Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Mar 2020, 19:02 (Ref:3964650)   #1751
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Actually Bob , if you look closely at the wheelnuts on NSF wheel they are different pictures , so probably taken standing side by side .
Now you are just being silly Tel, no one is standing next to anyone, it is against government policy. This is to avoid the spread of illegal images, you can see from the picture below that the 'Steer Clear' sign is being displayed.
Attached Thumbnails
Bob in Action.jpg  
Old 16 Mar 2020, 20:08 (Ref:3964682)   #1752
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Now you are just being silly Tel, no one is standing next to anyone, it is against government policy. This is to avoid the spread of illegal images, you can see from the picture below that the 'Steer Clear' sign is being displayed.
Well , that is amazing , you learn something new every day .
I always though SC stood for ****** **** oops , just realised I am not allowed to use one of those words .
Old 16 Mar 2020, 20:55 (Ref:3964700)   #1753
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I always though SC stood for ****** **** oops , just realised I am not allowed to use one of those words .
Kenny Everett anyone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5LcYT2-QTE
Old 17 Mar 2020, 08:45 (Ref:3964788)   #1754
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will endeavour to steer the conversation on to safer ground;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5139.JPG   IMG_5136.JPG   IMG_5112 g.jpg  

IMG_5155.JPG   IMG_5190.JPG   IMG_5143.JPG  

Old 17 Mar 2020, 09:09 (Ref:3964799)   #1755
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post

Actually I thought it meant " Supreme Cameraperson " .
But then I realised that the SUPREMES were all ladies , so I could not say that .

Phew ! I think I got away with it that time .
Old 17 Mar 2020, 09:38 (Ref:3964814)   #1756
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Well calling somebody stupid is a bit insulting.
Old 17 Mar 2020, 10:10 (Ref:3964827)   #1757
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Let’s just stick to the pics and avoid going off track, maybe.....
Old 17 Mar 2020, 13:57 (Ref:3964912)   #1758
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Let’s just stick to the pics and avoid going off track, maybe.....
Here we go, something for everyone.

Good idea, although I am sure Tel meant no offence to anyone - even me.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1019.JPG   IMG_1222.JPG   IMG_1406.JPG  

IMG_5031.JPG   IMG_5173.JPG   IMG_6576.JPG  

Old 17 Mar 2020, 15:23 (Ref:3964945)   #1759
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Unusual and very nice view on the Racer. One question I retain for a long time, related to the pics Mike, is why are there so many B's and not so many TR 4's? Matter of cost in general or category or something else?
Old 17 Mar 2020, 15:54 (Ref:3964955)   #1760
bauble
Veteran

England
Not sure what pic you are referring to GerryMo, but never mind here are a few more;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1971.JPG   IMG_1925.JPG   IMG_5278.JPG  

IMG_9139.JPG   Tim Patchett MG TA.jpg 8.jpg   IMG_5346.JPG  

Old 17 Mar 2020, 15:54 (Ref:3964956)   #1761
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Unusual and very nice view on the Racer. One question I retain for a long time, related to the pics Mike, is why are there so many B's and not so many TR 4's? Matter of cost in general or category or something else?
Considerably more B's racing than TR4's, it is as simple as that.
Old 17 Mar 2020, 16:02 (Ref:3964960)   #1762
bauble
Veteran

England
Relax;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7135.JPG   IMG_9474.JPG   IMG_9461.JPG  

IMG_9460.JPG   IMG_9506.JPG   IMG_9386.JPG  

Old 17 Mar 2020, 18:31 (Ref:3965002)   #1763
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes of course RBS et toi mon Ami Robert, matter of fact you have more B's than TR's. My question was not about the pics themselves but why your drivers go for an MG more likely than a Triumph. Is its because the under 2 liter class or costs or something else?
Old 17 Mar 2020, 20:23 (Ref:3965046)   #1764
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Gerard, sorry missed that question. One post answer so as not to go OFF TOPIC...

Why MGB-
More donor cars to build from
Better new and used body panel availability (shell even)
Monocoque rather than chassis/ body
Better new and used mechanical parts availability
Smaller and lighter
Less brick like
Goes into Under 2 litre class instead of 2 to 3 litre class (sometimes 2.5 litre class)
Stronger gearbox
Potentially cheaper engine rebuilds
Sweet handling

No more discussion.....
Old 17 Mar 2020, 21:12 (Ref:3965060)   #1765
bauble
Veteran

England
… and they come in all of the colours ……
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1058.JPG   IMG_1098.JPG   IMG_1080.JPG  

IMG_1193.JPG   IMG_1106.JPG   IMG_1069.JPG  

Old 17 Mar 2020, 21:16 (Ref:3965063)   #1766
bauble
Veteran

England
….. and you can save money on front tyres …. but not on the back …!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1091.JPG   IMG_1111.JPG   IMG_1140.JPG  

IMG_1122.JPG   IMG_1102.JPG   IMG_1093.JPG  

Old 18 Mar 2020, 08:02 (Ref:3965154)   #1767
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Baub that’s a great shot of Paul Latimer three wheeling his ex Rod Longton MGB, which I’ve taken the liberty of forwarding, hope that’s ok.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 09:13 (Ref:3965166)   #1768
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Baub that’s a great shot of Paul Latimer three wheeling his ex Rod Longton MGB, which I’ve taken the liberty of forwarding, hope that’s ok.
Is that #90 the RL car? I remember Rod in a black and yellow Modsports B. It was a very long time ago now, I started my racing in the BCV8 and Midget Championships, must have been 1980/81 era?

So many cars cut and shut to take engine relocation, bigger wheels, trick suspension. Happy days but the Appendix K purists would have a fit these days.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Mar 2020, 11:52 (Ref:3965220)   #1769
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes it’s VFO the red MGB showing #80, should have gone to spec savers Max

Rod raced various MGs & TVRs through the years and had VFO his FIA MGB, which he’d been racing since the 80s, recommissioned to celebrate 50 years of racing in the early 2000s. I was lucky enough to race it with him at Spa Six, Le Mans Classic & Targa Florio amongst others.

Rod was one of the old school who remembered Barry SS & Gerry Marshall in short trousers.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 16:16 (Ref:3965288)   #1770
bauble
Veteran

England
Apart from Corona Virus, smoking is also bad for your health;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8088.JPG   IMG_8089.JPG   IMG_8090.JPG  

IMG_8091.JPG   IMG_8092.JPG   IMG_8093.JPG  

Old 18 Mar 2020, 16:18 (Ref:3965291)   #1771
bauble
Veteran

England
You don't see many of these racing;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6657.JPG   IMG_6658.JPG   IMG_6673.JPG  

IMG_6686.JPG   IMG_6691.JPG   IMG_7782.JPG  

Old 18 Mar 2020, 16:38 (Ref:3965300)   #1772
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is that you MG David in #54? I know you had "knock on" Minilites at one stage, and it looks like the Bell helmet you had and even your seating position in the car.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 17:40 (Ref:3965362)   #1773
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Is that you MG David in #54? I know you had "knock on" Minilites at one stage, and it looks like the Bell helmet you had and even your seating position in the car.
I might have a better view, I will check later.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 21:44 (Ref:3965415)   #1774
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I might have a better view, I will check later.
Nope, I don't. sorry.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 23:32 (Ref:3965425)   #1775
bauble
Veteran

England
I'm off to bed;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9947.JPG   Sm 1.JPG   Sm 2.JPG  

Sm 4.JPG   IMG_9912.JPG   Sm 3.JPG