Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Dec 2012, 10:54 (Ref:3178881)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brands Hatch Masters Festival

All the Masters series.

http://www.themastersseries.com/event-information.html
Old 20 May 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3250460)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Is this the right place to start discussion?

Where's the entry list? Nothing showing on their website and only 4 days to go?
Old 20 May 2013, 17:53 (Ref:3250698)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Is this the right place to start discussion?

Where's the entry list? Nothing showing on their website and only 4 days to go?
Yep, Delta team will be there with three FJ's. Hope not a repeat of last year,with all the hassel of TV dead lines.
Old 21 May 2013, 07:43 (Ref:3250957)   #4
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am racing
a Junior in the Lurani, my Brabham BT 2
and with the HGPCA, my Lotus 18

I wanted to enter my March F1 in HFO but that is not quite ready yet.

Rudolf
Old 21 May 2013, 09:22 (Ref:3251004)   #5
AntA35
Rookie

United Kingdom
The Midlands
AntA35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MRL have their entries up:

Woodcote Trophy:

http://motorracinglegends.com/myfile...%20BH%20V1.pdf

HTCC:

http://motorracinglegends.com/myfile...0List%20V2.pdf
Old 21 May 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3251008)   #6
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
....Where's the entry list? Nothing showing on their website and only 4 days to go?
Sadly, not unusual for Masters......
Old 21 May 2013, 09:40 (Ref:3251011)   #7
shaunhollamby
Rookie

United Kingdom
Chelsfield, Kent
shaunhollamby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, bit of a long shot but looking for a drive in the Masters event this weekend if anyone knows a car that needs a driver? Cheers Shaun Hollamby 01708 861827
Old 21 May 2013, 10:22 (Ref:3251027)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntA35 View Post
Anthony how are you sir!

What's this 635 on the list?! Duncan Arthurs rings a bell?
Old 21 May 2013, 11:01 (Ref:3251046)   #9
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We might go down ourselves, which day is the best? What's the Woodcote Trophy? Is it the 50s stuff? In which case I'll give it a miss and go on the Sunday which looks more interesting.
Old 21 May 2013, 11:16 (Ref:3251052)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
We might go down ourselves, which day is the best? What's the Woodcote Trophy? Is it the 50s stuff? In which case I'll give it a miss and go on the Sunday which looks more interesting.
Yes, and others may disagree with you!
Old 21 May 2013, 11:17 (Ref:3251053)   #11
AntA35
Rookie

United Kingdom
The Midlands
Quote:
Anthony how are you sir!

What's this 635 on the list?! Duncan Arthurs rings a bell?
All's well with me, thank you for asking. I don't know this particular 635 as its not been out with MRL before, but it's great news that we now have one coming along to battle out the Group A class.

Things are moving along with the Touring cars now and there are quite a few now in a re-build programme for a 2014 showing. We might even see some of these additions (original cars too) at Portugal in the autumn!
Old 21 May 2013, 13:06 (Ref:3251117)   #12
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes, and others may disagree with you!
:Laugh:

Really? People on here disagree with a valued opinion? Shurely shome mishtake?

Chacun a son gout. I love the pre war stuff and 60s onwards.
Old 21 May 2013, 14:53 (Ref:3251165)   #13
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
All's well with me, thank you for asking. I don't know this particular 635 as its not been out with MRL before, but it's great news that we now have one coming along to battle out the Group A class.

Things are moving along with the Touring cars now and there are quite a few now in a re-build programme for a 2014 showing. We might even see some of these additions (original cars too) at Portugal in the autumn!
Indeed, I don't recognise it either, my suspicion is that it's been hired or purchased from somewhere in Europe as there's only 1-3 cars over here to the best of my knowledge.

I agree, the intent is there from several quarters to have hardware out in the near future, I guess we all have to stay patient with it as it will be a trickle effect but it's headed in the right direction.

N.B. just realised I should post this in the specific series thread.
Old 21 May 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3251186)   #14
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Removed.

Last edited by Chigley; 21 May 2013 at 16:07. Reason: Corrupted link.
Old 21 May 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3251188)   #15
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An entry list
Old 21 May 2013, 16:36 (Ref:3251201)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Ian. Some good grids there!

Old 21 May 2013, 18:03 (Ref:3251257)   #17
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is another here with race event numbers added to the entries. Have booked to go on Monday albeit regretting missing Sunday already !

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/me...ntry_lists.pdf
Old 21 May 2013, 19:47 (Ref:3251334)   #18
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Superb, best meeting of the year for me. Just need the weather to improve! I've done the Le Mans classic a few times but to have this line up on the Brands GP circuit plus some tintop action on Saturday as well is great. Need to get busy on Friday after work converting my transporter for weekend habitation!

Last edited by justracing; 21 May 2013 at 19:52.
Old 22 May 2013, 16:54 (Ref:3251748)   #19
AntA35
Rookie

United Kingdom
The Midlands
I wonder if this is the 635 in question?

Note: the website states it was sold in Feb this year.

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/find...lCarID=1814637
Old 23 May 2013, 05:58 (Ref:3252027)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
I wonder if this is the 635 in question?

Note: the website states it was sold in Feb this year.

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/find...lCarID=1814637
Yes!! That's the sale one I thought could be it too. Great looking car?
Old 23 May 2013, 09:46 (Ref:3252115)   #21
AntA35
Rookie

United Kingdom
The Midlands
Quote:
Yes!! That's the sale one I thought could be it too. Great looking car?
I think its fab. We need to see these cars out, so let's hope its the one, or something similar. I don't know much about the Garage du Bac cars and this isn't the post to start asking questions.

Looking forward to the weekend, the grid of Touring cars is looking much more on the full side with an array of original cars and some grid fillers, so hopefully there will be some racing at the front, in the middle and at the back.
Old 23 May 2013, 16:00 (Ref:3252206)   #22
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It always baffles me why this meeting isn't more well supported by the general public. Admiittedly the spectators are usually reasonably good in numbers (judging by previous years) but given the quality and breadth of cars racing at this meeting together with the venue, the level of interest is generally low.
It would seem that I'm in a miniority in regarding this as one of the motor racing highlights of the year, people seem to flock to watch other events including watching a diverse mixture of vehicles charging up a hill on a country estate on a time trial where viewing is severely restricted and other such events where unless you attended the right school you don't get a look in, there are no such restrictions at this meeting and in my experience you can get up close and personal to all the cars and the participants are more than willing to talk to a genuine admirer.
Old 24 May 2013, 18:40 (Ref:3252770)   #23
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
AAAAGGGGHHHH!

Just had a phone call offering me a pair of free tickets for this.....when I'm already committed to Oulton tomorrow and have other things planned for the rest of the weekend......

Why can't people give you some notice when they are giving you free stuff

If anyone else around the Manchester area could use them I can check if they are still available......
Old 24 May 2013, 19:03 (Ref:3252777)   #24
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
AAAAGGGGHHHH!

Just had a phone call offering me a pair of free tickets for this.....when I'm already committed to Oulton tomorrow and have other things planned for the rest of the weekend......

Why can't people give you some notice when they are giving you free stuff

If anyone else around the Manchester area could use them I can check if they are still available......
That would tear me up, Oulton's great.
Old 26 May 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3253655)   #25
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Oulton was good, as ever, apart from an appaling Safety Car deployment when the SC sat in the pit out lane with lights flashing until being sent out after the leading car passed........