Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Sep 2009, 22:49 (Ref:2538825)   #151
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZY PEEL View Post
I have a TKR jacket in my wardrobe. It cost me alot of money and I would gladly wear it again if the team (TKR) was brought back but under a different management structure.

The name is out there and it is well recognised in NZ, espically in the 8 - 14 year old kids who have seen this NZ icon at karting events, Mitre 10 Mega, on the national money collection tour and espically racing on the TV againsts dads HRT or FPR.

The majority of the NZ public and TV watchers don't know the behind the sceens B.S. and just want to support NZ/Kiwi cause thats what we do.

If future management can somehow hang onto the brand then they allready have one hell of a head start!!
I agree, on the money.

Speaking of money I have 3 brand new still in the wrapper TRK shirts I never used for a promotion - Any bidders?
Old 12 Sep 2009, 09:29 (Ref:2538937)   #152
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gimme $10 for each of them & I'll take them off your hands!!!!!!!
Old 12 Sep 2009, 15:24 (Ref:2539073)   #153
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC View Post
I agree, on the money.

Speaking of money I have 3 brand new still in the wrapper TRK shirts I never used for a promotion - Any bidders?
Three sheep.
Old 12 Sep 2009, 21:26 (Ref:2539274)   #154
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
Gimme $10 for each of them & I'll take them off your hands!!!!!!!
And then give me another fifty bucks or I'll give them back...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 12 Sep 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2539278)   #155
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's tempting Razor, are they cute?

Thanks ForumNick but I'm good now - I just made an easer $10US from DanicaFan. he thinks Danica Patrick will win Montegi and just to a 10er on it - sucker!!!!

Anyway back on topic - um errrrrr hummmmmm, nope sorry nothing new to add
Old 12 Sep 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2539307)   #156
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
tell razor to put his money where his mouth is

or just chuck them in the tr8880r bin
Old 14 Sep 2009, 04:38 (Ref:2540173)   #157
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
opinion8head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrswife View Post
Agree Blueblood - just quietly I think he likes the sound of this voice (words) and he like the Smilies men!!!

Can some just send the men in white coats and put him out of his misery!

I like hearing the truth,so do the great unwashed.
It's something NO ONE hears from ya mate.
Some people can't handle the truth, Eh?

It's out there, and it's getting louder.

I like fun too!
The smiley men are Fun.

EZY PEEL,
I agree,
and I'd rather wear my expensive Jacket than flick it.
Not happy to hear Kids are now getting "the CHARM."

smokin'joe
Right Again. and it aint over yet.
Old 17 Sep 2009, 09:35 (Ref:2542680)   #158
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by opinion8head View Post

smokin'joe
Right Again. and it aint over yet.
mate, it's only just begun :

Current News: TKR UPDATE - 16th September 2009

* BATHURST 2009 NO GO
* DAVID JOHN GETS GREEN LIGHT FROM OA TO PROCEED WITH ANNULMENT
* TKR GET READY FOR NZ CHAMPIONSHIP AND RETURN TO V8 SUPERCAR CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2010

Hi All

Firstly let me say a big big thank you to those who supported our 10th Anniversary Bathurst bid financially and or simply with best wishes.

However despite giving Bathurst this year our best shot it is not to be.

V8 Supercars have confirmed that despite the positives of seeing TKR on the grid at Bathurst this year we will have to wait to celebrate our 10th Bathurst start in 2010.

V8 Supercars went on to say they simply could not have a set of rules for TKR and another set for other teams as the wildcard entry we were chasing that was vacated by Sonic Motorsport was for both of the enduro races being Phillip island and Bathurst not just one.

Furthermore other teams had already been knocked back on just starting at Bathurst.

I did say we would do two more races after Bathurst to make up for not running at Phillip Island but that would still leave V8 Supercars open to legal challenges from others within the sport.

Unfortunately I have to except this decision and I must say I do understand why they could not bend the rules for TKR.

On the positive side it now gives TKR time to get ready for our unveiling of new cars and drivers next month as well as a new naming rights sponsor that will see TKR return to our grass roots here in New Zealand Motorsport while we finalise deals to be back on the grid in the Australian V8 Supercar Championship in 2010.

There is plenty of work still to be done but as many of you have seen we are not shy of hard work.

This is what has got me through the last 7 months and why I can proudly stand here today to say that I have been given the green light from the OA to proceed with getting my annulment.

I will keep you updated later this week re our launch/unveiling plans for the NZ Championship cars and drivers.

In the meantime anyone who wishes to discuss their involvement further both here in NZ and or in association with our V8 Supercar campaign in 2010 please feel free to contact me on 021 636 877.

Again thanks for all who got behind the Bathurst push this year.

On wards and upwards for TKR.

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, TC and the rest of the big bad bullies wouldn't let him play.....diddums

and the fact the OA has allowed him to proceed, dosn't mean it's gonna happen.

BTW, if he is to race in NZ, what would he member club be?? may have to write them a letter to get his membership suspended!! it would bring me great satisfaction, aye Southern Man
Old 18 Sep 2009, 00:44 (Ref:2543165)   #159
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Don't tell me...

Roland got in the way? Ross,Jimmy,Paul M,Paul R, Steve Owens,Craig Hasted ?...leaked their past "payment schedule proposal" emails from DJ to TC did they? Or is TC still ****ed at giving that exclusive NO FINES descision for our team way back and still not over it?
Maybe FPR had something to do with it.The current director "confirmed, in his opinion" FORD Australia owed TKR a sizeable refund a year or so back, maybe they were "final straw" that "confirmed it's canned".They recieved email "proposals" too.
Or FORD NZ, still bothered at having to go to court in Hamilton to get their vehicles back,and not getting them all delivered at that.
David kept saying Mark P,Kayne and Terry.
What about Nigel Barclay, wasn't he in there somewhere.
I recon its someone else, but it's to soon to say yet...
BUT...It will be someone elses fault, ALWAYS IS!
I think its fair to say...
EVERYONE who has been DEALT TO by DJ...REMEMBERS!
AND in 9 years DJ has dealt to all,freely and with no favourites or concern.

My guess is VESA decided that a fitting reward for TKR's 9 years of action,
"we were just asking for one day to celebrate 9 years of TKRs participation" was to say NO! NO MORE. Fans can not affort to prepare a race car for the dream while DJ plays hookey with the start money, crews wages,hot lap funds,merchandise, suppliers,sponsors, et al.

THE GREEN LIGHT...could to be fading a bit of late as well,
I suspect the OA isn't quite getting the information she requires to complete her formalities, if past negatiations with others are the format.
The twins... with their games and their "history of dealings " could be guarantors their own undoing.
The OA... is the official with the ability to send in the bulls if required or if she feels the need..."any relevant public interest consideration"
is a phrase that springs to mind.

Considering that the only successful creditor gaining a judgement is the ANZ/NAT... and that bought in the OA...I believe you are correct smokin'joe...the situation for "the dream" may well be about to gain greater illumination.

Never mind the unveiling next month David ...when are the people gunna get their Supercar Hot Lap rides this month?
AND WHERE...some wanna go take a look!
Old 21 Sep 2009, 01:25 (Ref:2544625)   #160
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
:Just thought I'd tidy this up for ya DJ.

Current News: TKR UPDATE - 16th September 2009

* BATHURST 2009 NO GO
* DAVID JOHN GETS GREEN LIGHT FROM OA TO PROCEED WITH ANNULMENT
* TKR GET READY FOR NZ CHAMPIONSHIP AND RETURN TO V8 SUPERCAR CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2010

Hi All

Firstly let me say a big big thank you to those who supported our 10th Anniversary Bathurst bid financially and or simply with best wishes.
[A Big Thank You?...How about big big reimbursements for those who personally loaned you money towards the last two Bathursts,David. You could include the interest as well that would be fair]

However despite giving Bathurst this year our best shot it is not to be.
[Truth is known… it was never never never never on the cards ,Just another ploy,to try and convince Good Folk its not real, this situation you have managed yourself into.]

V8 Supercars have confirmed that despite the positives of seeing TKR on the grid at Bathurst this year we will have to wait to celebrate our 10th Bathurst start in 2010.
[VESA have “confirmed” nothing, common sense dictated a denial…you have to “PAY to PLAY” VESA is a shareholder group. You have screwed most of the board on VESA with your dealings since DAY ONE…BS! NOTHING POSITIVE IN DRAMA]

V8 Supercars went on to say they simply could not have a set of rules for TKR and another set for other teams [AS HAS EVERYONE ELSE,]
“as the wildcard entry we were chasing that was vacated by Sonic Motorsport was for both of the enduro races being Phillip island and Bathurst not just one.[ What prattle!]

Furthermore other teams had already been knocked back on just starting at Bathurst.
FURTHERMORE?....Deans going…His family’s money is the only reason two of your creditors are going to get paid…IF..you meet the Official Assignees criteria… ONLY IF…

I did say we would do two more races after Bathurst to make up for not running at Phillip Island but that would still leave V8 Supercars open to legal challenges from others within the sport.[MORE PRATTLE]

Unfortunately I have to except this decision and I must say I do understand why they could not bend the rules for TKR.[They bent the rules for you in the past, and they REMEMBER…EH]

On the positive side it now gives TKR time to get ready for our unveiling of new cars and drivers next month as well as a new naming rights sponsor that will see TKR return to our grass roots here in New Zealand Motorsport while we finalise deals to be back on the grid in the Australian V8 Supercar Championship in 2010.[Yada Yada Yada …MORE PRATTLE]

There is plenty of work still to be done but as many of you have seen we are not shy of hard work.
[Not shy, just incapable of hard work…LEAVES IT ALL TO OTHERS…Who usually have to pay as well]

This is what has got me through the last 7 months and why I can proudly stand here today to say that I have been given the green light from the OA to proceed with getting my annulment.
[A GREEN LIGHT?...Not until the paper chase has been completed…Best get your Accomplice/Accountant/Director to dig out all that missing paperwork…It Ain’t over till the paperwork’s done…Eh. Oh that’s right you have had your computer stored info go missing several times in the past Eh?
PROUD of WHAT? Getting snapped by a Bank, I’m proud of the Bank, Someone finally got it FAIR AND SQUARE... RIGHT?]

I will keep you updated later this week re our launch/unveiling plans for the NZ Championship cars and drivers…[By all means Gasbag on …]

In the meantime anyone who wishes to discuss their involvement further both here in NZ and or in association with our V8 Supercar campaign in 2010 please feel free to contact me on 021 636 877.
[And for those of you who wish to discuss old accounts…Our Lawyers will be in touch Eh.]

Again thanks for all who got behind the Bathurst push this year.
[Who would that be David…Mike?]

On wards and upwards for TKR…How Original…and misleading…

BATHURST 2009 TKR NO GO…THIS IS TRUE…the only fact!

DAVID JOHN CONTINUES TO DREAM…

TKR MAY HAVE A SUZUKI TO RACE…Well to sign write maybe. Someone else’s car.

DJ MAY RETURN FOR MORE… After his annulment…
THE EARTH IS FLAT!

Haere ra
Old 23 Sep 2009, 20:09 (Ref:2546921)   #161
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First lot of Hotlaps should be this weekend shouldn't they?
Old 23 Sep 2009, 23:25 (Ref:2547041)   #162
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
The dream site sez...Sept 25th...due tomorrow...but what in and where?
Is it gunna be the two ex supercars?

Rain is forecasted...Heavy rain...I'll go out on a limb here and predict...
"Postponed due to weather"......Furthermore...
Probably be "confirmed" for some other date... in line with safety considerations.

Strangely none of my mates who booked and paid in 2007/2008 seem to be included... In fact the silence has been total for them all...
UNLESS...they are to be included in October 21st' FUNFEST...

Nah... I'm just being facetious...IT AINT GUNNA HAPPEN!
If two TKR ex Supercars go around Puke on wets tomorrow giving rides to pre paid customers, I'll eat my keyboard...I Will!
Old 24 Sep 2009, 01:35 (Ref:2547073)   #163
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Someone would be in that area with camera to show others cars going round with no TKR.

The tracks not booked by TKR the booking for the track says it's an open test day. I'm sure that we would see a transporter to bring the ride day cars rain or shine.
Old 24 Sep 2009, 22:01 (Ref:2547635)   #164
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
Someone would be in that area with camera to show others cars going round with no TKR.

The tracks not booked by TKR the booking for the track says it's an open test day. I'm sure that we would see a transporter to bring the ride day cars rain or shine.
...Nah... No Transporter today...Someone whose "in the know" told me...
Hot Laps are next month..."Confirmed"...A misprint on the dream site perhaps?
October 21st a Wednesday in the future to look forward to for this lucky soul...he's fizzing ...And accepting the explaination given by DJ ...poor bugger.
As Freddy Mercury sang..."another one bites the dust"

Old 24 Sep 2009, 22:18 (Ref:2547644)   #165
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
How do you take a picture of nothing?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Sep 2009, 00:21 (Ref:2547693)   #166
flyingduck
Veteran

Well the track is not booked on that day for anyone and will be closed, DJ better get a booking in for the day.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 01:07 (Ref:2547716)   #167
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Aaahh...unless its dark, the camera always gets something.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 20:09 (Ref:2548245)   #168
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
How about a picture of sold out people. No smiles there...
Or pictures of bounced cheques.
Pictures of promises.

...I see where you're coming from GTR M

flyingduck... you know the track is not booked for that day?...Why am I not surprised at this news?
David will be furious...someone must have let him down..AGAIN!
Old 25 Sep 2009, 20:41 (Ref:2548266)   #169
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Hi GTR,
I do have some factual TKR news for this thread.

David John/TKR/driver, have actually purchased 2 second hand,Mini Cooper race cars, to run in the Mini class, which will now be a class with in the NZ Production Car Championship.

The Minis have had to be folded into the Production category because they only have eight confirmed entry's at this point in time, two of those being from TKR.

The NZ Mini's are the first generation cars, and quite a bit slower than the second generation Minis that you have in the Australian Mini Series.

There were twenty Mini's sold in NZ, so this means 12 of them are parked up. However no doubt Brent Collins, will come out at one or two the South Island races, and blow them all away as usual.

Cheers,

Mark Petch.
Old 25 Sep 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2548299)   #170
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi GTR,

David John/TKR/driver,

Cheers,

Mark Petch.

So Tkrs entrys will represent a quarter of the racing field...
They may well come fourth in a championship.Things are looking up,potentially, results wise.I cant wait for DJs publicity blurb.

Maybe the "hot laps" is a U Drive We thrive thing.
The opportunity to race as no other ex supercar team has before.

Is that where the lost hot laps money went,buying minis?
Old 27 Sep 2009, 18:50 (Ref:2549296)   #171
Geewizz
Racer

Geewizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Hi GTR,

David John/TKR/driver, have actually purchased 2 second hand,Mini Cooper race cars, to run in the Mini class
Mark, I thought the cheques for the cars were actually written out by the parents of the youngsters lined up to drive them, not by TKR. TKR is going to run them tho....??
Old 27 Sep 2009, 21:15 (Ref:2549386)   #172
flyingduck
Veteran

Quote:
How about a picture of sold out people. No smiles there...
Or pictures of bounced cheques.
Pictures of promises.

...I see where you're coming from GTR M

flyingduck... you know the track is not booked for that day?...Why am I not surprised at this news?
David will be furious...someone must have let him down..AGAIN!

If you just go to http://www.countiesracing.co.nz/moto...bookingtypeid=
it will tell you all bookings for Puke
Old 27 Sep 2009, 22:31 (Ref:2549420)   #173
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One of the dates matches with a TKR booking at Pukekohe... perhaps the other bookings are for other tracks?

Any idea on who the drivers are?
Old 28 Sep 2009, 00:35 (Ref:2549461)   #174
opinion8head
Racer

New Zealand
Cow Country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geewizz View Post
Mark, I thought the cheques for the cars were actually written out by the parents of the youngsters lined up to drive them, not by TKR. TKR is going to run them tho....??
Gee... This sounds familiar...
Kayne supplied the cheques that paid for the Ex T8 falcon...The car that Mike the new Director, had the "The Ownership is TKRs, Contract 101" situation with...remember?...An ongoing dispute here...Writ on the screen etc...

AND... Remember the trade me auctions?
With the "Ford supplied" Falcon shadow cars?
"Available for sale?"... ...NOT!
and they had to be de stickered on purchase as well...What a deal...

Cars that were NOT COMPLIANT although they somehow found their way onto NZs register.
AND THEN...Couldn't be sold until certain financial institutions had been satisfied.
Like the XR 8 sold by David, that was plucked from its proud new purchaser some years ago...Supplied by Ford Australia... A $1.00 Car,to be returned to FORD on completion of duties...
FOR DESTRUCTION...NOT TO BE SOLD!
She missed out badly that buyer...and she was considered a "Friend of the Team."AND GIVEN A "special personal opportunity"...

I wonder how long it will take the PARENTS to discover their kids minis have been "Hocked Up" for loans by DJ?
Reasurances will be given, as in the past.
BUT, as in the past,It Will Be... TOO LATE.

They will get hocked up... Historically speaking!
Nothing new here.. ...same fertiliser different padock.
Old 28 Sep 2009, 01:51 (Ref:2549476)   #175
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Gee... This sounds familiar...
Kayne supplied the cheques that paid for the Ex T8 falcon...The car that Mike the new Director, had the "The Ownership is TKRs, Contract 101" situation with...remember?...An ongoing dispute here...Writ on the screen etc....
Wonder whatever happened to that 888 falcon chassis?