Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Nov 2006, 09:13 (Ref:1764724)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could we see Renault and Ferrari have a post Alonso and a post Shumi year?

well could happen that Ferrari have a post Shumi/Brawn year and Renault have a post Alonso year,and that could open the door for McLaren (if they can give Alonso a good car),BMW (if they keep developing the way they are),RBR-Renault (if they live up to the hype of Newey/Renault/Webber/DC).
Old 13 Nov 2006, 09:28 (Ref:1764732)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe Honda will be the pace setters?
Old 13 Nov 2006, 09:39 (Ref:1764744)   #3
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I fully expect Red Bull Renault to make at least make a leap into the midfield packs. It's about time that the effect of Newey and his few ex-Mclaren colleagues make their presence felt, while Webber is a suitable driver to squeeze the performance out of such a car.

As for Mclaren, i do have some reservations, in that having lost many key personnels in drivers and team, with no clear succession plans, and that key additions were made relatively late in the season, it's hard to see them sort things out. That said, Mclaren isn't a bad car, but much will depend on the Mercedes unit.

Much has been said about BMW and Williams. many were keen to see BMW fall because (1) they ditched Williams (2) they ditched JV. But so far, the team has performed strongly, with a quick driver pairing, and the team is just getting down to work. I believe the team will improve from where they left off.

Williams will be a wild card, it's so hard to predict how they will go. Cash is tight, driver pairing is normal, but somehow, they could spring a surprise. Much would depend on if Williams can make a decent chassis to keep them firmly in the upper tier of the mid-fields.

Honda and Toyota should get down to work. Both teams often seem to be distracted by some small issues. Toyota's driver pairings are not the strongest, nor exactly good mates. Their car is not developing considering the budget. Honda seems more able to get the job done, and Button is a strong driver... but rumours of internal politics is something to watch out for.

It's going to be an open season...but hey, that's what we predict last year isn't it.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1765105)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it's RBR's year, and obviously, DC and MW year.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:02 (Ref:1765122)   #5
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
I think it's RBR's year, and obviously, DC and MW year.
DC's anyway. *Outa my way!*
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:07 (Ref:1765127)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Renault have only lost Alonso, they have consistency in many other departments so we'll see how much Alonso was worth to the team with his pace.

There have been many more substantial changes at Ferrari so it will take time for the whole system to gel. Plus, MS was a large driving force behind it all, it will be interesting to see what Kimi can do.

Really, this is when Honda and Toyota should really be going all out as now is the perfect time to produce a sensational car/engine package because the playing field has changed so much.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:13 (Ref:1765140)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1manoz

Really, this is when Honda and Toyota should really be going all out as now is the perfect time to produce a sensational car/engine package because the playing field has changed so much.
Prepare to be underwhelmed.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:17 (Ref:1765145)   #8
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I think Red Bull will be massively strong, but I don't understand why people believe Williams will do well. They're a sinking ship imo.

Selby
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:24 (Ref:1765152)   #9
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some good posts in this thread.
I feel Honda (and maybe Red Bull) could be strong next year, I really don't think the tyre change will affect them too much, Bridgstone will provide a more conservative tyre so it will be new to everyone
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:25 (Ref:1765154)   #10
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1manoz

Honda yes, Toyota Well...........................
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:26 (Ref:1765155)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
I can't see RedBull doing that well.Adrian Newey produced a car (Mclaren's) that was second best to Renault and Ferrari all season.The odd podium (very odd) at best.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:30 (Ref:1765158)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Adrian was not there to develop it at the crucial stages though, such as the final details and, crucially, throughout the season.

The car looked to have some unlockable pace initially, but they never made that breakthrough. Newey would probably have given them that.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:38 (Ref:1765164)   #13
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Adrian was not there to develop it at the crucial stages though, such as the final details and, crucially, throughout the season.
Maybe you're right,maybe he was just too busy making the RB2 go slower.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1765191)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Which was a car he had almost nothing to do with.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1765205)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Come on guys, I think Briatore knows what it's best for his kids !
Old 14 Nov 2006, 11:05 (Ref:1765776)   #16
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have a feeling the surprise package of the season could be Massa he has matured this year and became a good racer (kept up with Shumi most of the time) he played a good number 2 to Shumi this year and i feel given his chance next year he could well make Kimi look average IMO (i hope Massa my #2 to Webber).
Old 14 Nov 2006, 11:47 (Ref:1765825)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

So let's wait and see...
Old 14 Nov 2006, 20:16 (Ref:1766172)   #18
Kieran20
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Kieran20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Maybe Honda will be the pace setters?
lets hope and button to be champion . though this is my dream. i expect massa and ferrari to be strong and kimi. alonso and mclaren i have no idea, mclaren are unpredictablke when making cars. renault, they are always on damgae limitation and never have the fastest car, so i expect they wont win.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 16:30 (Ref:1766971)   #19
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I expect that Ferrari, Renault, Mclaren, Williams, BMW, and RBR, will all be fighting for just one spot on the podium - first and second place will be Super-A!