Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 6 Oct 2008, 08:35 (Ref:2305183)   #1
Jamesd
Racer

Jamesd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford Spares

Hi

I am doing a college project about buying a race lorry for our college formula ford team, we aldo need to get spares.

What sort of spares would we need to carry also how much do they cost. I have had a look on the internet but could not find anything.

James
Old 6 Oct 2008, 09:10 (Ref:2305205)   #2
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesd
Hi

I am doing a college project about buying a race lorry for our college formula ford team, we aldo need to get spares.

What sort of spares would we need to carry also how much do they cost. I have had a look on the internet but could not find anything.

James
Hi James, there are lots of variables in your questions and answers, like, what sort of car are you running, the word team would suggest perhaps more than one car. It is likely to be an older car. Some cars like Van Diemen, will be easy to get spares for, others will not and you may have difficulty there.
The first thing I would have is a spare couple of wheels, after that it can run from a spare throttle cable to brake pads, spare HT stuff is also useful, points, plugs, leads, all that sort of thing and dont forget petrol - it does happen!
After that you will be thinking about repairs following accident damage. You tend to pick spare parts up as you go. You bend a wishbone and buy a new one but straighten the old one as a spare. That sort of thing.
Keep an eye on ebay for Formula Ford stuff, and check the various FF1600 websites, they usually have a For Sale section.

Why is this more fun than working??? Its monday morning and I should have my head down
Old 6 Oct 2008, 09:39 (Ref:2305227)   #3
Jamesd
Racer

Jamesd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I am in the libary playing on games but should be doing my work.

Currently we run one offical car which is a spectrum, but we have a couple of cars which are run and raced by some students.

Would you recommentd have complete corners built up.

James