa but he will look for another top ride in time for Monza.

Last edited by Saleen; 11 Apr 2005 at 11:51.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 13:25 (Ref:1275480)   #63
red bullet
Rookie

Belgium
Wezemaal
red bullet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first team has arrived in Spa. Yesterday there was a truck of Peninsula TVR (or something like that).
Old 11 Apr 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1275487)   #64
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen

Apparently Theys sponsor Lista couldn't get to an agreement with Rollcentre. It was not a money issue, Lista budget's was big enough but more a difference of opinions...

Theys said that he will have to miss Spa but he will look for another top ride in time for Monza.
There's also an official press release at www.race-rally.be where this is confirmed. A real pity for our Belgian friends, that teaming up with Vanina was something.

Last edited by brielga; 11 Apr 2005 at 13:38.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 16:22 (Ref:1275652)   #65
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen

In the same article pitstop.tv is speculating Lista has bought a Lola....
Old 11 Apr 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1275657)   #66
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
The number of new prototypes is really mounting up, its getting hard to keep track of them all.

Any news on TracSport?
Old 11 Apr 2005, 23:19 (Ref:1275935)   #67
koho
Rookie

koho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr. Fab,

I am not anyone important. I am a fan who knows BMS and they say this is true. Mr Gollin is confirmed.

I am not as knowledgeable as many in here but I read lmsr and find it a true report

Koho
Old 12 Apr 2005, 03:47 (Ref:1275992)   #68
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by koho
Mr. Fab,

I am not anyone important. I am a fan who knows BMS and they say this is true. Mr Gollin is confirmed.

I am not as knowledgeable as many in here but I read lmsr and find it a true report

Koho
OK.

And I like the "Mr" Fab - make me feel like I am some kind of VIP or something Ahem... forget it, I'm not

You could use the quote pad (under each post) to mention the text you're refering to, if you wish.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 06:26 (Ref:1276025)   #69
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
... and Theys was planning to quit the team after Spa to drive that Lola, instead of the Rollcentre one. (again, according to that one article)
Old 12 Apr 2005, 15:42 (Ref:1276445)   #70
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82
... and Theys was planning to quit the team after Spa to drive that Lola, instead of the Rollcentre one. (again, according to that one article)
So are they setting up a new team or what?
Old 12 Apr 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1276450)   #71
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
So are they setting up a new team or what?
If this story is true probably Doran Racing will run the car.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 16:10 (Ref:1276463)   #72
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't know about Doran, exactly - but superficially it will be similar.

Public announcement apparently coming this week.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 12 Apr 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1276494)   #73
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and I would assume an announcement at Spa if this will be an LMES effort...

or Road Atlanta if it is ALMS...

My guess is the former....debut at Monza???

but a possible trip to Petit Le Mans and Laguna Seca....

But what do I know....

Guess we'll find out soon enough....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 12 Apr 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1276528)   #74
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
We'll have the first DTM round in the middle of the Spa LMES coverage on MotorsTV
Old 12 Apr 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1276540)   #75
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes Fab - thats unfortunate. But the DTM is a very strong series, and extremely competitve and professional. U cant really blame Motors TV for airing LIVE DTM coverage, sure we are going to miss a little bit of the LMES, but we will still see the majority. Looking on the bright side of things however, there are no more LMES/DTM clashes to be had over the rest of the year.